TK "Never Again"

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetboy1

TK "Never Again"

"Never Again".......
I recall that quote from TK ;precisely when ,I'll give him the benefit of the doubt ,but it was either after one of our get out of jail ,last day of the season survivals, or when we came back up from the Conference.
I have supported Barnet for longer than I care to remember.
As a kid in the early 60s,every Saturday, having moved away from the area,before the joys of the Internet, I kept up to date with the slightest of press coverage on a Monday.
Moving back to North London, I have been to every Saturday home game for the last 14 years.
Where's your commitment to "Never Again"? ,where have you taken us, TK?
We have scraped along the bottom of Lg2, been to the Conference ,and scraped along the bottom of Lg2 again.
Underhill is reduced to rubble ,there's a symbolic reflection of where the f++k we are now for you.
I'm not going on Saturday, I've had a better offer of going to Top Golf with my daughter and her mates.

FFS - COYBeees.
amberforever

Re: TK "Never Again"

Yes, I remember TK's never again quote. I believe it was after a last game of the season do or die, maybe the one v Rochdale that we won.........and stayed up! yay! It was reassuring at the time......
becbee

Oh good, a new whinge fest. Just what we all need.
Enjoy your golf.
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:Oh good, a new whinge fest. Just what we all need.
Enjoy your golf.
People are entirely entitled to their opinions. Nobody has to agree with them. Years ago they would've been expressed in the pub or during a tea break at work. There is nothing wrong with getting something about your club off your chest. It's what fans have always done. It's what makes the world go round and will never change. Why should it? It shows people care more than some of the here today, gone tomorrow players ever do.
Norfolk & Chance

Strange how some complained about facilities at underhill but can't abide opinions about the current state of the team on the pitch.
X-Bumble

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Strange how some complained about facilities at underhill but can't abide opinions about the current state of the team on the pitch.
Come on matey - stop this sniping and griping. It's draining for everyone.
DerekRocholl

X-Bumble wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:Strange how some complained about facilities at underhill but can't abide opinions about the current state of the team on the pitch.
Come on matey - stop this sniping and griping. It's draining for everyone.

Easy for you to say that when you don't actually go to any of the games
Sigh - come now Derek. You have no idea as to what I do. You need to cleanse yourself of this bitterness that consumes you. Just accept the fact that you cannot walk to the ground any more and move on.

This constant griping just brings everyone and everything down.
Guiseleybee

I've never been one of those to complain about leaving Underhill. Staying there meant we were always going to struggle to stay in League Two with our small crowds and lack of facilities to generate other income streams meaning we had no way to compete with bigger teams at this level. Even though Accrington continue to prove it can be done they are a very much over achievers.

However, I bought into The Hive relocation on the basis we would become more competitive at this level. Huge credit to TK in this regard - he said in the Q&A we have the 10th largest budget in the league now even though our crowds remain small. That's a huge achievement it really is.

Yes at a time our financial resources have never been greater, the utter shambolic miss-management of the playing side of the club is a massive travesty. I remember when we won promotion most recently TK declared 'never again'. This was the time the club was supposed to really push on. Establish ourselves firmly as a league two club and then progress, ideally as our stadium capacity etc has grown.

But the reality is, that ever since MA left, there has been what can only be seen as huge complacency on the footballing side of things. It's so very sad that this potential has not only not been realised, but that we continue to spectacularly regress as a club in the aspect that matters most - the first team!
X-Bumble

Guiseleybee wrote:I've never been one of those to complain about leaving Underhill. Staying there meant we were always going to struggle to stay in League Two with our small crowds and lack of facilities to generate other income streams meaning we had no way to compete with bigger teams at this level. Even though Accrington continue to prove it can be done they are a very much over achievers.

However, I bought into The Hive relocation on the basis we would become more competitive at this level. Huge credit to TK in this regard - he said in the Q&A we have the 10th largest budget in the league now even though our crowds remain small. That's a huge achievement it really is.

Yes at a time our financial resources have never been greater, the utter shambolic miss-management of the playing side of the club is a massive travesty. I remember when we won promotion most recently TK declared 'never again'. This was the time the club was supposed to really push on. Establish ourselves firmly as a league two club and then progress, ideally as our stadium capacity etc has grown.

But the reality is, that ever since MA left, there has been what can only be seen as huge complacency on the footballing side of things. It's so very sad that this potential has not only not been realised, but that we continue to spectacularly regress as a club in the aspect that matters most - the first team!
Some people cannot separate on field activity with off, and therein lies the problem.

Derek and Foxy pipe up with a childish snipe just because I politely asked for the endless moaning to stop. You have nothing positive to say, it's sad.

To all those who post the exact same constant whining over and over again, can you now please understand that we know you have those issues. We don't need you to keep making them over and over again. Any sympathy you have tried to gain with your complaints (justified or not) has now been used up due to you not stopping banging on about it.

We know... there's nothing we can do to change it. If you don't like what you have in front of you, then don't do it. That's fine. Nobody is going to judge you for it. But there is no point in the endless complaining over and over and over. It's now becoming boring and you are just making this board an unpleasant place to be.

Sure, complaints are valid and justified on here, but endless posts about the same moan over and over and now disruptive to the club and this message board. I was a member of BTiD like many of us were/are. But I, like others left the group as the aggression, foul language and endless complaints of the same type drove us away. Surely you (and certainly us) don't want this board to go the same way.

