Team next season

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Team next season

ETBee wrote:New players will be dead beats from Gillingham and Muggles!
better than what medal winner could muster in January!!
PaulGoldie

BeeBoi1980 wrote:So what are we left with?

GK:
RB: Brindley, H Taylor
CB: Santos, Nelson
LB: Johnson, Tutonda
LW: Vilhete
CM: Weston, J Taylor, Sweeney, Fonguck
RW: Kyei
AM: Akinola, Shomotun, Nicholls
FW: Coulthirst, Tarpey, Akpa-Akpro
We’ve still got Akinde too. He’s not sold until the right offer comes along!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mem Beespod

Guiseleybee wrote:IF Tarpey is looking like he will be fit for the start of next season I wouldn't be too unhappy to lose Shaq. Might be unrealistic to have both presuming we need to make cost savings.

Not sure if Akinde will stay, clearly Martin knows how to get the best out of him. If he goes, we'd need a big striker with a physical presence.

Not sure that Clough will ever convince alongside Santos so if the latter stays I'd say we need a centre half. (I prefer Sweeney in midfield).

A lot of the youngsters need to move on as well as Watson. No surprise Bover has gone. I'd also get rid of JLAA and bring in a proper winger.

But overall, as Martin alluded to in his last interview, we do already have what looks like a strong squad for next season.
I’n Excited about seeing Tarpey and Shaq together. They were unplayable at Swindon away. A real partnership in the making
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
pgbee

Mr Smart wrote:
Guiseleybee wrote:IF Tarpey is looking like he will be fit for the start of next season I wouldn't be too unhappy to lose Shaq. Might be unrealistic to have both presuming we need to make cost savings.

Not sure if Akinde will stay, clearly Martin knows how to get the best out of him. If he goes, we'd need a big striker with a physical presence.

Not sure that Clough will ever convince alongside Santos so if the latter stays I'd say we need a centre half. (I prefer Sweeney in midfield).

A lot of the youngsters need to move on as well as Watson. No surprise Bover has gone. I'd also get rid of JLAA and bring in a proper winger.

But overall, as Martin alluded to in his last interview, we do already have what looks like a strong squad for next season.
I’n Excited about seeing Tarpey and Shaq together. They were unplayable at Swindon away. A real partnership in the making
No guarantees Tarpey will be the player he was and on paper we, the fans, thought we had a strong squad for the season just gone....

Also don't we still need a DM? Having moaned about not having one all season everyone seems to have forgotten that, if Sweeney fits the bill he needs cover as prone to stupid fouls and indiscipline..
To bee or not to bee

I will be very surprised if Brindley, Coulthirst, Nicholls and Sweeney are all still playing for Barnet in August. I think it is likely that at least 2 and possibly all 4 will have gone to other League 2 clubs.
barnetjohn

A defensive midfielder is definitely a priority. Sweeny has been great, and I imagine he will be a key player next year, but we need another defensive midfielder who can cover for any injuries/suspensions, or if Sweeney slots back to centre back, or if we want to play with two defensive midfielders in the middle of the park to keep things tight.

For my money we also need a big striker. We've got some good strikers in our existing squad, but knowing MA he'll want to have a bit of a unit who can play up front to give us physicality.

I think we probably need a winger and/or creative midfielder as well.
Tuesds

jerroll wrote:
ninestein wrote:Other clubs starting to let players go. Some names being let go by L2 clubs, which may be worth looking at even now we will be a league lower...

Chris Whelpdale (Stevenage) Midfielder aged 32 with a long throw... hmm...
Fraser Franks (Stevenage) Defender aged 27
Jamal Campbell-Ryce (surely we wouldn't... would we?)
Leon Legge (Cambridge Utd) Defender aged 32, 6 foot 4
Legge played for MA @ Gills so a possible if budget permits.
Allen also said that we had enquired about signing Legge before he signed for Cambridge, but couldn’t compete with their offer.
#Beebot

To bee or not to bee wrote:I will be very surprised if Brindley, Coulthirst, Nicholls and Sweeney are all still playing for Barnet in August. I think it is likely that at least 2 and possibly all 4 will have gone to other League 2 clubs.
Disagree, I think we can afford not to sell. We'll need significant offers for all four I think.
PBBee

Positive start to the build up to the National League. Do we have enough goals in the team for next season? All depends how Tarpey does I suppose but before the conference last time I was very confident in Charlie Mac & Akinde to get goals, of course Lee Cook also popped up with loads of goals.

I’ve seen some terrible rumours about Mauro online as being 1 who is let go - madness as the legend would dominate the conference next year if fully fit IMO. He is 25 tomorrow so approaching his peak - we’ve developed him for so many years why let him go now?
NorthFinchleyBee

PBBee wrote:Positive start to the build up to the National League. Do we have enough goals in the team for next season? All depends how Tarpey does I suppose but before the conference last time I was very confident in Charlie Mac & Akinde to get goals, of course Lee Cook also popped up with loads of goals.

I’ve seen some terrible rumours about Mauro online as being 1 who is let go - madness as the legend would dominate the conference next year if fully fit IMO. He is 25 tomorrow so approaching his peak - we’ve developed him for so many years why let him go now?

I hope they are just rumours as Mauro is league 2 standard and would definitely help us get back up in a one go. Not a huge fan of Watson but would have kept him to do a job in the NL. The other issue is a keeper - I would have kept Ross.
kingpinfid

I'd be surprised if MA lets Mauro go (although he did try to release him in 2014 I believe).

Mauro can play in about 5 different positions, so ideal for a manager who likes to keep a small squad.
MCB

How long is Mauro out post operation? Hasn't been stated has it.

It could 12 months. But would therefore be silly to pay him off.
#Beebot

Mauro signed a new deal at the same time as JT and Kyei in early 2017. I think all of them are contracted until 2019 but not sure.
ninestein

Piero Mingoia released by Cambridge. Has been out for a bit with a groin problem, but a great wide player when fit. Would love to see him in a bees shirt.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
GenkiDev

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:
PBBee wrote:Positive start to the build up to the National League. Do we have enough goals in the team for next season? All depends how Tarpey does I suppose but before the conference last time I was very confident in Charlie Mac & Akinde to get goals, of course Lee Cook also popped up with loads of goals.

I hope they are just rumours as Mauro is league 2 standard and would definitely help us get back up in a one go. Not a huge fan of Watson but would have kept him to do a job in the NL. The other issue is a keeper - I would have kept Ross.
Agree with all of this.

Ross proved himself over our run in & his kicking assisted us several times.

Watson finally looked like he was starting to tick. That pass at morecambe for akka to knock into Alex's path...

Mauro is a special card player. An asset in so many positions. It'd be madness not to keep him. Unless wage demands are a thing.