Mansfield (Away) The Managerial Popularity Contest Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beeamazed

Re: Mansfield (Away) The Managerial Popularity Contest Threa

Is that 2 wins in our last 25 league matches?
Forget all the excuses ,that is a total disgrace.
CrawleyBee

beeamazed wrote:Is that 2 wins in our last 25 league matches?
Forget all the excuses ,that is a total disgrace.
Can’t be bothered to check but if that’s the case, what a disgrace.
Formerly Watfordbee
ninestein

Time is fast running out. 16 games to go sounds like a lot of games to be played, but the gap to 22nd is only going to get wider if we don't start scoring at least two in a game. Difficult game coming up against Notts. It could go one of two ways... true to form and we are narrowly defeated, or we get a proper response from today's result and get that all action performance we've been craving for ages. What's it going to be? At the moment it feels like we're morphing into Orient from last season... and look how they are struggling again this season.

If we are to drop down, let's at least show some spirit and form the basis of a team who can dig in and compete next season.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

ape1968 wrote:On the basis of his first two games I thought Westley was putting the right things in place. Effort, intensity etc. IN fact most of those who are away day regulars were quite optimisitic last week at Cheltenham. However, today's abject defeat - and we were woeful - has to be laid at his door. His formation (if indeed there was one) was a joke. His insistence on starting some players whose commitment is at best questionable was the other factor in our defeat.

Just a thought but when you're bottom of the league it might be an idea to start your best 11 players....
Not sure we have 11 best players. It's the conundrum all managers have faced
hoofer2

northantsbee wrote:Given upon this season, we are down, whether or not Westley is right for the club or not. Next season with this team we will struggle in the NPL, we would just about make the top half of the SPL. When we have been in this position before I have had hope for the future, if we go down this season we'll be lucky if we're beck in the next ten years, we are total shite.
I did not have the hope second time round but we did it. The trouble is each time we drop there more clubs who are historically bigger that makes the challenge harder. Orient, Tranmere, Wrexham etc. Not convinced Rossi chose to step down, but do believe we would have accumulated more points under him.

I think the season has gone now. Last season Akinde played with a swagger and was scoring goals from open play for fun. Think it's harsh to say he's lazy and disinterested, however take away the penalties scored in first 2 seasons record is not so strong.
becbee

hoofer2 wrote:
ape1968 wrote:On the basis of his first two games I thought Westley was putting the right things in place. Effort, intensity etc. IN fact most of those who are away day regulars were quite optimisitic last week at Cheltenham. However, today's abject defeat - and we were woeful - has to be laid at his door. His formation (if indeed there was one) was a joke. His insistence on starting some players whose commitment is at best questionable was the other factor in our defeat.

Just a thought but when you're bottom of the league it might be an idea to start your best 11 players....
Not sure we have 11 best players. It's the conundrum all managers have faced
We have 11 players who, if they were currently at a different L2 club, would get match time. That's not the same as saying that every one of the 11 who started yesterday would.

Mansfield are a decent side but they are far from being world beaters. We put victory on a plate for them.

Mansfield away is a fixture my daughters and I would normally not miss. Yesterday they got "better offers" and I couldn't raise the enthusiasm to go on my own. I was hoping for the team to prove me wrong but they didn't.

What really hit home was when our commentator said that our the substitution of Nicholls was met with total silence by our away fans. Yet he'd been on the pitch for 79 minutes, what does that tell us?

What did Westley say to the players at Half Time? Whatever it was, it seemed to only make matters worse.

To be honest, 2 sides have to be relegated, we have no more right to stay in L2 than anybody else. But at least the previous times we were relegated it went to the final match of the season and last time we were unlucky to go down with 51 points. It was never total capitulation like this.
BeeBoi1980

I’ve been generally supportive of the club and as understanding as possible over a number of issues such as the move to The Hive, player and manager recruitment, match day pricing etc. But I think yesterday has proved a turning point for me. Others on here were very premature in their assessment of what would happen this season, but give them their dues, they were right. It didn’t have to be this way though.

I’m not saying it’s the last straw, I still hope, but if by miracle we stayed up I’d be worried. How many of TK, Thorne, McGhee and Westley could I trust to take us forward regardless of what league we are in next season. If we were starting from scratch how many of them would we choose to lead our club.

