Tony Speaks

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Tony Speaks

Good that he has released statement about what is going on.
I know he gets a lot of bad press but I do feel he generally loves the club and like he more or less says on the following his heart does rule his head at times.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/marc ... -the-fans/
aclassman

Re: Tony Speaks

Agreed TK does love the club but sometimes the love of some thing can blind that persons judgement.
Nice of TK to come out and put his hands up and admit it has been his mistakes and misjudgements that have put the club in this terrible position with only 8 games left.
I think TK has a long way to go to win back the support of many fans as he has dismissed and ignored what many fans were trying to tell him.
At the end of the day chairman, managers and players come and go but it's the fans that truly love the club and will be there for ever.
Norfolk & Chance

Well said.
CrawleyBee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Well said.

Was speaking to someone on Saturday, how does TK compare to other clubs in how long he has been chairman?
Formerly Watfordbee
Monsieur Abeille

Just waking up down under to the news. Very impressed by TKs statement, honest as always despite what others will say. And a very good decision to finally bring back Allen - he's done it before folks, and I've a glimmer of optimism for the first time for a while.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Norfolk & Chance

watfordbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:Well said.

Was speaking to someone on Saturday, how does TK compare to other clubs in how long he has been chairman?
Ben Robinson at Burton would probably be the best example of a similar sized club.

Not easy to compare in bulk.
I suppose the two extremes are easy to find with the bulk of chairmen sitting somewhere in the middle.
pgbee

Any businessman should know not to let sentiment govern decisions. Not easy to do , but the best decisions are made objectively.
bee33

John10 wrote:LOL what an absolute load of nonsense.

I wouldn't trust TK to run a bath let alone a football club. Guys like Mcghee and Thorne must thinking they have hit the jackpot when they encounter TK. Mcghee, one of the biggest horrible idiots in football. Thorne was a bad youth coach, the guy in charge of arranging mini-buses for the Arsenal academy, then decided to go off back to what he knows and become a recruitment consultant, and then suddenly he's in a senior role at a football club doing god knows what, whilst TK has to call the only people he knows Fairlclough and Fry to ask about a manager, and employed Mcghee "after he rang round a few agents" and Mcghee was recommended to him.

TK couldn't stand on the side of a training pitch and tell you who's a good coach and who's a poor coach. He's got no idea. He's easily impressionable, he's gullible and he's clueless. Can't believe the Allen appointment was so well received. Like a beaten wife who keeps running back to their husband. What, is Allen long term or just for a few months until he moves on? Allen leaves no infrastructure behind, doesn't give a toss about the kids, plays his mates recommended by agents. TK you employed Westley, leave him in the job. Don't employ him in the first place.

Listen to this nonsense. TK says he asked "Jamal" what was going wrong and Jamal said injuries and TK thought that was an indication of things were worse than he thought. What did he want "Jamal" to say? Maybe Jamal didn't want to say the truth to the chairman who shouldn't really be asking a player what's going wrong. "Well Mr chairman, the coach's tactics were awful, the recruitment was awful etc etc," then the coach finds out Jamal's been slagging him off to the chairman. So naive. What a question. Typical TK, give Rossi the job, things are going a bit rocky, so he "tries to help him out by bringing in Mcghee". Rossi probably thought "fcuk that, working with him standing over me, he's probably here to take my job".

TK. You don't know what your doing mate. You've created this mess, from Stimson to Robson to Davids to Allen to Rossi to Westley to Allen....the whole things a bloody mess due to your incompetence.

Thats a bit harsh isn't it?? Remember we're a league 2 team that is still trying to build. Have a look at The Hive compared to other league 1 and 2 clubs??

TK has tried and it's obvious he doesn't know too much about footy but he's a good business man who keeps us out of debt.

What do you want him to do ?? Ask Arsenal if we can pinch Wenger for £20m deal ??? THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN !!!

You can't blame him for trying with the likes of Stimson or Rossi because he gave them a chance in the best interest that it would work.

The same as Bournemouth have with Eddie Howe and Reading with Brian Mcdermot. Who knew they would get to the Prem and become millionaire managers???
You see sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's just unfortunate we're not moving as quick as Burton or Bournemouth have.

Thankfully MA is back and all we can do is hope we stay up and see what happens next season.

To think TK has to take the blame is just crazy, please have a look at other clubs that have got in to financial ruin and killed the history of their clubs. You can't blame TK for trying :y:
Norfolkbee

TK has taken a major step by admitting he's made mistakes. Now he's got to take even bigger steps to put Barnet back on the right track. This means he has to start listening to knowledgeable people. He's got to get his eye back on the football and concentrate on Barnet FC rather than his chicken shop. Without a reasonable football club, everything else about The Hive becomes a mere sideshow.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 20 Mar 2018, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
WinchyBee

Well said TK, gets so much unnecessary stick.
foxy

Lets hope he actually means it this time!
aclassman

TK is a without doubt a good businessman and has done very well with turning the hive into a good ground with great facilities

BUT

TK is clueless about anything to do with football and well out of his depth with running a football club and is without doubt very nieve about what fans expect and is being fed so much crap information by agents on who to employ and what players he should buy.
John_c

aclassman wrote:TK is a without doubt a good businessman and has done very well with turning the hive into a good ground with great facilities

BUT

TK is clueless about anything to do with football and well out of his depth with running a football club and is without doubt very nieve about what fans expect and is being fed so much crap information by agents on who to employ and what players he should buy.
That's a bit of a sweeping statement. The fact that the club is solvent these days Kind shows he may know how to run a football club.

Agreed on the managerial and playing side he has his weaknesses. Let us not forget he's the man who brought MA in the first place plus Edgar Davids.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
aclassman

No
The fact the club is solvent is because as I said and still stand by the fact TK is a good businessman. But that don't mean TK knows how to run a football club just means he is good at balancing books and keeping a tight ship.
I belive TK can make any business a success with his business knowledge but his knowledge of football and winning over fans and making the right appointments is certainly very weak
ricardobee

"Agreed on the managerial and playing side he has his weaknesses."

38 changes of manager/coach (whatever you like to call them) in 22 seasons. Players I lost count?
He's managed to piss off two councils.
But let's look on the plus side, lovely chicken, the supporters can keep fit, you can have a mri if you collapse, the club is solvent and he's made loads of money!
And let's not forget we're bottom of the league, yet again. He surely knows how to run a football club.