Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

Postby StephenM » 11 Feb 2018, 21:28

jerroll wrote:
PBBee wrote:What a lovely surprise it was to check my phone at 4:50 at Twickenham & see that goal pop up (it would be the only home game I’ve missed all season though).

Spoke to a local Grimsby fan on Friday who says they are in disarray - however they’ve got a lot more points on the board than us.

He always goes to their games vs us at the Hive & said our facilities are amazing & one of the best in the league if not the best for away fans!

Slade gone after latest defeat, hope they appoint a mcghee like manager!

I hope they appoint Mcghee as manager.
StephenM

Postby hoppy » 11 Feb 2018, 22:00

StephenM wrote:
jerroll wrote:
PBBee wrote:What a lovely surprise it was to check my phone at 4:50 at Twickenham & see that goal pop up (it would be the only home game I’ve missed all season though).

Spoke to a local Grimsby fan on Friday who says they are in disarray - however they’ve got a lot more points on the board than us.

He always goes to their games vs us at the Hive & said our facilities are amazing & one of the best in the league if not the best for away fans!

Slade gone after latest defeat, hope they appoint a mcghee like manager!

I hope they appoint Mcghee as manager.

Why not have a bet on it?
Bookies offering 14/1 that Mark McGhee will be the next Grimsby manager.
hoppy

Postby jzsbee » 12 Feb 2018, 12:15

The build up to the goal was pretty similar to County's first half chance when I believe Clough made a great tackle. AN did really well to score.

I was sitting next to a County fan who was saying how impressed he was with Nicholls and some of the pace in our team. He was concerned about the traffic so I suggested he leave 5 minutes early, probably for the best......

Unfortunately, I had to leave 20 minutes early to DJ a gig for Marie Curie where the Wealdstone Raider turned up, performed his song, took photos with everyone, did a raffle, shouted at a few people and helped raise money all gratis. Very nice of him although though not a big fan of Barnet.
jzsbee

Postby becbee » 12 Feb 2018, 13:38

The goal, together with commentary, are on Facebook. Jonathan Blakie's commentary is priceless.
becbee

Postby South_Belfast_Bee » 12 Feb 2018, 16:05

Clough’s performance earns him a place in the EFL team of the week. Fair play.

https://twitter.com/efl/status/963081187228078080
South_Belfast_Bee

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat