Accrington (THL) The Accy Thump Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Accrington (THL) The Accy Thump Match Thread

Fair enough that Westley decided to make Nelson his assistant but why should that mean that he can't also play? Sweeney has done well but Nelson is actually a central defender as opposed to a midfielder trying out.
jerroll

becbee wrote:Fair enough that Westley decided to make Nelson his assistant but why should that mean that he can't also play? Sweeney has done well but Nelson is actually a central defender as opposed to a midfielder trying out.
Totally agree Becbee, the real question is - has Michael been taking full part in training or taking the sessions?
Milkfloat

The Tin Man is also a centre back and used to playing there. Whilst Sweeney looks like a class act, at the moment he is an accident waiting to happen. We can't afford to gift the opposition goals whilst he is learning to play at CB and to play with some self-control. I know Harding and Wilson were hard men but their exuberance (!) very rarely cost us points. Twas hard tackling mainly rather than acts of wanton stupidity.
LeftSideRun

In training games they should make him do 10 press ups every time he places a hand on an opponent. That'd curb his handy instincts.

He should get fined for the ridiculous booking.

Apart from his indiscipline he was one of the best players. I'd pick him.
jerroll

Milkfloat wrote:The Tin Man is also a centre back and used to playing there. Whilst Sweeney looks like a class act, at the moment he is an accident waiting to happen. We can't afford to gift the opposition goals whilst he is learning to play at CB and to play with some self-control. I know Harding and Wilson were hard men but their exuberance (!) very rarely cost us points. Twas hard tackling mainly rather than acts of wanton stupidity.
I don't see the point of signing 3 players none of whom have started regularly so i wonder if the head coach wanted Legg and Platovic or whether he just told the powers that be get me a keeper and a centreback and they went and got them!.
bigjohnakinde

The fact that people want Sweeney dropped is baffling.

He's been one of our best players since he's been playing at centre back. Wins headers, good on the ball. Yes the yellow card on Saturday was stupid and he shouldn't have pushed the player so blatantly, but he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
JWTBee

bigjohnakinde wrote:The fact that people want Sweeney dropped is baffling.

He's been one of our best players since he's been playing at centre back. Wins headers, good on the ball. Yes the yellow card on Saturday was stupid and he shouldn't have pushed the player so blatantly, but he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
Totally agree! He has made mistakes but how many potential goals has he prevented? Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes starting tonight!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
ETBee

I was on the south terrace on Saturday and Sweeney worked very hard to keep our defence together. He made an enormous number of game saving headers and tackles. "An accident waiting to happen" - what cr*p. Santos "gave away" a penalty against Yeovil so is he an accident waiting to happen?

There appears to be people on this forum who have to have a "hate figure". Like the guy on on the south terrace who used to spend the whole game ranting about Nelson.

Somebody needs to ask why we are not scoring goals.
RichardM

ETBee wrote:There appears to be people on this forum who have to have a "hate figure". Like the guy on on the south terrace who used to spend the whole game ranting about Nelson.
Hiveoccupier?
MCB

ETBee wrote:I was on the south terrace on Saturday and Sweeney worked very hard to keep our defence together. He made an enormous number of game saving headers and tackles. "An accident waiting to happen" - what cr*p. Santos "gave away" a penalty against Yeovil so is he an accident waiting to happen?

There appears to be people on this forum who have to have a "hate figure". Like the guy on on the south terrace who used to spend the whole game ranting about Nelson.

Somebody needs to ask why we are not scoring goals.
Wasn't you who led with 'Watson you're crap it's like playing with 10 men' after 2 minutes on Saturday then :sad:

Torn between saying something, and just thinking 'what's the point'.