Not for the faint hearted........

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
HertsBee

Re: Not for the faint hearted........

Has anyone heard anything about the sale of the seats? I see from the pictures that they are being removed(from the South Stand) but has anybody been told how much they are. When contacting the number given, all they say is we will get back to you. Also, Boreham Wood have got planning permission for a new 1400 seater stand. I am surprised they didn't buy our old one.
Devon_Bee

beew wrote:Devon....that's a long cycle ride to Underhill. I take it you did it in stages!
I'm at (almost) all the Saturday home games, so I popped over yesterday to say goodbye to the old place before coming home. But I did drive :D
Devon_Bee

And to see what they plan on building where I had a look at this earlier:

http://arkpioneer.org/sites/default/fil ... ards_0.pdf

Green-belt? What green-belt? Said Barnet Borough Council...
beew

Devon_Bee wrote:
beew wrote:Devon....that's a long cycle ride to Underhill. I take it you did it in stages!
I'm at (almost) all the Saturday home games, so I popped over yesterday to say goodbye to the old place before coming home. But I did drive :D

Only said because there was a guy that on his bike taking photos last week.
Devon_Bee

beew wrote:Only said because there was a guy that on his bike taking photos last week.
Ah, nope not me. I was the guy with the tearful girlfriend. She's only been to Barnet three times in the last 10 years (a lot more when she was a teen), twice to Underhill and once to THL.

Whilst she was actually a bit weepy while we were looking at the ruins of the East Stand, I should point out that you only need to have 'Bright Eyes' come on the radio and she's in pieces... :*(:
ricardobee

Good to see the tannoy room still standing. Wonder if all those old cd's are still in there?
hoofer2

ricardobee wrote:Good to see the tannoy room still standing. Wonder if all those old cd's are still in there?
You should put in a request to have it shipped over as a new garden shed !

It still makes me guffaw when I recall your colleague in the tannoy room saying "Now for a bit of D**k...." when handing over announcements.

I have always wanted to know if a football was ever blasted at full pelt "Steve Cox" / "Wayne Turner" style into the tannoy box and what damage was sustained if it did.
Have visions of Norman Wisdom's "Early Bird" when a cup of tea survived a fall down the stairs.
ricardobee

I had the benefit of three football's being hit into the tannoy room in my time. Linvoy Primus, Paul Harding and Dominic Naylor. The first two were clearances and the third was Mr. Naylor (then playing for Leyton Orient) in the kick-around. Fortunately no damage to myself or colleagues, so no 'Mr. Grimsdike' moments.
The box would certainly fit into my back garden though not sure the wife would appreciate it.
And leave my D*** out of it!
barnet1958

I remember Fat Stan going full pelt towards the tannoy room during a match but can't remember why the announcer had upset him.
Reckless

The tannoy revealed the official attendance before he had told them what it going to be!
RichardM

barnet1958 wrote:I remember Fat Stan going full pelt towards the tannoy room during a match but can't remember why the announcer had upset him.
I remember an incident like that. the announcer had announced an incorrect substitution and looked petrified as Stan castigated him. I was on the way to the toilet at the time.
Monsieur Abeille

RichardM wrote:
barnet1958 wrote:I remember Fat Stan going full pelt towards the tannoy room during a match but can't remember why the announcer had upset him.
I remember an incident like that. the announcer had announced an incorrect substitution and looked petrified as Stan castigated him. I was on the way to the toilet at the time.
No doubt closely followed by the announcer
ricardobee

" . . . the announcer had announced an incorrect substitution . . ."
My only incident with Stan over the eight or nine seasons he was chairman was when I gave an incorrect final score for, strange as it might seem, our good friends Enfailed. He was good mates with their chairman, Tommy Unwin, and he was Stan's guest at Underhill that afternoon. Stan already had the hump because we had lost and I sort of compounded it by saying Enfailed had lost as well when they had drawn. Petrified, I doubt it, the wife is the only one who has managed that. And no, I certainly didn't follow you to the toilet. Strange as it may seem, Stan apologised to me later. And I never revealed the attendance before being told, I've got a feeling I might have had to visit the loo if I had!
RichardM

ricardobee wrote:" . . . the announcer had announced an incorrect substitution . . ."
My only incident with Stan over the eight or nine seasons he was chairman was when I gave an incorrect final score for, strange as it might seem, our good friends Enfailed. He was good mates with their chairman, Tommy Unwin, and he was Stan's guest at Underhill that afternoon. Stan already had the hump because we had lost and I sort of compounded it by saying Enfailed had lost as well when they had drawn. Petrified, I doubt it, the wife is the only one who has managed that. And no, I certainly didn't follow you to the toilet. Strange as it may seem, Stan apologised to me later. And I never revealed the attendance before being told, I've got a feeling I might have had to visit the loo if I had!
It wasn't you that day, it was a much older gentleman.
Reckless

Geoff Richards.....he was always mispronouncing names, John Marginerinson or Blessing Domino. How he would have coped with our players recently Nicky only knows.