I had naively seen Westley as a decent last hope. But to bring in players to sit on the bench in the situation we are in, to pick that midfield, and then to praise that midfield post game, I’m just staggered. How are we here again? How can so many paid experienced football professsionals make the same basic errors?

I tuned into the post game interview hoping to hear Westley say that Sule, Vilhete, Taylor, Akinola and Nicholson all had a big part to play in our midfield / attacking midfield going forward. I was shocked that the intimation was that the guys who started did well. I didn’t go yesterday, but I didn’t need to, the team sheet said it all. Fair play to anyone who did go.

It’s like Groundhog Day. The chairman can’t put together a sensible management structure. The football directors can’t find the right manager, and the manager can’t pick our best players. These are the basics. It’s been the same since Mad Dog left. We have had so many chances to get this right, and we have failed every time. We deserve to go down.

Please at least show the fans some respect by picking our best 11 for the remaining 16 games, it might at least give enough of the fans enough hope to keep going next season.

I’m still praying for that miracle, I’m just not holding my breath anymore. COYB.
Gromit

We went yesterday, it's one of the games closest to where we live. We generally go the northern away games and don't get to the Hive all that often. The 'crowd' we have joined at these away games have been fun to be with - the hardy few hundred (?) who are there thick or thin. Yesterday was the first time I've felt sad at being at a game. Even if/when we lose we walk away with a smile having been there, having been part of the support for the team, having seen a good game - but yesterday was the first time I ever wanted to take my scarf off walking back to the car. It was like the team just didn't want to be there (most of them) and there was dissent between the Barnet fans too with shouting profanities about each other across our heads - I've never seen that at a game before (maybe I'm just naive?)

BUT...we are supporters. Some of the team wanted to be there. Curtis Weston got applause when he was subbed. Akinola was keen. Akinde is just not getting the service and when he is on the ball there's no-one to support him. There were SO many mistakes. Surely we can keep the ball from a set piece? So many times the ball went straight to a Mansfield player from a Barnet free kick.

We will carry on going to the odd games that we go to because we're fans but I do feel for you guys who go week in week out and spend your hard earned cash and time following them. There has to be a way out of this surely?
jerroll

i rarely miss games but i have cancelled my booking on the yeovil mini bus and will cancel my day off when i get to work tomorrow - i can't afford to wast another £70+ and a precious day off work on this rabble.i have loyally paid my full membership throughout each closed season since we have been at THL but not this year - i have no goodwill left anymore.
becbee

jerroll wrote:i rarely miss games but i have cancelled my booking on the yeovil mini bus and will cancel my day off when i get to work tomorrow - i can't afford to wast another £70+ and a precious day off work on this rabble.i have loyally paid my full membership throughout each closed season since we have been at THL but not this year - i have no goodwill left anymore.
Wow. I don't know you Jerroll but I have read enough posts from you on here to have formed an idea. I do know that when a supporter such as yourself writes something like this, things have really hit rock bottom.
jerroll

becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:i rarely miss games but i have cancelled my booking on the yeovil mini bus and will cancel my day off when i get to work tomorrow - i can't afford to wast another £70+ and a precious day off work on this rabble.i have loyally paid my full membership throughout each closed season since we have been at THL but not this year - i have no goodwill left anymore.
Wow. I don't know you Jerroll but I have read enough posts from you on here to have formed an idea. I do know that when a supporter such as yourself writes something like this, things have really hit rock bottom.
Sadly it is a combination of all the mistakes made by the club since december 2016 that has driven me to this, having been seriously ill last year i don't want to end up in the same situation so taking a step backwards seems a sensible option. i will only downgrade to a Hive membership just don't want to pay £36 for may,june, july & August as I will see out the cricket season for once before returning to games!
foxy

We are customers not supporters....
HertsBee

It says a lot about the club at the moment. With all the shit going on and Transfer Deadline Day arriving, our Chairman goes on Holiday. Perhaps at the next home game all the Supporters should go on Holiday.
pauln50

I have just listened to the post match interview. He is totally deluded. If he can't see what is staring everyone else in the face then there is no hope.
RichardM

bee007 wrote:It says a lot about the club at the moment. With all the shit going on and Transfer Deadline Day arriving, our Chairman goes on Holiday. Perhaps at the next home game all the Supporters should go on Holiday.
TK works 365 days a year even if he is not in this country. In this age of the computer and mobile phones etc a football club chairman does not have to be in attendance at the club every day to have control. there are plenty of other chairman who spend much less time than Tony at their clubs.