You've had your say and your moan, and we have all listened. Please now change the record and leave those things behind you.
DerekRocholl

X-Bumble wrote:
Guiseleybee wrote:I've never been one of those to complain about leaving Underhill. Staying there meant we were always going to struggle to stay in League Two with our small crowds and lack of facilities to generate other income streams meaning we had no way to compete with bigger teams at this level. Even though Accrington continue to prove it can be done they are a very much over achievers.

Some people cannot separate on field activity with off, and therein lies the problem.

Derek and Foxy pipe up with a childish snipe just because I politely asked for the endless moaning to stop. You have nothing positive to say, it's sad.

To all those who post the exact same constant whining over and over again, can you now please understand that we know you have those issues. We don't need you to keep making them over and over again. Any sympathy you have tried to gain with your complaints (justified or not) has now been used up due to you not stopping banging on about it.

We know... there's nothing we can do to change it. If you don't like what you have in front of you, then don't do it. That's fine. Nobody is going to judge you for it. But there is no point in the endless complaining over and over and over. It's now becoming boring and you are just making this board an unpleasant place to be.

Sure, complaints are valid and justified on here, but endless posts about the same moan over and over and now disruptive to the club and this message board. I was a member of BTiD like many of us were/are. But I, like others left the group as the aggression, foul language and endless complaints of the same type drove us away. Surely you (and certainly us) don't want this board to go the same way.
There is a huge amount to be positive about the way the club is set up off the pitch. There is very little to be positive about as far as results are concerned, and as far as many are concerned about the match-day experience either. Despite this Foxy, I and a dwindling band of others still turn up regularly to support the team.

Pious lecturing from someone whose support is limited to typing on a keyboard is nauseating. You haven't been to the Hive, you have no experience of it good or bad, yet you seem to think you can tell everyone what they should and shouldn't think about it. Please just gives us a break.
foxy

Could not have put it better myself Hive! :-)

Not quite sure why my name has come up in this thread?
hoofer2

X-Bumble wrote:

You've had your say and your moan, and we have all listened. Please now change the record and leave those things behind you.
But that's the whole point of a messageboard dedicated to Barnet FC to discuss topics that concern Barnet fans. If you don't like a thread don't comment on it. I am all for the Hive and the financial advantages it brings,
however my primary concern is what happens on the pitch as have no intention of visiting "The Hive" complex other than to watch football with a tea in hand.

"The Hive" complex brought the promise of a financial bounty that means we can finally have a competitive playing budget, however now we have a decent budget, we are experiencing a heinous bout of deja vu
and yet another season of toil and struggle in League 2. The promises delivered at the start of the season about challenging for playoffs and beyond feel very hollow and the moaning is because we all care.
Other clubs of similar stature - Accrington, Morecombe, Crawley, Stevenage seem to manage well at this level, yet we always seem to fall short.
Norfolkbee

Run that by me again. Are people really saying that others aren't allowed an opinion simply because others don't agree with them? Many is the time I disagree with views expressed, but I would never try to stop people from stating their opinions. Certain people defend certain things to the hilt, as is their prerogative, but it doesn't mean they are necessarily right.
It is, in my opinion (and I wouldn't dream of speaking for anyone else) getting all rather silly. You either have a forum that is open for full and frank debate or close it down. Debate can only be a good thing, even if ultimately actions can only depend on the machinations of the man who holds the purse strings.
For the record, I do attend matches. As far as the Underhill/Hive debate goes, I was sad to leave the former (and the Borough of Barnet), but accept the move was necessary, even if it appears (and only in my opinion) to have been a missed opportunity for a new beginning as far as the playing side is concerned. I believe that, with all the off-field developments, TK has taken his eye off the ball where the first team is concerned.
Please feel free to criticise, but don't try to shut me up. After 40 years involved in local politics, my skin is far too thick for that.
X-Bumble

Hiveoccupier wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:

There is a huge amount to be positive about the way the club is set up off the pitch. There is very little to be positive about as far as results are concerned, and as far as many are concerned about the match-day experience either. Despite this Foxy, I and a dwindling band of others still turn up regularly to support the team.

Pious lecturing from someone whose support is limited to typing on a keyboard is nauseating. You haven't been to the Hive, you have no experience of it good or bad, yet you seem to think you can tell everyone what they should and shouldn't think about it. Please just gives us a break.
Trying to imply you are a better fan than others because you go to more games is ridiculous and embarrassing. You have no idea where I go and how often, and as I said to Foxy, that is none of your business. Someone who went to their first game last week is as important as someone who has been going for 30 years. So don't ever try and play the snob card and imply that some people are better or more important that others. This is the exact kind of divisiveness that we don't need right now.

I am talking about the way you and others behave on this board as it effect us us all. I put up a positive post a week or so ago, trying to get everyone together. Foxy then unfriends me on Facebook without even letting me know, and then you and him try and start some sort of attack campaign against me on here.

I find that so sad. Rather than come together and get behind the club, you want to carry on and try and sow divisions on this board. Are you really so bitter that you think cooking up this kind of behaviour is acceptable?

Take a good look at what this sort of behaviour ends up like. You can see the end result in other failed boards and nasty Facebook groups.

I thought we were above this on here, but it seems schemes and back-stabbing are rife here too.

Such a shame.
Norfolkbee

I wouldn't mind guessing that all the moaning and negativity would rapidly become a distant memory if there was a decent team on the pitch.