TK "Never Again"

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: TK "Never Again"

I would argue that somebody who goes to more games is actually a better fan than someone that doesn’t to be honest.

Now we all know some of the reasons why some people don’t go to the Hive etc & we all have personal problems/lives to live but a fan travelling home & away would currently be more dedicated to supporting the football team.
Norfolk & Chance

A better fan?
I wonder what our overseas fans think about that argument.
Or a fan with a serious illness who follows the club every way possible, apart from actually going to the game?
pgbee

I am confident now the last game of the season will be meaningless as far as we are concerned so TK will have his wish.
CrawleyBee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:A better fan?
Or a fan with a serious illness who follows the club every way possible, apart from actually going to the game?
I would think he meant those fans who have the option and are able to attend games.
Formerly Watfordbee
beeman

X-Bumble wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:
Guiseleybee wrote:I've never been one of those to complain about leaving Underhill. Staying there meant we were always going to struggle to stay in League Two with our small crowds and lack of facilities to generate other income streams meaning we had no way to compete with bigger teams at this level. Even though Accrington continue to prove it can be done they are a very much over achievers.

However, I bought into The Hive relocation on the basis we would become more competitive at this level. Huge credit to TK in this regard - he said in the Q&A we have the 10th largest budget in the league now even though our crowds remain small. That's a huge achievement it really is.

Yes at a time our financial resources have never been greater, the utter shambolic miss-management of the playing side of the club is a massive travesty. I remember when we won promotion most recently TK declared 'never again'. This was the time the club was supposed to really push on. Establish ourselves firmly as a league two club and then progress, ideally as our stadium capacity etc has grown.

But the reality is, that ever since MA left, there has been what can only be seen as huge complacency on the footballing side of things. It's so very sad that this potential has not only not been realised, but that we continue to spectacularly regress as a club in the aspect that matters most - the first team!
Some people cannot separate on field activity with off, and therein lies the problem.

Derek and Foxy pipe up with a childish snipe just because I politely asked for the endless moaning to stop. You have nothing positive to say, it's sad.

To all those who post the exact same constant whining over and over again, can you now please understand that we know you have those issues. We don't need you to keep making them over and over again. Any sympathy you have tried to gain with your complaints (justified or not) has now been used up due to you not stopping banging on about it.

We know... there's nothing we can do to change it. If you don't like what you have in front of you, then don't do it. That's fine. Nobody is going to judge you for it. But there is no point in the endless complaining over and over and over. It's now becoming boring and you are just making this board an unpleasant place to be.

Sure, complaints are valid and justified on here, but endless posts about the same moan over and over and now disruptive to the club and this message board. I was a member of BTiD like many of us were/are. But I, like others left the group as the aggression, foul language and endless complaints of the same type drove us away. Surely you (and certainly us) don't want this board to go the same way.
There is a huge amount to be positive about the way the club is set up off the pitch. There is very little to be positive about as far as results are concerned, and as far as many are concerned about the match-day experience either. Despite this Foxy, I and a dwindling band of others still turn up regularly to support the team.

Pious lecturing from someone whose support is limited to typing on a keyboard is nauseating. You haven't been to the Hive, you have no experience of it good or bad, yet you seem to think you can tell everyone what they should and shouldn't think about it. Please just gives us a break.
Trying to imply you are a better fan than others because you go to more games is ridiculous and embarrassing. You have no idea where I go and how often, and as I said to Foxy, that is none of your business. Someone who went to their first game last week is as important as someone who has been going for 30 years. So don't ever try and play the snob card and imply that some people are better or more important that others. This is the exact kind of divisiveness that we don't need right now.

I am talking about the way you and others behave on this board as it effect us us all. I put up a positive post a week or so ago, trying to get everyone together. Foxy then unfriends me on Facebook without even letting me know, and then you and him try and start some sort of attack campaign against me on here.

I find that so sad. Rather than come together and get behind the club, you want to carry on and try and sow divisions on this board. Are you really so bitter that you think cooking up this kind of behaviour is acceptable?

