2017/18 Retained List

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: 2017/18 Retained List

Barnetchris wrote:That’s 22 wage packets saved, although they won’t all be on big bucks, im sure it’s quite a lot of money. If we get 3 decent players in even on decent wages we have saved money. It may help recoup some of the 1 million we’ve lost by being relegated.
Also can focus alot more with just 20 to manage in training.
Norfolkbee

A small tightly knit group of decent players, an experienced manager and TK's mind fully focused on the footballing side of the club. The perfect ingredients for an all-out assault promotion.
jerroll

Craig Ross just tweeted

It’s been an honor to represent your club this season, I’m gutted for the way things turned out but I hope I have shown the passion and desire that you deserve to see! The support that has been shown to me personally is something that I will never forget! @BarnetFC #BeeArmy
MCB

Just a quick lesson for peeps (not picking on your Jerroll, but think people are unaware of the facility!)

On the Tweet you're quoting, click the arrow on the top right of the tweet and click 'Copy Link to Tweet'.

Press the Tweet Button on the post you're copying it into
[tweet][/tweet]
appears, then just right click in the space between the two boxes and 'paste', and then should appear like: Doesn't work on some mobiles for some reason (i.e. mine)
MCB

Ex-bee Andy Hessenthaler has released ex-bees Gavin Hoyte and Sam Togwell from Eastleigh. Ex-bee Ben Strevens has been retired from playing duties and will become full time back room staff.

And before anyone mentions it YES failure to replace Sam Togwell was a big problem but NO he is not the solution, he is 18 months older & slower than he was before, which was old and slow.

New dynamic midfielders a la Nicky Bailey please, but obviously not Nicky Bailey.
Tuesds

Tuesds wrote:
Martin Allen: "In our meeting this morning was Adrian Whitbread, Carl Muggleton, Danny Senda and Rossi Eames."
That group is one I can put my faith in. Masses of playing and coaching experience between them, and a real *Barnet* feel to it. If we can sign up Allen and his team, then we could carry into next season some real optimism and a sense of togetherness between players, management and fans, which is very unusual for a relegated side.

Not many teams go down after winning four of their last five in the level above, and while lots of things will be different by August, we should take inspiration from Newcastle a couple of years ago, for example, who got relegated but only after improving in the latter stages of the season with a new manager untainted by the earlier failure. They seemed to have an overwhelming sense of confidence going into the new season, and strange as it was to observe, even some momentum to carry forward from the tail end of their relegation season.
Well, you can forget all this crap now.

I had been reaching the Acceptance stage in dealing with our relegation, but now I’m going to have a good old sulk about the Ricoh Arena debacle (2 minutes of injury time at the end!!!??? After 4 subs? There is *never* less than 3 mins at the end of the 2nd half other than when one team is being pasted and everyone is happy to call it a day early) and the joke of a 0-0 between Yeovil and FGR which secured the point they both needed.

FGR were always going to struggle to get another point with Luton and a resurgent Grimsby to come, and sure enough the point gained in that match with a combined total of 3 shots on target was the difference between us going down and Forest Green going down.
hoofer2

Tuesds wrote:
Tuesds wrote:
Martin Allen: "In our meeting this morning was Adrian Whitbread, Carl Muggleton, Danny Senda and Rossi Eames."
That group is one I can put my faith in. Masses of playing and coaching experience between them, and a real *Barnet* feel to it. If we can sign up Allen and his team, then we could carry into next season some real optimism and a sense of togetherness between players, management and fans, which is very unusual for a relegated side.

Not many teams go down after winning four of their last five in the level above, and while lots of things will be different by August, we should take inspiration from Newcastle a couple of years ago, for example, who got relegated but only after improving in the latter stages of the season with a new manager untainted by the earlier failure. They seemed to have an overwhelming sense of confidence going into the new season, and strange as it was to observe, even some momentum to carry forward from the tail end of their relegation season.
Well, you can forget all this crap now.

I had been reaching the Acceptance stage in dealing with our relegation, but now I’m going to have a good old sulk about the Ricoh Arena debacle (2 minutes of injury time at the end!!!??? After 4 subs? There is *never* less than 3 mins at the end of the 2nd half other than when one team is being pasted and everyone is happy to call it a day early) and the joke of a 0-0 between Yeovil and FGR which secured the point they both needed.

FGR were always going to struggle to get another point with Luton and a resurgent Grimsby to come, and sure enough the point gained in that match with a combined total of 3 shots on target was the difference between us going down and Forest Green going down.
For me it was Akinde's missed penalty at home to Carlisle that made me feel we were destined for the drop. If your top man is not playing with confidence and strays from a superb penalty technique, you're in trouble.
becbee

The above is all completely true and extremely gutting. In one way I couldn't agree more.
However, if we were to speak to fans of Morecambe, FGR, Grimsby, Port Vale, I daresay they could all come up with matches where they feel they were unlucky to drop points for all manner of reasons.
Also the luck was with us when we beat Luton at home with an out of the blue injury time winner. We could easily have fallen behind at Swindon in the first 10 minutes before we scored. We were lucky to play Colchester away when they were abysmal. Doubtless other examples.
Over the course of a 46 match season, we have to believe that luck balances itself out.