Refused Entry

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
amberforever

Re: Refused Entry

Another indictment of this poor club.
becbee

Why is this being debated on here? There is quite clearly more to this than the thread states.
My husband attends 2-3 matches every season using our daughters membership with absolutely no problem.
CrawleyBee

becbee wrote:Why is this being debated on here? There is quite clearly more to this than the thread states.
My husband attends 2-3 matches every season using our daughters membership with absolutely no problem.
Ironically I sat in the east using my step mums ticket and no problems, just a jobsworth steward fearing TKs wrath.
Formerly Watfordbee
pauln50

I spoke to TK on the phone about this two seasons ago, before we cancelled our memberships, in fact he called me, and he said that as long as the membership was a full adult anyone could use it. He only wanted to stop adults using concessions. This arose when a pensioner friend used my son's adult membership and was challenged
barnet_pls

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:That's appalling treatment, I hope you get an apology and perhaps some sort of recompense.

On a wider point, did anyone else have trouble getting in last night in the West Stand? My card 'beeped' but wouldn't let me in. The steward said it had already been used to gain entry, which of course it hadn't. They were about to make me go back to the ticket office, but fortunately one with common sense let me in.
Yes, this happened on Saturday to my sons membership card + had never happened before
barnetpete

4.3 below says transfer of tickets are allowed, if peer to peer and not for profit, ie a tout.

Football League Rules

4 Non-transfer of Tickets

4.1 A Ticket is issued for your sole use and you shall not resell or (save as set out in clause 4.3 below) transfer any Ticket to any other person without the prior written consent of the League.

4.2 Without prejudice to the general wording set out in clause 4.1 above, no Ticket may: (a) be used for any promotional purpose whatsoever (including, by way of example, in any competition, auction, give-away, or as a premium); (b) transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package Unless you have the prior written consent of the League.

4.3 If more than one Club or League Ticket is issued to you those Tickets may be used only by you and the person intending to accompany you to the Match. In the event that you and/or the person intending to accompany you to the Match are unable to use any Club and/or League Ticket then: - (a) you may transfer the Club Ticket to a natural person that is known to you who would be entitled (under the Terms & Conditions of Entry) to purchase such Club Ticket and attend such Match PROVIDED THAT such transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Club Ticket and such transfer does not take place during the course of any business. Any transfer will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Entry; (b) you may not transfer the League Tickets under any circumstances and these must be returned to the League. Where any League Ticket is returned not later than 5 working days prior to the date of the relevant Match you will be entitled to a full refund. Any return made after that date will only be refunded if the League is able to re-sell that Ticket.

4.4 All Tickets will remain the property of the League at all times and must be produced together with evidence of your identity if required to do so by any official, steward or employee of the League, Ground or any police officer. The League reserves the right to retain any Ticket at any time.

4.5 Any League or Club Ticket transferred, obtained or used in breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by the relevant Ticket shall be nullified. Misuse of a Ticket may result in the holder being ejected from the Ground and/or the cancellation and withdrawal of that Ticket. In the event of any cancellation and withdrawal in accordance with this clause 4.5, no refund shall be payable.

4.6 The League further reserves its right to take any legal action against any appropriate persons as it sees fit in connection with such matters.
Last edited by barnetpete on 22 Feb 2018, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
ealingbee84

Did he pay to go to the match? I hope not. When me and my friend had memberships/season tickets and one could go and the other couldn't we brought other people. Those people still bought drinks which otherwise would not be sold. All this does is alienate supporters. A guy who used to borrow my friend's, he would come in and buy 2 or 3 pints and sometimes a programme, better than an empty seat surely? I'm so glad I swapped for Hanwell Town (£75 with cheaper food and drink prices), and do not blame people for going to clubs like Wingate and Finchley instead. I also bet if locals went to Harrow Borough they would be made to feel much more welcome. How many of that 1150 actually paid full price? With people going with the 5 for £50 I imagine they are not taking much money.
kingpinfid

It's a shambles, like so many things that should be very simple.

Either you can share your membership cards with friends and family (providing adults are not using a concession membership and no "profit" is involved) or you can't.

How hard is it for the Club to make a decision and then include this in their T&Cs on-line? Then everyone knows where they stand and no one has any right to feel aggrieved.
John Hunt

Just to confirm.

I was at the meeting where the chairman specifically said that adult tickets are transferable. Children's tickets are not.

I thought it odd. Personally I think neither should be. However he said that he had no qualms with adult tickets being transferred. With children's tickets he wanted to be able to capture them on the database as potential future supporters.

Very odd. Probably a misunderstanding.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Devon_Bee

DanFinchleyBee wrote:...and gave him my ticket but he was turned away and my membership card was confiscated at the door by the stewards.
Since we arrived at THL I've never had a steward go anywhere near my membership card, so how did this play out?

Did your friend walk up a steward and tell him "I'm using my friends card, can you show me how to use it?"
Bee52

We should all know by now how dire BFC usually is at dealing with transfers!!!

Maybe your friend should have waited until 30 seconds before kick off before trying to get in!
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

pauln50 wrote:I spoke to TK on the phone about this two seasons ago, before we cancelled our memberships, in fact he called me, and he said that as long as the membership was a full adult anyone could use it. He only wanted to stop adults using concessions. This arose when a pensioner friend used my son's adult membership and was challenged
TK also said the same to me last season.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
jerroll

OB1 wrote:
pauln50 wrote:I spoke to TK on the phone about this two seasons ago, before we cancelled our memberships, in fact he called me, and he said that as long as the membership was a full adult anyone could use it. He only wanted to stop adults using concessions. This arose when a pensioner friend used my son's adult membership and was challenged
TK also said the same to me last season.
Pretending to be a pensioner were you Derek?
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

I’ve had problems using my card at the turnstiles for the last two matches. On Tuesday I was getting a message that the card wasn’t valid. One of the stewards tried it and after a couple of tries it worked.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
DerekRocholl

hendon4bee wrote:Just to confirm.

I was at the meeting where the chairman specifically said that adult tickets are transferable. Children's tickets are not.

I thought it odd. Personally I think neither should be. However he said that he had no qualms with adult tickets being transferred. With children's tickets he wanted to be able to capture them on the database as potential future supporters.

Very odd. Probably a misunderstanding.
Fascinated to know why don't you think membership tickets should be transferrable John ?

The way I see it if you pay the price to have a seat and then can't make it you should be allowed to pass or sell it on. It isn't as if we are likely to get loads of touts buying memberships to flog seats off at about the advertised price on a match match basis, I'm also sure TK would fancy offering a clearing house, buy back or refund system.