Allen or Westley?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
gowerfan

Allen or Westley?

Allen's record so far is one win and 2 defeats including one heavy defeat.

Query would Westley have done any better?

I suggest maybe Westley would not have lost at Stevenage. So on balance I think we might be one point better off.

I don't think the other 2 results would have been any different.
foxy

Re: Allen or Westley?

neither!
MCB

Where would be if Rossi was still manager?

Life's full of imponderables, but we all have our suspicions.
hoofer2

Whoever TK appointed after McGhee should have had until the end of the season come what may.

Unless Westley asked to be relieved as he thought he would wind up at Stevenage? The timing seemed too much of a coincidence
Last edited by hoofer2 on 03 Apr 2018, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
LoudmouthBFC

Can't believe people even think Agent Westley would of done a job in keeping us up.
kingpinfid

I doubt we'd have beaten Crewe with Westley in charge. Faced with a 1-1 score line with 15 minutes left, Westley probably would have made negative substitutions in an attempt to shut up shop (as he so often did in home games).

Allen gambled and brought on extra forwards, which ultimately won us the match.
X-Bumble

As soon as I saw GW say he was scared of going to Luton, I thought that it was time to try one last thing.

You can't have a manager saying that.
Johno81

X-Bumble wrote:As soon as I saw GW say he was scared of going to Luton, I thought that it was time to try one last thing.

You can't have a manager saying that.
Totally agree, in his post match interview after the wycombe game he basically held up the white flag and surrended knowing he couldnt do much more, he was asking to be sacked after that comment. If you have a manger who has lost all hope then whats the point of cotinuing with westley. we might aswell have ANOTHER roll of the dice, shame its a little to late IMO
Granite

I think Westley was starting to sort things out. His comments prior to the Luton trip were an honest reflection about a side who had just capitulated much as they did against Stevenage under MA. Westley would have been the right guy to manage us through the lower division next year and get us back up. Where are we now? Relegation a 90% certainty and we will end the season with no manager and a team in need of drastic reorganisation. Does any one want or see MA sticking around for the next few years. TK should have given Westley a 3 year contract so we had some security and stability at the club which we haven't had for years we have and paid the price. TK panicked too late and we now know MA isn't the Messiah!
bigjohnakinde

[quote="MCB"]Where would be if Rossi was still manager?

Probably relegated a long long time ago. A manager completely out of his depth and one of the main reasons we are where we are now.
DerekRocholl

Westley was "steaming along" at a rate of 2 wins (10 points) per 11 games.

On average and in practice he was as hopeless as we should all have expected when he started.

11 games completely wasted in our attempts at survival inclusive of a completely wasted transfer window.

Allen has been asked to perform miracles - I'm not his biggest fan by any means but unlike the last 2 managers he shouldn't get any flack for trying to dig us out of this mire during his short term contract with the club.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 03 Apr 2018, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
ccollis_869

We will beat FGR on Saturday and will all be pained with false hope and excitement again. This is Barnet we never wrap things up too early, promotions or relegations
barnetpete

ccollis_869 wrote:We will beat FGR on Saturday and will all be pained with false hope and excitement again. This is Barnet we never wrap things up too early, promotions or relegations
This.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Jon83

ccollis_869 wrote:We will beat FGR on Saturday and will all be pained with false hope and excitement again. This is Barnet we never wrap things up too early, promotions or relegations
It has been like that since the Accrington / Carlisle games. When there's hope, we seem to not perform and we all lose it. When there isn't hope, we go and win! Someone alluded to it on another thread but perhaps there's a big mental weakness in the squad/club.

I can see this weekend being repeated in our next 2 games. A win against FGR and then a straight forward defeat at Grimsby!

Allen.
NoMagRyan

Granite wrote:I think Westley was starting to sort things out. His comments prior to the Luton trip were an honest reflection about a side who had just capitulated much as they did against Stevenage under MA. Westley would have been the right guy to manage us through the lower division next year and get us back up. Where are we now? Relegation a 90% certainty and we will end the season with no manager and a team in need of drastic reorganisation.
Relegation was 90% a certainty when Westley was in charge. Even ignoring that infamous post-match interview about the Luton game, his subs against Carlisle, Port Vale and Wycombe were completely clueless.