Refused Entry

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
RichardM

Re: Refused Entry

Edd1 wrote:Having read this thread I would make two points.

First on the incident itself I suspect this isn't a change in policy by the club, it is simply a steward that doesn't know what he's doing. Frustrating for the OP who deserves an apology. Ultimately though it is simply a cock up rather than anything sinister.

Secondly.... a number of people have made points about TK getting personally involved with their individual issues While this is to his credit as a human being it does say something about his management of the club. He is too hands on. He tries to micro manage everything too much personally. It was all very well back in 1993 when he arrived when the club set up was effectively him, Gary Philips and whatever motly band of players we had at that time. Now though the Barnet FC group has expanded significantly with a lot more people, a lot more operations and a lot more assets. He has got to let go and allow other people to manage different aspects of the club. I suspect it is this micro management tendency of his that leads to cock ups like someone being refused entry because when you try to do everything yourself you lose track of the details.
A good idea but I can't see it happening.
DanFinchleyBee

Result! I have received the following email from the club:

Thank you for your e-mail and may we begin by apologising for the inconvenience and miscommunication faced by you and your friend.

Please may we clarify that BFC Memberships are transferable as long as they are adult Memberships and not children or concession Memberships; with the distinction being necessary due to an unfortunate spate of adults using concession Memberships to avoid paying the correct price. We are sorry to hear that the correct policy was not applied to you and your friend on Tuesday night and we have spoken with the individuals involved, as well as re-briefing all ticketing staff and stewards to prevent a recurrence of such.

May we apologise again for the error and our Membership Department should be in touch shortly to return your Membership and organise a refund of your friend's ticket. We would also like to offer you two complimentary tickets for the next Home match by way of a goodwill gesture.

In the meantime, please be assured that all comments are considered serious and copied to our Chairman.

Kind regards -

The Hive London
John_c

ta da!
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
CrawleyBee

DanFinchleyBee wrote:Result! I have received the following email from the club:

Thank you for your e-mail and may we begin by apologising for the inconvenience and miscommunication faced by you and your friend.

Please may we clarify that BFC Memberships are transferable as long as they are adult Memberships and not children or concession Memberships; with the distinction being necessary due to an unfortunate spate of adults using concession Memberships to avoid paying the correct price. We are sorry to hear that the correct policy was not applied to you and your friend on Tuesday night and we have spoken with the individuals involved, as well as re-briefing all ticketing staff and stewards to prevent a recurrence of such.

May we apologise again for the error and our Membership Department should be in touch shortly to return your Membership and organise a refund of your friend's ticket. We would also like to offer you two complimentary tickets for the next Home match by way of a goodwill gesture.

In the meantime, please be assured that all comments are considered serious and copied to our Chairman.

Kind regards -

The Hive London
Careful.... people might think we actually know what good customer service is! Credit BFC.
Formerly Watfordbee
PBBee

Good response BFC.
Devon_Bee

Spot on, you can't fault that response at all.
Edd1

Very good response.

I do note though the bit about comments copied to the chairman. I think that underlies my point about him being too hands on. There should be a manager dealing with it, the chairman shouldn't, for the most part be involved.
Devon_Bee

I've got no problem with him being copied-in on emails, as long as other people are doing the work in the first place.
shankbee01

Devon_Bee wrote:I've got no problem with him being copied-in on emails, as long as other people are doing the work in the first place.
Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk