Mansfield (Away) The Managerial Popularity Contest Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pauln50

Re: Mansfield (Away) The Managerial Popularity Contest Threa

Just such a pity all those other clubs are above us!
becbee

pauln50 wrote:I have just listened to the post match interview. He is totally deluded. If he can't see what is staring everyone else in the face then there is no hope.
I had no time for McGhee's public criticism of the players but Westley's deluded talk is almost as bad.
He says that had almost as much possession as Mansfield - why then did the match commentary make it sound as though it was always a matter of time before Mansfield scored / scored again? The fact we had some possession early on then once the score was 3-0 might alter the stats, it doesn't affect the reality.

The idea that if Clough's chance late into injury time had gone in , that we might have gone on to force an equaliser - is the most ridiculous comment ever. PF used to be mocked for saying "if we'd had another 5-10 minutes". Westley thinks 60-90 seconds would have been enough!"

He twice praises Akinola. So why did it take until the hour mark to bring him on?

Anyway, so Westley is encouraged. I imagine so are the rival L2 managers.

Most ridiculous is that he twice mentions Mansfield's strength in having Ricky Miller. Yet apparently he stopped Ricky Miller joining us??
DerekRocholl

RichardM wrote:
bee007 wrote:It says a lot about the club at the moment. With all the shit going on and Transfer Deadline Day arriving, our Chairman goes on Holiday. Perhaps at the next home game all the Supporters should go on Holiday.
TK works 365 days a year even if he is not in this country. In this age of the computer and mobile phones etc a football club chairman does not have to be in attendance at the club every day to have control. there are plenty of other chairman who spend much less time than Tony at their clubs.
Effective delegation is a skill.
Sam_BFC

In the interests of fairness keep in mind that GW stopping any Ricky Miller transfer is unconfirmed rumour. If true then yes his comment would be bizarre.

It seems we have had two encouraging performances and one poor one so far. Our chances of beating the drop are slim at best, how delusional GW really is will become more apparent in the next few games.
beew

It merely means that next Sat becomes a must win game. Our 3 newcomers must play from the off and hopefully we can gain some much needed momentum. With our 3 upcoming home games we need to take at least 6 points and earn at least a draw at Yeovil. And yes I have been drinking.
barnet34

So most Barnet fans would agree our midfield has been a problem all season. We all assumed they would address this problem in the January window, and what do we end up with, Nicholls, Bover, Watson lining up and as usual we were over run in the second half yet again. It's frustrating that GW hasn't worked it out yet.
Bee52

barnet34 wrote:So most Barnet fans would agree our midfield has been a problem all season. We all assumed they would address this problem in the January window, and what do we end up with, Nicholls, Bover, Watson lining up and as usual we were over run in the second half yet again. It's frustrating that GW hasn't worked it out yet.
Affords little protection to the back line and little support for the front line. Not surprising that defenders and forwards alike are made to look so poor.
letchbee94

First time I have had the heart to come on here since coming home from the game yesterday.
Agree with Ape1968 about the first 2 games and leaving us fans feeling optimistic.

Yesterday was awful though and after the first half I was thinking maybe the second half will be our 'best' half this week but it was just as bad, credit to Mansfield though who deservingly won and like I read what Evans said could have scored 6 or 7 goals.
I could not believe my ears when I heard GW post match interview if that was an encouraging day at the office then I dread to think what a bad day will be like.

It not over yet and until it is official that we are down then we have hope but like I have said if we are to stay up then 2 other teams are going to have to be really really worse then us.
Bee52

letchbee94 wrote:I could not believe my ears when I heard GW post match interview if that was an encouraging day at the office then I dread to think what a bad day will be like.
Graham Crystal-Methley?
PBBee

jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:i rarely miss games but i have cancelled my booking on the yeovil mini bus and will cancel my day off when i get to work tomorrow - i can't afford to wast another £70+ and a precious day off work on this rabble.i have loyally paid my full membership throughout each closed season since we have been at THL but not this year - i have no goodwill left anymore.
Wow. I don't know you Jerroll but I have read enough posts from you on here to have formed an idea. I do know that when a supporter such as yourself writes something like this, things have really hit rock bottom.
Sadly it is a combination of all the mistakes made by the club since december 2016 that has driven me to this, having been seriously ill last year i don't want to end up in the same situation so taking a step backwards seems a sensible option. i will only downgrade to a Hive membership just don't want to pay £36 for may,june, july & August as I will see out the cricket season for once before returning to games!

Sorry to read all that John but can’t blame you one bit.

I didn’t realise downgrading was an option & that probably makes more sense than cancelling, like I did last summer & paying the joining fee again!
jerroll

PBBee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:i rarely miss games but i have cancelled my booking on the yeovil mini bus and will cancel my day off when i get to work tomorrow - i can't afford to wast another £70+ and a precious day off work on this rabble.i have loyally paid my full membership throughout each closed season since we have been at THL but not this year - i have no goodwill left anymore.
Wow. I don't know you Jerroll but I have read enough posts from you on here to have formed an idea. I do know that when a supporter such as yourself writes something like this, things have really hit rock bottom.
Sadly it is a combination of all the mistakes made by the club since december 2016 that has driven me to this, having been seriously ill last year i don't want to end up in the same situation so taking a step backwards seems a sensible option. i will only downgrade to a Hive membership just don't want to pay £36 for may,june, july & August as I will see out the cricket season for once before returning to games!

Sorry to read all that John but can’t blame you one bit.

I didn’t realise downgrading was an option & that probably makes more sense than cancelling, like I did last summer & paying the joining fee again!
only to the £2 hive membership - makes chesterfield game + membership £23.75 rather than £36!!
RichardM

[quote) Yet apparently he stopped Ricky Miller joining us??[/quote]

Where did you read that?
#Beebot

RichardM wrote:[quote) Yet apparently he stopped Ricky Miller joining us??
Where did you read that?[/quote]

It was in the local press in Peterborough.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... -1-8342555
Milkfloat

Ricky Miller goes on trial in April. Would therefore not have been very bright to have taken him on loan at the moment so a sound move by Westley.
DerekRocholl

Milkfloat wrote:Ricky Miller goes on trial in April. Would therefore not have been very bright to have taken him on loan at the moment so a sound move by Westley.
It’s 4th of February why does a trial in April make taking him on loan now a daft idea ?