Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

jerroll wrote:
PBBee wrote:What a lovely surprise it was to check my phone at 4:50 at Twickenham & see that goal pop up (it would be the only home game I’ve missed all season though).

Spoke to a local Grimsby fan on Friday who says they are in disarray - however they’ve got a lot more points on the board than us.

He always goes to their games vs us at the Hive & said our facilities are amazing & one of the best in the league if not the best for away fans!
Slade gone after latest defeat, hope they appoint a mcghee like manager!
Slade sounded a lot like McGhee from what I heard, in that he should have been sacked weeks if not months ago but the chairman liked him and so he was able to cling on for longer than he should have done.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
StephenM

jerroll wrote:
PBBee wrote:What a lovely surprise it was to check my phone at 4:50 at Twickenham & see that goal pop up (it would be the only home game I’ve missed all season though).

Spoke to a local Grimsby fan on Friday who says they are in disarray - however they’ve got a lot more points on the board than us.

He always goes to their games vs us at the Hive & said our facilities are amazing & one of the best in the league if not the best for away fans!
I hope they appoint Mcghee as manager.
hoppy

StephenM wrote:
jerroll wrote:

I hope they appoint Mcghee as manager.
Why not have a bet on it?
Bookies offering 14/1 that Mark McGhee will be the next Grimsby manager.
jzsbee

The build up to the goal was pretty similar to County's first half chance when I believe Clough made a great tackle. AN did really well to score.

I was sitting next to a County fan who was saying how impressed he was with Nicholls and some of the pace in our team. He was concerned about the traffic so I suggested he leave 5 minutes early, probably for the best......

Unfortunately, I had to leave 20 minutes early to DJ a gig for Marie Curie where the Wealdstone Raider turned up, performed his song, took photos with everyone, did a raffle, shouted at a few people and helped raise money all gratis. Very nice of him although though not a big fan of Barnet.
becbee

The goal, together with commentary, are on Facebook. Jonathan Blakie's commentary is priceless.
South_Belfast_Bee

Clough’s performance earns him a place in the EFL team of the week. Fair play.