Yeovil (Away) The Old Rosie Tinted Spectacles Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Yeovil (Away) The Old Rosie Tinted Spectacles Thread

So.... after a last gasp winner kindled the dying embers of hope, we find ourselves on the road to the west country for another League Hoof (c. Jerroll) encounter versus struggling Yeovil.

I think it is fair to say not many were overly enthused by the team announced by Westley at 2pm Saturday, but clearly he is starting to get an idea of what his strongest 11 is.

I hope that Westley has spoken to Akpa-Akpro to get incider knowledge about the threat Yeovil pose. It's fair to say we will be under the scrump at stages during the game, but as long as we hunt in pears, hopefully we will emerge from the haze with a much needed victory.

In terms of starting lineup, with Santos and possibly Bover injured the team more or less picks itself, although I would also start Mauro ahead of Nicholson so:-

----------------------------Ross----------------------------

----Brindley------Platovic-----Clough-----Tutonda----

----Vilhete------Weston------Watson------Akinola-----

------------------Nicholls------Akinde--------------------

Subs: Legge, Nelson, Payne, Nicholson, Sule, Bover, Coulthirst, J. Taylor

Doing this one by Combine Harvester. Hoping for another decent performance and more importantly 3 more points fro the relegation fight. COYB's! :D
Shmulib100

Re: Yeovil (Away) The Old Rosie Tinted Spectacles Thread

"The Railwaymen called the shots but found Artur Krysiak in fine form before the Yeovil goalkeeper limped off after the break."

From the BBC report.
South_Belfast_Bee

If, and it’s a big if, we got three points here, it would such a big morale booster for everyone concerned, after what feels like the depths of despair in recent months. That win on Saturday made the gap at the bottom look manageable all of a sudden, plus we’ll be feeling more confident as other sides start to get sucked in to the relegation tussle and start to panic.

Looking forward to going to this one now for the first time since I booked.
rudebwoyben

Shmulib100 wrote:"The Railwaymen called the shots but found Artur Krysiak in fine form before the Yeovil goalkeeper limped off after the break."

From the BBC report.
Apparently, this match was dullity personified with neither side ever looking likely to score.
MCB

Just had a peek where they are in the table and recent table.

League results 2018

H Crawley Lost 1-2
A Port Vale Drew 1-1
H Chesterfield Lost 1-2
H Grimsby Won 3-0
H Cambridge Won 2-0
A Crewe Drew 0-0

H Barnet ??

In between they have lost to Man U in the FA Cup and advanced to the EFL semi final, so lots of extra games.

But they've played some piss poor teams on their recent run - 8 points from 6 games, and are only on 35 points - only played Crawley in top 10 during this time (and Crawley wouldn't have been when they played). They have a really tough end of season run in, 2 more games away than at home, and EFL cup shenanigans.

This is a really good opportunity to drag them into the mix. If we beat them, then they are a club that would be anxiously looking to see where the 10-17 points they need to keep them safe will be coming from...
foxy

Nice early dinner stop off sourced

http://www.bullinnilchester.com/
foxy

Dont we have a game today?!

TTT!
letchbee94

Hope so foxy, safe journey see you at the ground.

Want the win but would be happy with a draw, long as we don't lose after our vital win on Saturday.
rudebwoyben

letchbee94 wrote:Hope so foxy, safe journey see you at the ground.

Want the win but would be happy with a draw, long as we don't lose after our vital win on Saturday.
I think we need the win as Saturday at home to Accy Stanley will be tough. We need to carry the feeling of momentum that was engendered by Nicholls' last minute goal on Saturday.
WinchyBee

I would LOVE IT if we won tonight, LOVE IT!
letchbee94

rudebwoyben wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Hope so foxy, safe journey see you at the ground.

I think we need the win as Saturday at home to Accy Stanley will be tough. We need to carry the feeling of momentum that was engendered by Nicholls' last minute goal on Saturday.
Totally agree with you.
jerroll

Come on Bees , make me regret not going..........
Nlites123

If Nicholl's can score a goal half as good as he did last season at Yeovil, we're in business.

Respect to those going tonight - it's a long old journey!

COYB!
foxy

You still not giving up the annual leave tonight John? real shame! however not very often I get to say "I was there when John Erroll wasn't" tho!!! HaHaHa...

Has a much better ring to it than "Foxy"

Hope tomorrow goes well John, better than England's latest t20 ventures anyway! ;-)
jerroll

foxy wrote:You still not giving up the annual leave tonight John? real shame! however not very often I get to say "I was there when John Erroll wasn't" tho!!! HaHaHa...

Has a much better ring to it than "Foxy"

Hope tomorrow goes well John, better than England's latest t20 ventures anyway! ;-)
Thanks Foxy, too many key players missing today (Root,morgan,Stokes & even Moeen!)Enjoy the game & hopefully nice clear roads on the way home.