Forest Green v Grimsby... last day

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

Re: Forest Green v Grimsby... last day

ninestein wrote:I remember the empty feeling of coming out of a windy two-sided Bloomfield Road at Blackpool the week prior, knowing that we'd slumped to the bottom spot. Suddenly all the permutations start going through your head as to what could happen. We stopped off at the amusements after the game on the SA coach, but no-one was really that bothered by the rides. When Halifax clawed out of the equation, we were left with Torquay at home. The less said about that day the better...
Remember that day, terrific support from us I seem to remember. Great atmosphere that day in an old looking stadium.
Formerly Watfordbee
Spanker Ridley

West Germany v Austria World Cup 1982

The Disgrace of Gijón is the name given to a 1982 FIFA World Cup football match played between West Germany and Austria at the El Molinón stadium, Gijón, Spain, on 25 June 1982. The match was the last game of the first-round Group 2, with Algeria and Chile having played the day before. With the outcome of that match already decided, a win by one or two goals for West Germany would result in both them and Austria qualifying at the expense of Algeria, who had beaten West Germany in the first game. West Germany took the lead after 10 minutes, thereafter the remaining 80 minutes was characterized by few serious attempts by either side to score. Both sides were accused of match-fixing although FIFA ruled that neither team broke any rules.
dawat

Spanker Ridley wrote:West Germany v Austria World Cup 1982

The Disgrace of Gijón is the name given to a 1982 FIFA World Cup football match played between West Germany and Austria at the El Molinón stadium, Gijón, Spain, on 25 June 1982. The match was the last game of the first-round Group 2, with Algeria and Chile having played the day before. With the outcome of that match already decided, a win by one or two goals for West Germany would result in both them and Austria qualifying at the expense of Algeria, who had beaten West Germany in the first game. West Germany took the lead after 10 minutes, thereafter the remaining 80 minutes was characterized by few serious attempts by either side to score. Both sides were accused of match-fixing although FIFA ruled that neither team broke any rules.
Remember the game well. An absolute disgrace of a match. Surprised that both teams didn't stop for a coffee and chat on deck chairs during the game.
55moth

dawat wrote:
Spanker Ridley wrote:West Germany v Austria World Cup 1982

Remember the game well. An absolute disgrace of a match. Surprised that both teams didn't stop for a coffee and chat on deck chairs during the game.
I have to lob in 77/78 when Tottenham were in div.2 (championship today).last game was Southampton at the Dell . a draw guaranteed both sides were promoted. I was packed into the micky mouse away end where you were lucky to see half the pitch.90 mins of both sides playing for a 0-0 draw,not one shot on target,both teams up and me and my mates back in the pub before the final whistle!

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk