Brindley a microcosm of the club / season

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Brindley a microcosm of the club / season

So we've got 3 left backs, 1 right back, injured.

Some of the best club medical facilities, and yet....
Last edited by MCB on 15 Mar 2018, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
#Beebot

Re: Brindley a microcosm of the club / season

Utterly embarrassing. We can afford two DOFs, a "Head of Player Development" and countless other staff at THL, but we can't afford to treat our players when injured.

I'm increasingly of the view that this club's only way forward is if it is sold.
John_c

#Beebot wrote:Utterly embarrassing. We can afford two DOFs, a "Head of Player Development" and countless other staff at THL, but we can't afford to treat our players when injured.

I'm increasingly of the view that this club's only way forward is if it is sold.
Another pissed off player. Triffic.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Bee_Forever

Its well known that the club charge players for EVERYTHING to try and increase turnover.

As long as the wages that the persistemtly average/injured Brindley receives compensate him adequately for this then no problem in my view.

Lets face it we are not the 10th highest budget based on attendance...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Norfolkbee

Surely if an employee is injured on company business any decent employer has "duty of care" to look after them. Isn't medical insurance included in salaries of professional sports players?
Norfolk & Chance

Bee_Forever wrote:Its well known that the club charge players for EVERYTHING to try and increase turnover.

As long as the wages that the persistemtly average/injured Brindley receives compensate him adequately for this then no problem in my view.

Do we know that Brindley bought the equipment to aid his recovery from the club?

If not, why have you assumed the purchase contributed to company turnover?

Maybe he is persistently injured because the club aren't providing the necessary treatment?

No we're not 10th highest budget based on attendances alone. I believe Iranian New year celebrations (that filled the car park during a match day) contributes heavily.
Bee_Forever

If the treatment is not via the club then agree. Shambolic.
DerekRocholl

Bee_Forever wrote:Its well known that the club charge players for EVERYTHING to try and increase turnover.

A bad point made badly but TK would be proud of you.
rudebwoyben

Seems like a penny-wise pound-foolish approach by the club to me.
becbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:

Why is it a bad point? Why is it made badly? It sounds reasonable to me.
Get paid more in the first place means those players who don't get injured earn more and those who do get injured are no worse off overall.

Presumably it is in the players contracts so Brindley had been made aware before he signed.
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

Get paid more in the first place means those players who don't get injured earn more and those who do get injured are no worse off overall.

Presumably it is in the players contracts so Brindley had been made aware before he signed.
Do you think the club is paying every player a premium on their wages so that if they are injured, no matter what the injury is the premium would be sufficient to cover the treatment ?

If that is what you are saying you are making a bad point, if that isn't what you are saying you are making an incoherent and bad point.
MCB

Sorry for those without twitter, but I forgot when you post from a mobile it doesn't show the tweet. Here's No 2 & 3
Basically the issue here is that he wants to get fit and ready as quickly possible, and is doing everything he can to get out on the pitch. The implication is that the club isn't, which at face value is awful considering our facilities and our desperate need to get him out on the pitch asap.

The only thing I could hope would be a possibility is that the club do not approve of the treatment he is getting, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Either way, I suspect he's currently in someone's office getting told off for airing his woes in public, and the tweets will be deleted later...
ealingbee84

becbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

We don't know whether what is in his contract and what is not. Often what is not in your contract hurts more than what is there. In the past I have asked for contracts to include things so that they cannot go back on word, some trusted in word and have been done over.

There are two big questions, a) making this point publicly and how Barnet will deal with the matter, no doubt him being punnished. I myself have never bad mouthed my company on social media. b) If this is how all players are treated and the amount of injuries the team has had this season then things like this could easily affect team spirit. Why would Barnet cut such small corners with the only outcome being negative. We have all been in a work place where we have either experienced the boss being a bell end or seen them act like one and caused workers to lose interest. I work with many people who do physical labour and if injured on the job they get looked after.
John_c

becbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

Derek is taking the opportunity to have a pop at someone who dared not to agree with his views on the way a supporters trust should be run. Bless.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Norfolkbee

Which brings me back to my question of medical insurance. Like it or not, the players are classed as assets of a club, so isn't it prudent to take out adequate insurance on them? It is pretty much like a company taking out a service agreement on a vital piece of machinery.