Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LeftSideRun

Re: Notts County (THL) The Rocky Balboa Match Thread

What a win! Thought we had missed our chance with Clough's injury time header going wide from a fine Watson free kick after Mauro was hauled down on the break. Wondered why Ross didn't kick it immediately but that was the pass of the game and Nichols did brilliantly to have the legs and composure to finish like that in the 93rd minute!

Hopefully Westley will have seen that the midfield that finished the game was better than the team he sent out. Bover is too lightweight and unfortunately Nicholson looked a little out of his depth. Brindley was exposed down the right. To be fair to Nicholson he put in a good cross in the first half and hit a good shot in the second but he was often bullied out of possession and drifted inside.

Akinola made a huge difference. Has to start. Nichols just pipped him to man of the match, which I never thought I'd say. First player since Gash to win possession, control the ball well and give us a platform. So much better up front then out on the wing. Big John played well in the first half but rushed his chances. Looked very tired in the second half.

Weston and Watson battled hard all game but were devoid of ideas other than hit and hope over the top for Akinde to chase. Think Taylor or possibly Sweeney would give us a bit more craft in there.

Tin man nearly cost us when he lost possession. That would have been awful. Other than that moment he won a couple of tackles. Looks like he might need to start the next game. Clough generally played well and was unlucky not to score at the end. No idea how a ball at the end of the first half beat Santos and Clough. We rode our luck there!

Tutonda played well. His change of pace and direction almost always sees him get past one defender and he was disciplined in defence.

We're not out of it yet!
jerroll

Fair play to Alex Nicholls, probably the first time he has played all 90 mins in his preferred position and the goal was deserved due to his hard work over 90 mins.
BEE428

I thought that new Nicholson had two very good shots on targets today and was pretty unlucky not to get on the score sheet. I prefer him and Akinola to Coulthirst
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
kingpinfid

Wow, we were seconds away from a decent draw, but a draw that would have been another nail in our relegation coffin.

Instead we snatch the win and have given ourselves a chance in the relegation battle. This could be the start of something.
gowerfan

Santos and Clough were outstanding at the back.Ross never looked troubled and his clearances were excellent. If you don't concede you always have a chance to nick it and for once we did. Nicholls is a cool finisher. Nicholson was sadly out of his depth but may have a bright future. Jack Taylor should have started. Curtis bustled and inspired. We still lack quality in midfield although Ruben had an excellent first half.
beew

A draw was the fair result and we went onto win it. When Nichols hit the shot I thought it had hit the side netting but was delighted when he spun around to celebrate. And celebrate we did...I hugged people who I didn't even know! Good times and long may it continue.
STAB

For me Tutonda was MOM a great future ahead. COYB
nicesirmick1

Have to laugh. Kevin Nolan was so angry with County's performance that in his post match interview he said he would make the team watch the match when they get back to Nottingham before letting them go home!
Golf Delta

When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
beew

It's oh so quiet!
Norfolk & Chance

It is a little paradoxical that our first win in years generates so little debate. Long may it continue. Personally I'm getting slowly stewed and basking in the glow of 3 points. Roll on Yeovil !!
barnetpete

Well I enjoyed it.

It’s only one game but if we can get something at Yeovil and something next week, the great escape is on we might even start chanting his name!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
ninestein

The table look a little bit less frightening this morning. Now let's back it up with another result at Yeovil. Crewe are looking like the freefall side at the moment. They have a tough game on Tuesday away to Accrington. Chesterfield and FGR both have home games with Cambridge and Stevenage respectively. Yesterday should have been the toughest game in the current little batch of 4 games. I feel a lot more confident about our chances now.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

ninestein wrote:The table look a little bit less frightening this morning. Now let's back it up with another result at Yeovil. Crewe are looking like the freefall side at the moment. They have a tough game on Tuesday away to Accrington. Chesterfield and FGR both have home games with Cambridge and Stevenage respectively. Yesterday should have been the toughest game in the current little batch of 4 games. I feel a lot more confident about our chances now.
Grimsby are also dropping like a stone, have not won in 12 - last 2 wins v FGR & when Mcgoo played the kids!
South_Belfast_Bee

Absolutely gutted to miss what sounded like a stronger team perforamnce, and hopefully a stronger 2nd half performance than we have become use to over the past few months.

For the first time in a month, I'm looking forward to the fact I'm booked to go to Yeovil!