Not for the faint hearted........

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John_c

Re: Not for the faint hearted........

ricardobee wrote:" . . . the announcer had announced an incorrect substitution . . ."
My only incident with Stan over the eight or nine seasons he was chairman was when I gave an incorrect final score for, strange as it might seem, our good friends Enfailed. He was good mates with their chairman, Tommy Unwin, and he was Stan's guest at Underhill that afternoon. Stan already had the hump because we had lost and I sort of compounded it by saying Enfailed had lost as well when they had drawn. Petrified, I doubt it, the wife is the only one who has managed that. And no, I certainly didn't follow you to the toilet. Strange as it may seem, Stan apologised to me later. And I never revealed the attendance before being told, I've got a feeling I might have had to visit the loo if I had!
What a great blokey bloke Stan was. I miss those days when he threatened to kneecap fans. I miss the time he threatened me in his programme notes, I miss the time he sued a fan for libel, or maybe the time he held a fan against a wall by their throat, or even the time he assaulted a press photographer at an FA Hearing. Bless.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
rudebwoyben

John_c wrote:
ricardobee wrote:" . . . the announcer had announced an incorrect substitution . . ."
My only incident with Stan over the eight or nine seasons he was chairman was when I gave an incorrect final score for, strange as it might seem, our good friends Enfailed. He was good mates with their chairman, Tommy Unwin, and he was Stan's guest at Underhill that afternoon. Stan already had the hump because we had lost and I sort of compounded it by saying Enfailed had lost as well when they had drawn. Petrified, I doubt it, the wife is the only one who has managed that. And no, I certainly didn't follow you to the toilet. Strange as it may seem, Stan apologised to me later. And I never revealed the attendance before being told, I've got a feeling I might have had to visit the loo if I had!
What a great blokey bloke Stan was. I miss those days when he threatened to kneecap fans. I miss the time he threatened me in his programme notes, I miss the time he sued a fan for libel, or maybe the time he held a fan against a wall by their throat, or even the time he assaulted a press photographer at an FA Hearing. Bless.
Did he actually have your address on file?
John_c

rudebwoyben wrote:
John_c wrote:
Did he actually have your address on file?
Well yeah. I was a season ticket holder :-)
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

ricardobee

"What a great bloke Stan was . . ."

I miss the great football team, the entertainment, the goals, the crowds, etc. etc. The kneecapping was just an added attraction.
In fact I'm sure there would be some who might settle for that at the white elephant training ground!
John_c

ricardobee wrote:"What a great bloke Stan was . . ."

I miss the great football team, the entertainment, the goals, the crowds, etc. etc. The kneecapping was just an added attraction.
In fact I'm sure there would be some who might settle for that at the white elephant training ground!
What a loveable old psychopath he was. You'll be saying "he never hurt his own" next :doh:

ninestein

https://youtu.be/UeCu_OyvK8Y

Loved this video of our first season in the league, starting with highlights of Wycombe & Fisher away and promotion.
The end of the video captures that interview with Fry just after the playoff semi with Blackpool, where the first signs of tension between him and Stan came to the public eye.

My VHS tape gave up the ghost years ago. Thank Nicky for YouTube!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
MCB

John_c wrote: What a great blokey bloke Stan was. I miss those days when he threatened to kneecap fans. I miss the time he threatened me in his programme notes, I miss the time he sued a fan for libel, or maybe the time he held a fan against a wall by their throat, or even the time he assaulted a press photographer at an FA Hearing. Bless.
Was that his quote in your signature?

Anyone still have their Ban Fat Stan posters? My proudest piece of Barnet memorabilia

Devon_Bee

Yeah, cos I really miss listening to the news hearing that we were, yet again, being taken to court by HMRC.

Or, yet again, none of our players had been paid.

You lot and your rose-tinted spectacles.
John_c

Devon_Bee wrote:

Yeah, cos I really miss listening to the news hearing that we were, yet again, being taken to court by HMRC.

Not to mention the times he threatened and/or assaulted the players as well. A diamond geezer.

John_c

MCB wrote:
Was that his quote in your signature?
No :laugh:

beew

The south stand is now being dismantled and seats
removed Makes you wonder where it's headed.
Attachments
20180223_153758.jpg
20180223_160312.jpg
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

I was told it was heading into storage at the Hive.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
amberforever

John_c wrote:
Devon_Bee wrote:

Not to mention the times he threatened and/or assaulted the players as well. A diamond geezer.
He even went round to players home's as well for threats!
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

A relative of one of our players used to sit behind me at Underhill and he told me this story. This particular player’s mother died and a couple of days after the sad event Stan turned up on his doorstep with a wad of money and said that it was for the funeral.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
I Was There

I want that Fat Stan poster !
I can have it encapsulated and placed on my allotment to scare the crows off.
I suspect it would traumatise the plot holders as well, upset the foxes and result in myself being Yellow Carded
from site.