Grimsby penalty

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetjohn

Grimsby penalty

Here's the footage of their penalty. Defender is three metres away when the guy goes down. Doesn't look like any contact at all. And if there was, it was outside the box.

https://twitter.com/TvSwindonFan/status ... 00067?s=08

If it was a dive, can the Efl take retrospective action based on video evidence like they can in the Premier league?
BFCFabs

Re: Grimsby penalty

Terrible dive but even if the EFL can and do take retrospective action it will surely be against the diving player only
barnetpete

The reaction of the players would suggest that there was contact. The protests were half baked.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
amberforever

He would make a good contestant on the Splash.
This will no doubt go down as being a "great win" and hitting "tremendous form" aahhhhhem :....:
jamiefrbees

There is often contact which takes a moment or two to cause the player to fall

Also, the way the Swindon defender hurries to change the focus by appealing for a goal kick is indicative of his guilt.

Given that we're in this division due to penalties won I don't think we should be making too big a fuss, focusing instead on our own inadequacies and why we're in this position
Berlinbee

It wasn't a dive but he tripped on his own feet. The defender was metres away. Shocking decision.
ETBee

The EFL took retrospective action against Sweeney so we ought to lodge an official complaint against the penalty. Probably wouldn't change the result. I guarantee they will have at least one more penalties in their remaining two games, they've worked out how to "win" them.
Justice

Swings and roundabouts really.

Our 2nd penalty against Crewe was a lucky one, in so far as both the referee's assessor on the day and our own players said that the Crewe player had got the ball and a penalty should not have been given. These things even themselves out, we should only be worried about our own results and let everything else sort itself out
Last edited by Justice on 22 Apr 2018, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

ETBee wrote:The EFL took retrospective action against Sweeney so we ought to lodge an official complaint against the penalty. Probably wouldn't change the result. I guarantee they will have at least one more penalties in their remaining two games, they've worked out how to "win" them.
nothing to do with the EFL, the FA is in charge of all disciplinary action.
becbee

Yes, it's maddening. But over the course of the season, none of us know what decisions maybe went against Grimsby?

Also Grimsby did have a long winless run which enabled us to almost catch up with them in the first place. If we do go down it'll be our fault, not another club's dubious penalty.
#Beebot

Justice wrote:Swings and roundabouts really.

Our 2nd penalty against Crewe was a lucky one, in so far as both the referee's assessor on the day and our own players said that the Crewe player had got the ball and a penalty should not have been given. These things even themselves out, we should only be worried about our own results and let everything else sort itself out
Source for this? Looked stonewall to me. Winning the ball doesn't mean it's not a foul.
Justice

I like to read oppositions local media and message boards after our games to see what they make of us and I can remember it standing out as I wasn't sure what to make of it in real time. Looked like he'd got the ball but also gone through the man

I'll go dig it out
Edd1

From the angle of the camera it's impossible to tell if there was contact. However if there was it was well outside the box. If you go through frame by frame the last possible point of contact was about 3 yards outside the box.

Awful decision.
#Beebot

Very odd as it looked like a sloppy tackle. He did get the ball but only after going through the man. Odd that the assessor saw differently (if he really did say what Artell said he did).

Either way it doesn't come close to the Grimsby penalty if we're talking injustices.