Take a good look at what this sort of behaviour ends up like. You can see the end result in other failed boards and nasty Facebook groups.

I thought we were above this on here, but it seems schemes and back-stabbing are rife here too.

Such a shame.
I have to agree with X Bumble here. This group is about discussion all things BFC and whilst I have only followed from afar, some of the posts made by foxy have been quite childish and unnecessary.
barnetboy1

I confess ,in the original post, I have broken my Cardinal Rule of not posting when a libation has been taken.
I had the major hump after the Mansfield result, suffered an irrational wave of nostalgia and to list my Bona Fides as a fan was unnecessary ,they are irrelevant, to the crux of what I meant to question.
That we're together on this Forum means we are all fans.
I apologise if this has caused the thread to veer away from what I was trying to question which is, and maybe it's just good old gullible me, but "How the hell are we here once more ,facing a gruelling end to the season, when I took such expectancy from TK's quote"

And now I can't get out of my Golf date, I've made a commitment and I'm sticking to it.

COYBees FFS.
DerekRocholl

X-Bumble wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:
Guiseleybee wrote:I've never been one of those to complain about leaving Underhill. Staying there meant we were always going to struggle to stay in League Two with our small crowds and lack of facilities to generate other income streams meaning we had no way to compete with bigger teams at this level. Even though Accrington continue to prove it can be done they are a very much over achievers.

However, I bought into The Hive relocation on the basis we would become more competitive at this level. Huge credit to TK in this regard - he said in the Q&A we have the 10th largest budget in the league now even though our crowds remain small. That's a huge achievement it really is.

Yes at a time our financial resources have never been greater, the utter shambolic miss-management of the playing side of the club is a massive travesty. I remember when we won promotion most recently TK declared 'never again'. This was the time the club was supposed to really push on. Establish ourselves firmly as a league two club and then progress, ideally as our stadium capacity etc has grown.

But the reality is, that ever since MA left, there has been what can only be seen as huge complacency on the footballing side of things. It's so very sad that this potential has not only not been realised, but that we continue to spectacularly regress as a club in the aspect that matters most - the first team!
Some people cannot separate on field activity with off, and therein lies the problem.

Derek and Foxy pipe up with a childish snipe just because I politely asked for the endless moaning to stop. You have nothing positive to say, it's sad.

To all those who post the exact same constant whining over and over again, can you now please understand that we know you have those issues. We don't need you to keep making them over and over again. Any sympathy you have tried to gain with your complaints (justified or not) has now been used up due to you not stopping banging on about it.

We know... there's nothing we can do to change it. If you don't like what you have in front of you, then don't do it. That's fine. Nobody is going to judge you for it. But there is no point in the endless complaining over and over and over. It's now becoming boring and you are just making this board an unpleasant place to be.

Sure, complaints are valid and justified on here, but endless posts about the same moan over and over and now disruptive to the club and this message board. I was a member of BTiD like many of us were/are. But I, like others left the group as the aggression, foul language and endless complaints of the same type drove us away. Surely you (and certainly us) don't want this board to go the same way.
There is a huge amount to be positive about the way the club is set up off the pitch. There is very little to be positive about as far as results are concerned, and as far as many are concerned about the match-day experience either. Despite this Foxy, I and a dwindling band of others still turn up regularly to support the team.

Pious lecturing from someone whose support is limited to typing on a keyboard is nauseating. You haven't been to the Hive, you have no experience of it good or bad, yet you seem to think you can tell everyone what they should and shouldn't think about it. Please just gives us a break.
Trying to imply you are a better fan than others because you go to more games is ridiculous and embarrassing. You have no idea where I go and how often, and as I said to Foxy, that is none of your business. Someone who went to their first game last week is as important as someone who has been going for 30 years. So don't ever try and play the snob card and imply that some people are better or more important that others. This is the exact kind of divisiveness that we don't need right now.

I am talking about the way you and others behave on this board as it effect us us all. I put up a positive post a week or so ago, trying to get everyone together. Foxy then unfriends me on Facebook without even letting me know, and then you and him try and start some sort of attack campaign against me on here.

