"Who supports a football club for its financial stability?"

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ealingbee84

Re: "Who supports a football club for its financial stabilit

hoofer2 wrote:
Perhaps a relegation will force us to get rid of the deadweight and players who will not make it. Think having a development squad and youth team is a millstone for a club our size. For me our natural level is the Conference and have had the happiest times watching football at that level
The squad currently has 39 players I think. Even with the dodgy ones who have contracts run out I bet you will have a fair few who should be gone but have an extra year on their contract. Poor signings on 2 plus year contracts have left a squad to big. I think it may take a while to overhaul the squad.
barnetpete

BeesKnees wrote: I already feel there is a disconnect between fans and club with little in sight that is going to make it better.

Are you sure? the chairman seems to think the relationship is 8/10!!!!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
jerroll

ealingbee84 wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
Perhaps a relegation will force us to get rid of the deadweight and players who will not make it. Think having a development squad and youth team is a millstone for a club our size. For me our natural level is the Conference and have had the happiest times watching football at that level
The squad currently has 39 players I think. Even with the dodgy ones who have contracts run out I bet you will have a fair few who should be gone but have an extra year on their contract. Poor signings on 2 plus year contracts have left a squad to big. I think it may take a while to overhaul the squad.
At least 3 players with squad numbers are scholars & 2 are loanees. I would suspect the majority of the 'development squad players' will be on 1 year contracts with options in the clubs favour.
StephenM

ricardobee wrote:MCB, there are some on here who, for some strange reason, seem to think the club is in a better state now.
Personally I differentiate between "the club" and "the team". The club appears financially secure and blossoming in it's off pitch activities, so yes, in a better state. The team on the other hand is shit.
Tuesds

Hiveoccupier wrote:Are you saying that in the natural order of things TK has made a good fist of building our core support over the last 2 decades.
No. Mind you, we haven't really had a 'natural order of things'. Stuff happens to every club, but the ludicrous calling in and subsequent refusal by central government of one new stadium proposal, and the blocking of another by local government were not, by the standards of the authorities' general response to such matters elsewhere in the country, 'natural'.
John_c

StephenM wrote:
ricardobee wrote:MCB, there are some on here who, for some strange reason, seem to think the club is in a better state now.
Personally I differentiate between "the club" and "the team". The club appears financially secure and blossoming in it's off pitch activities, so yes, in a better state. The team on the other hand is shit.
Tsk. Stop it. :nonono:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
DerekRocholl

StephenM wrote:
The holding group seems to be thriving and has been piling on value over the years, the Club and Team continue to struggle badly.
Devon_Bee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
StephenM wrote:
The holding group seems to be thriving and has been piling on value over the years, the Club and Team continue to struggle badly.
Yes, and? Where is the money coming from to pay for new stands, buildings, West stand extension, North stand sports hall, etc. etc.?
DerekRocholl

Devon_Bee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
StephenM wrote:
Yes, and? Where is the money coming from to pay for new stands, buildings, West stand extension, North stand sports hall, etc. etc.?
Who are the new buildings, stands, sports halls etc that the proceeds of Underhill are funding for ? The rate things are going we will be gathering in the security box in the corner of the West stand to watch games so that unnecessary stadium management costs can be avoided.
Devon_Bee

Hiveoccupier wrote:Who are the new buildings, stands, sports halls etc that the proceeds of Underhill are funding for ?
The sports hall and West stand extension are all to provide extra spaces to rent out and create extra turnover. Extra turnover means higher wage potential for players and more security for the club out of season, or should we be relegated and funding goes down.
DerekRocholl

Devon_Bee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:Who are the new buildings, stands, sports halls etc that the proceeds of Underhill are funding for ?
The sports hall and West stand extension are all to provide extra spaces to rent out and create extra turnover. Extra turnover means higher wage potential for players and more security for the club out of season, or should we be relegated and funding goes down.
It only does this if TK decides that's the way it will work. Your argument would be similar to people trying to convince Newcastle supporters that they should be enthusiastic if Sports Direct did well with their Christmas sales.

Who supports the club because it has a bigger stadium than it needs, a sports hall that other people use, and a medical centre that can be used by elite sportsmen and women from around the south of England ?
Devon_Bee

Hiveoccupier wrote:It only does this if TK decides that's the way it will work. Your argument would be similar to people trying to convince Newcastle supporters that they should be enthusiastic if Sports Direct did well with their Christmas sales.

Who supports the club because it has a bigger stadium than it needs, a sports hall that other people use, and a medical centre that can be used by elite sportsmen and women from around the south of England ?
Sports Direct is the business that Mike Ashley runs, and whilst it fills his wallet, it's not directly attached to Newcastle other than through sponsorship. Newcastle supports itself financially as far as I know, which is how a club needs to be run these days. Too many have gone to the wall because they think a local billionaire is just round the corner who will come and save them after they over-spend. This is why FFP came in.

TK has ambition, and with that he knows we'll need a stadium that's fit for a) league football. b) league one or even the Championship.

Do you honestly think the sports hall should be reserved for regular first team watchers only? If you want extra income you have to have things that attract outside money from the locals.

Same with the medical centre. If Premier League players and clubs have stupid amounts of money to spend, why shouldn't we try and get some of it? If we have something they want, then charge them for it, they can afford it. Would you let a Premier League club have our best player for free? No, they'd pay.
Norfolk & Chance

It's sound in theory. In practice, we are we bottom of the table, and had 944 home fans Tuesday night. The cart is being continually put in front of the horse. Infrastructure should have been developed and improved hand in hand with progress on the pitch. But we all know that if we're being honest. There's not much we can do about it now I'm afraid.
Devon_Bee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:It's sound in theory. In practice, we are we bottom of the table, and had 944 home fans Tuesday night. The cart is being continually put in front of the horse. Infrastructure should have been developed and improved hand in hand with progress on the pitch. But we all know that if we're being honest. There's not much we can do about it now I'm afraid.
A bottom of the league club playing on a cold Tuesday night against Carlisle, very tempting. I'm not surprised it was 944. I'm not sure what anyone would expect for that game to be honest.

Improving the infrastructure hand-in-hand with progress on the pitch doesn't work though if you can't afford to pay the players they want to join your club. The cost of living in the area isn't cheap, so trying to persuade a lower league footballer to join you isn't going to be easy when they're made an offer by a club in a cheaper area.

Also, should you get promotion to a division where your ground isn't up to their criteria and then rushing to build a stand (or temporary stand) just to ensure they let you in, isn't the best situation to be in. Knowing how long planning takes in the London boroughs that would never work.