Mansfield (Away) The Managerial Popularity Contest Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Mansfield (Away) The Managerial Popularity Contest Threa

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Milkfloat wrote:Ricky Miller goes on trial in April. Would therefore not have been very bright to have taken him on loan at the moment so a sound move by Westley.
It’s 4th of February why does a trial in April make taking him on loan now a daft idea ?
Presumably he's guilty until proven innocent !
LoudmouthBFC

Mansfield Town F.C. 3 v Barnet F.C. 1 | Conceded less score more | Matchday Vlog (03/02/18)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exrcSNbwzWI
Mikel Bee

GW's comments don't chime with reality and I think he knows it but he's similar to MA in the way he defends his players to the hilt publicly and only focuses on the short term. It's going to be a tall order to stay up, not least because of Westley's team selection, game plan and each game being progressively worse than the last but if he can keep the dressing room on side then there's still a slither of hope.
Tuesds

barnet34 wrote:So most Barnet fans would agree our midfield has been a problem all season. We all assumed they would address this problem in the January window, and what do we end up with, Nicholls, Bover, Watson lining up and as usual we were over run in the second half yet again. It's frustrating that GW hasn't worked it out yet.
With the diamond midfield we've gone back to a system we had under Eames earlier in the season. Wouldn't be my choice ideally, but fine.

Under Eames, subject to availability, that diamond would be comprised of Weston plus Vilhete, Jack Taylor and Campbell-Ryce. It is now made up of Weston plus Nicholls, Watson and Bover. Something's amiss here!
Last edited by Tuesds on 05 Feb 2018, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Bee_Forever

I think this is the frustration, no problem with trying something different, but picking Bover Nicholls and Watson as 3 of your 4 midfielders is just asking for trouble.

We had Sule, Jack Taylor and Mauro on the bench who all could have done a better job but instead we had the three amigos who were uniform in their anonymity.

And then we had talk of our "preseason" in the post match interview. McGhee had his preseason versus Grimsby with similarly disastrous results. We are currently 7 points adrift with a game in hand, I wonder if we will come to rue playing a 44 game season in May.
Itai-bee

As Jerroll observed.Why does every new manager exclude Vilhete from the first team?.It seems like it takes every new manager a couple of months to realise that Vilhete is one of the best players we have.
Excluding Jack Taylor.Vilhete is head and shoulders above everything else we currently have in midfield.
gowerfan

But he never seems to play well in midfield. I think he is best when he plays at right back and goes on those amazing runs into the opposition penalty area. He is so talented.
PAC66

gowerfan wrote:But he never seems to play well in midfield. I think he is best when he plays at right back and goes on those amazing runs into the opposition penalty area. He is so talented.
I agree he has a lot of pluses at RB but, personally I quite like him in CM. Thought he did very well there early in season - we were certainly a lot more robust with him in midfield than we are now. I thought we really suffered without his drive in midfield when he was moved out of CM and either used as a bandaid to cover other positions or stranger still, being left out of the team.

Both he and Akinola have been ridiculously under utilised under the last 2 managers.
PBBee

jerroll wrote:
PBBee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote: Wow. I don't know you Jerroll but I have read enough posts from you on here to have formed an idea. I do know that when a supporter such as yourself writes something like this, things have really hit rock bottom.
Sadly it is a combination of all the mistakes made by the club since december 2016 that has driven me to this, having been seriously ill last year i don't want to end up in the same situation so taking a step backwards seems a sensible option. i will only downgrade to a Hive membership just don't want to pay £36 for may,june, july & August as I will see out the cricket season for once before returning to games!

Sorry to read all that John but can’t blame you one bit.

I didn’t realise downgrading was an option & that probably makes more sense than cancelling, like I did last summer & paying the joining fee again!
only to the £2 hive membership - makes chesterfield game + membership £23.75 rather than £36!!
But then £2 a month for the summer & no joining fee next season? Or do you still pay a joining fee to upgrade?
Norfolk & Chance

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Mansfield Town F.C. 3 v Barnet F.C. 1 | Conceded less score more | Matchday Vlog (03/02/18)

Listening to the last 60 seconds laying into the fans of other clubs whinging about their manager/position, I realised what we need.
YOU need to do the half time team talk.
It was genuinely motivating, even if it was just taking a swing at opposing fans (figuratively speaking).
God knows it'd be better than Westley or McGhoo.
To bee or not to bee

But then £2 a month for the summer & no joining fee next season? Or do you still pay a joining fee to upgrade?

No joining fee so only risk is you may lose your seat.
amberforever

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Mansfield Town F.C. 3 v Barnet F.C. 1 | Conceded less score more | Matchday Vlog (03/02/18)

Listening to the last 60 seconds laying into the fans of other clubs whinging about their manager/position, I realised what we need.
It was genuinely motivating, even if it was just taking a swing at opposing fans (figuratively speaking).
Agreed, lets get someone in there with some balls and tell it like it really is. No more medal winning or pre season talk....
LoudmouthBFC

amberforever wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Agreed, lets get someone in there with some balls and tell it like it really is. No more medal winning or pre season talk....

As much as I'd love to do that, and so would others. It would never happen. The club think their doing what's best for the club/business. THEY AIN'T!!! even if I or anyone somehow did get to do this, Like when MA use to invite fans into his office for a chat. Would the players really sit up and take notice? What's the saying, you can lead a horse to water..... I've always said it, we need to get some of the older players back into this club to show the current lot and even the youth what this team means to us all.
beew

To bee or not to bee wrote:quote

No joining fee so only risk is you may lose your seat.
Yes a real risk with the thousands or so on the waiting list.
Milkfloat

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Milkfloat wrote:Ricky Miller goes on trial in April. Would therefore not have been very bright to have taken him on loan at the moment so a sound move by Westley.
It’s 4th of February why does a trial in April make taking him on loan now a daft idea ?
Presumably he's guilty until proven innocent !
He might be slightly distracted during the business end of the season?