I find that so sad. Rather than come together and get behind the club, you want to carry on and try and sow divisions on this board. Are you really so bitter that you think cooking up this kind of behaviour is acceptable?

Take a good look at what this sort of behaviour ends up like. You can see the end result in other failed boards and nasty Facebook groups.

I thought we were above this on here, but it seems schemes and back-stabbing are rife here too.

Such a shame.
It is very obvious that you rarely if ever go to games, home or away. But so what, we have many solid fans who for one reason or another can’t get to games very often. However none of these people lecture others who do go to games on what they should and shouldn’t think of the performance of the team or the matchday experience.
BeesKnees

Live and let live I say. if you're unhappy with the club let it all out and feel better for getting it off your chest.

TK has screwed up this season big time and he knows it. He's also being challenged at the planning inspectorate over the North stand and it looks like he's going to end up cancelling the new developments and starting from scratch.

Perhaps he is now feeling a bit demoralised by it all and resigned to relegation. I certainly am.
LeicesterBee

A good friend of mine was at a regional referee forum last night and the guest speaker was no less than Martin Allen. He managed to have a 1-2-1 chat with him later in the evening and quizzed him on all things Barnet

MA said that TK had approached him about a month ago regarding the managers role but he chose to walk away. His main concern being that TK was clearly more interested in growing THL complex and not the club any longer.

I have no reason to doubt this and it pretty much confirms what I and many others on here have felt for a long time. Unfortunately this only supports my decision to walk away from the club I loved and supported passionately for 30 years.
Norfolk & Chance

watfordbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:A better fan?
I would think he meant those fans who have the option and are able to attend games.
Agreed. I didn't think too deeply on that before commenting.
hoofer2

This thread has reached a very surreal tone. How can anyone question the loyalty of a fan who ran the KBA campaign? As a caveat my loyalty to Barnet FC is unquestioned and have been attending matches since is a miserable 0 0 drawn with Boston in 1980s FA Trophy game, but due to other commitments and priorities is impossible to make every game.

Let's not descend to a my dad's bigger than your dad thread. This thread is about the 'Never Again' statement and yet again another League 2 relegation struggle.
Norfolk & Chance

Was that the Boston draw that went to a 2nd replay at Cambridge? I'd never seen such a bunch of thugs as that Boston team!
hoofer2

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Was that the Boston draw that went to a 2nd replay at Cambridge? I'd never seen such a bunch of thugs as that Boston team!
Not sure. I was about 11 and think it was either 1983 or 1984, though I do remember seeing some robust challenges that got me hooked
Darrenp77

LeicesterBee wrote:A good friend of mine was at a regional referee forum last night and the guest speaker was no less than Martin Allen. He managed to have a 1-2-1 chat with him later in the evening and quizzed him on all things Barnet

MA said that TK had approached him about a month ago regarding the managers role but he chose to walk away. His main concern being that TK was clearly more interested in growing THL complex and not the club any longer.

I have no reason to doubt this and it pretty much confirms what I and many others on here have felt for a long time. Unfortunately this only supports my decision to walk away from the club I loved and supported passionately for 30 years.

Before you go walking away, this is completely different to the information that was given to me from an inside source. MA was more than willing to comeback, but the Club had doubts about going back down that road again. MA wanted certain people as backroom staff and certain players to come back.

So who do we believe ?
Norfolkbee

LeicesterBee wrote:A good friend of mine was at a regional referee forum last night and the guest speaker was no less than Martin Allen. He managed to have a 1-2-1 chat with him later in the evening and quizzed him on all things Barnet

Whilst I'm not willing to "walk away" from the club (at least not yet), I'm one of those who has long suspected what MA is said to have claimed. I think TK would be perfectly happy with operating a cheaper to run NL side simply to keep things ticking over at THL. However, why he has all these redevelopment plans is a total mystery to me when he is making little effort to progress the playing side. He must be the only chairman who chooses to hide behind the FFP rules when the team is in such dire peril of relegation. When was the last EFL team punished for breaking these rules?