Exiting via South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Northampton Bee

Exiting via South Stand

In the grand scheme of current things its not a big issue, but just one that niggles me every week.

After the game finishes, occasionally staying longer to applaud a great performance all us west standers have to leave via the main car park. Yes there is a very narrow area by the fence, behind some barriers to keep you away from the cars, but in the main people are walking with their backs to traffic towards the Camrose Ave, the East Stand Bar, or Cannons Park gate.

My question is a simple one..... why do they stop people walking along the south stand, away from the traffic, this must be a whole lot safer.

The stewards just stand there, gate closed, telling us to exit via the steps and car park.

Is there a logical ( or maybe league rules ) reason as to why this cant be done??
CrawleyBee

Re: Exiting via South Stand

I’ve never had an issue exiting via the exit near east stand.
Formerly Watfordbee
ninestein

It doesn't help that some people park their vehicles too close to that barrier and overhang into the narrow path.

I can understand keeping the gate closed when there is a large number of fans exiting the terrace. But once that's cleared, why not? If and when the new stand gets built, it will probably lead to a total re-think anyway.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

ninestein wrote:It doesn't help that some people park their vehicles too close to that barrier and overhang into the narrow path.

I can understand keeping the gate closed when there is a large number of fans exiting the terrace. But once that's cleared, why not? If and when the new stand gets built, it will probably lead to a total re-think anyway.
Put in a proper permanent barrier - like the barriers on the old East Terrace - having red and white tape is not enough - a proper permanent barrier should have been installed
MCB

I've said it before - someone will eventually get hit.

The back of the South Stand though is full of loose goals / nets / catering equipment, not sure how safe that is, but better than facing loads of restless drivers with a couple of hundred people milling between cars desperate to get out.
hoofer2

MCB wrote:I've said it before - someone will eventually get hit.

The back of the South Stand though is full of loose goals / nets / catering equipment, not sure how safe that is, but better than facing loads of restless drivers with a couple of hundred people milling between cars desperate to get out.
No-one uses the walkway even though it's there anyway. The number of home lemons who literally walk around the car park without looking is ridiculous. You wouldn't walk in from of a car in a multi story just in case it may stop so why do it in the car park at The Hive.
John_c

hoofer2 wrote:

No-one uses the walkway even though it's there anyway. The number of home lemons who literally walk around the car park without looking is ridiculous. You wouldn't walk in from of a car in a multi story just in case it may stop so why do it in the car park at The Hive.
To be fair, I don't think this is behaviour restricted to The Hive. It happens everywhere.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
StephenM

hoofer2 wrote:

I used it when I had my 6 yr old daughter with me but you are correct in that it is basically left empty.