Accrington (THL) The Accy Thump Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Accrington (THL) The Accy Thump Match Thread

So.... after a disappointing result at Yeovil, we return to fortress hive to try and get our relegation fight back on track in league hoof (c. Jerroll).

After a poor start to the game, Barnet fought back magnificently in the second half with Yeovil being saved time and time again by a combination of crossbar and goalkeeper. The impact of Mauro from the bench cannot be understated and surely we are now at the point where he has to start. Accrington are on a 4 game winning streak, and not many are giving us much hope, but I believe if we play to our best we will get a result.

Given some of the comedy defending on show, am glad that Sweeney is also back to offer some calmness and the question is whether he comes in for the dwindling Santos or for clumsy Clough (c. Jerroll). This is the team I would go for:-

---------------------------Ross--------------------------

--Brindley-----Sweeney----Platovic-----Tutonda--

--Vilhete-----J. Taylor-----Weston------Akinola---

----------------Akinde-----Nicholls-------------------

Subs: Legge, Santos, Cloiugh, Nicholson, Sule, Coulthirst, Watson

Looking forward to this one, and hopefully another 3 points.
WinchyBee

Re: Accrington (THL) The Accy Thump Match Thread

Can't drop Watson after his recent run of form, think he's been decent.
BeeinBristol

Bee_Forever wrote:So.... after a disappointing result at Yeovil, we return to fortress hive to try and get our relegation fight back on track in league hoof (c. Jerroll).

After a poor start to the game, Barnet fought back magnificently in the second half with Yeovil being saved time and time again by a combination of crossbar and goalkeeper. The impact of Mauro from the bench cannot be understated and surely we are now at the point where he has to start. Accrington are on a 4 game winning streak, and not many are giving us much hope, but I believe if we play to our best we will get a result.

Given some of the comedy defending on show, am glad that Sweeney is also back to offer some calmness and the question is whether he comes in for the dwindling Santos or for clumsy Clough (c. Jerroll). This is the team I would go for:-

---------------------------Ross--------------------------

--Brindley-----Sweeney----Platovic-----Tutonda--

--Vilhete-----J. Taylor-----Weston------Akinola---

----------------Akinde-----Nicholls-------------------

Subs: Legge, Santos, Cloiugh, Nicholson, Sule, Coulthirst, Watson

Looking forward to this one, and hopefully another 3 points.
Would agree with this team except I would swap Coulthirst with Akinde. Think JA needs kick up the proverbial!
LoudmouthBFC

WinchyBee wrote:Can't drop Watson after his recent run of form, think he's been decent.

:y:
MCB

Is that a White Stripes reference Bee Forever? Constantly surprising me :laugh:

As for the match, I can see an argument for Mauro away, and Simeon at home.

So, i'd like to see an unchanged team except for Mauro replacing Watson.
barnet34

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
WinchyBee wrote:Can't drop Watson after his recent run of form, think he's been decent.

You seem to have this thing about Watson, don't get it at all, when he tracks back he makes no difference, he hardly ever get's a tackle in. Mauro and Jack Taylor must start this game to have any chance.
Last edited by barnet34 on 15 Feb 2018, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
WinchyBee

barnet34 wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:

You seem to have this thing about Watson, don't get it at all, when he tracks back he makes no difference, he hardly get's a tackle in. Mauro and Jack Taylor must start this game to have any chance.[/

Don’t get me wrong, Jack and Mauro(especially) are two of my favourite Barnet players and two of the most individually talented players in the squad that’s for sure.
If you’re looking at Mauro on the wing I’d start him 100%, Jack also in a more advanced role but for the moment a midfield three of J.Taylor, Weston and Vilhete just isn’t balanced or physical enough for me. I’m not saying that Watson is the most physically imposing player but he’s in a good run of form and is creating chances so why should he be dropped?

I’d like to see the following;

Ross
Brindley Clough Platovic Tutonda
Watson Weston
Vilhete Nicholls Akinola
Akinde
LoudmouthBFC

barnet34 wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:

You seem to have this thing about Watson, don't get it at all, when he tracks back he makes no difference, he hardly ever get's a tackle in. Mauro and Jack Taylor must start this game to have any chance.

I have always said that Ryan Watson has football ability, at times we ain't seen the best of it. Now Westson is back, Watson is showing week by week that he does have something. I always saw it but others didn't. Some times players just can't find their feet at a club. Even though we have been poor this season. I hope we can try and put on a strong finish to the end of the season.
barnet34

He does have some ability but lacks the engine and physical presence required in our present position, we are going to need warrior's out there to turn this around.
MCB

Saturday will be so tough. They are 2nd. It's not like they'll be turning up and turning off as they assume it will be an easy 3 points which is normally our best option when we play a top team.
Bee_Forever

To be clear. I think Watson has looked better recently but I think Jack the better player.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
JWTBee

Bee_Forever wrote:To be clear. I think Watson has looked better recently but I think Jack the better player.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I totally agree with this.Watson has definitely improved but Jack is the more gifted player.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
bigjohnakinde

Akinola cannot start this game he was woeful against Yeovil.
amberforever

Accrington Stanley? Who are they???
Second in League 2, that's what.
Norfolk & Chance

I believe I heard /read that they have never been higher than league 2. Ever. So long as we beat them I'll be delighted if they get promoted.