Positives to take into this weekend

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

Positives to take into this weekend

1. We have 36 points left to play for this season
2. Five out of the six teams immediately above us in the table are arguably on an even worse run of form than we are
3. We have to play all 6 of the teams above us in the run in
4. When Rossi was in charge and in parts since Westley has taken over the team has shown that it can play decent football if and when most of the squad is fit and available
5. Having Curtis Weston back in midfield, and Tutonda in defence is a huge improvement on what we have had in these areas for most of the rest of the season
6. We are only 6 points away from safety

I don't seen any reason to give up on our hopes of scraping clear of relegation this season, and if we can actually close the gap over the next 3 games I would be optimistic about our chances. I just hope Westley can start picking the best 11 players to start matches and stop making poor badly timed substitutions.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 22 Feb 2018, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tuesds

Re: Positives to take into this weekend

Hear hear. I don't think survival will happen, but for the reasons you give, I think it can happen. And I'd even settle for 8 or 9 of those I reckon are the best 11 players being picked!
WinchyBee

Carlisle game was more gutting because of the nature of the defeat, nothing else.
Got to take every game as a cup final from now and not look back at the last game.
CrawleyBee

Wish I could have that spirit. Nothing to lose I guess, win Saturday and some hope will arise again.
Formerly Watfordbee
Norfolk & Chance

Crewe letting in 2 late goals midweek might be huge for us. Their confidence must be shot. We're defo not cut adrift. Another last game of season decider maybe?!
mcleod23

If you were offered we were still in it on the last day of the season, you would 100% take it.

Worries me we cannot score more than one goal in a game. Akinde couldn't hit a cows arse at present, who else will?
jerroll

mcleod23 wrote:If you were offered we were still in it on the last day of the season, you would 100% take it.

Worries me we cannot score more than one goal in a game. Akinde couldn't hit a cows arse at present, who else will?
Nicholls looks a goal threat when played in his proper position up front - no idea why he was moved back to the wide areas on Tuesday and lightweight Nicholson played off John instead. We need to keep feeding Akinde early with balls over the top rather than take too much time on the ball.
ninestein

Another positive... Mauro has once again proved his worth to another new manager and showed why he has to start (and finish) games. This fella is Barnet through and through. Brings energy and urgency wherever he plays.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

The squad has to stay positive, as does anyone who is attending games (at least outwardly anyway). While I think our chances of staying up are minimal, the squad can't afford to think that.
John_c

Hiveoccupier wrote:1. We have 36 points left to play for this season
2. Five out of the six teams immediately above us in the table are arguably on an even worse run of form than we are
3. We have to play all 6 of the teams above us in the run in
4. When Rossi was in charge and in parts since Westley has taken over the team has shown that it can play decent football if and when most of the squad is fit and available
5. Having Curtis Weston back in midfield, and Tutonda in defence is a huge improvement on what we have had in these areas for most of the rest of the season
6. We are only 6 points away from safety

I don't seen any reason to give up on our hopes of scraping clear of relegation this season, and if we can actually close the gap over the next 3 games I would be optimistic about our chances. I just hope Westley can start picking the best 11 players to start matches and stop making poor badly timed substitutions.
7. It might snow
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ninestein

Shame it's not like cricket where we can get a draw if the weather disrupts the game
becbee

It surely will be virtually impossible to feel worse about the Colchester result than we did after Carlisle.
It'll be one less match before the close season.
ninestein

becbee wrote:It surely will be virtually impossible to feel worse about the Colchester result than we did after Carlisle.
You'd like to think....
Milkfloat

Its not over yet, granted, but we'll need to start scoring again at some stage. One goal a game will not do.