Tarps is back!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees99

Tarps is back!

According to Tarpey himself he’s been given the all clear to resume FULL training.

Great news if he could possibly make the bench this Saturday!! Goals have been scarce this season and if he can find some goalscoring form then, well...

I know it’s highly unlikely he’ll be very effective considering the seriousness and length of his injury, but... he couldn’t, could he? Score some goals to keep us up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01

Re: Tarps is back!

It would be an absolute fairytale but I think it’s a couple of months too late. It will take a months worth of training to get anywhere close. I really hope I’m wrong of course. The worst thing that could happen would be us trying to get him back to be a hero and inadvertently destroying him for ever more. He’s had a bad injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon83

As with many a thing this season, it's too late.

Hope he is fit and firing next season.
ninestein

Knowing MA, he'll have him out with the team in the warm up to give everyone a lift.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
#Beebot

He's a guaranteed starter when fit. He cannot be rushed back - he's vital for us whatever division we're in next year.
NoMagRyan

It's great news but I hope we don't try and rush him back. Whatever division we're in next year, we need him as fit as can be.
MCB

I like the last day scenarios though.

Martin Allen (who doesn't have a contract) has left to join Chesterfield who have offered him a massive bonus and 2 year + 1 match contract for the last day winner takes all match at The Hive.

Barnet FC bring in Rossi Eames for the final match - a man who knows the players and the players know him. It's redemption time.

A sold out Hive (Spurs & Arsenal & Neutrals left queuing around the block as Barnet fans had learnt to get their tickets in advance - but they fill the away end leaving hardly any Chesterfield fans) taking advantage of TK's £10 access all areas ticket sees Chesterfield legend Jack Lester (restored to playing capacity by Martin Allen) open the scoring within a minute. They hold on until the 89th minute where Tarpey (an 80th minute sub) cracks one into the corner to give a glimmer of hope.

Then in the 90+4th minute we get a corner. Jamie Stephens, making his first start since September is up, and the ref blows for a penalty - Lester had pulled back Stephens who was trying to reach Vilhete's corner!

Akinde grabs the ball, put's it on the spot...

...continued on page 89
ninestein

... and hits my car parked behind the South Stand.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ccollis_869

ninestein wrote:... and hits my car parked behind the South Stand.
but someone has kicked it back into the ground and the ref shouts "play on"
beew

ccollis_869 wrote:
A flare is lit from the south stand filling the penalty area with smoke. As the smoke clears we all stand in amazement as George Sykes is seen celebrating by the corner flag after a Ronaldo style bicycle kick into the top corner of the net. The ref has given it even though the Chesterfield players are complaining that Sykes started a game at Dulwich Hamlet that day and wasn't even a named sub. The games over and we have survived to fight another day.....TK then announces that it's a free bar in Peking Order, and then at this point, reality dawn's that this is just a dream.
gowerfan

So what about Elliott Johnson? He has a similar injury.
jerroll

gowerfan wrote:So what about Elliott Johnson? He has a similar injury.
Ask the club !!
DerekRocholl

beew wrote:
ccollis_869 wrote:
A flare is lit from the south stand filling the penalty area with smoke. As the smoke clears we all stand in amazement as George Sykes is seen celebrating by the corner flag after a Ronaldo style bicycle kick into the top corner of the net. The ref has given it even though the Chesterfield players are complaining that Sykes started a game at Dulwich Hamlet that day and wasn't even a named sub. The games over and we have survived to fight another day.....TK then announces that it's a free bar in Peking Order, and then at this point, reality dawn's that this is just a dream.

Which turns into a nightmare when Masuka turns up to honour a commitment.
becbee

gowerfan wrote:So what about Elliott Johnson? He has a similar injury.
Page 89 of MCB's fantasy sees Elliott Johnson coming on in 89th minute and scoring an injury time hat trick.
foxy

and Foxy will never moan again!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

:ohlord: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :D :D :D :D :D