Next Manager

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: Next Manager

jerroll wrote:Still is 68 not 72 dob 24/4/1950
Ah - went by what a Daggers fan quoted. But not in good health I don't think is disputed.
Afrobee

#Beebot wrote:
Afrobee wrote:
BigBee wrote:Having spent some time involved in football at all
levels, including South London, I have done a small
amount of research into some up and coming managers.

One name that consistently crops up is Gavin Rose.

Highly thought of, very well repected and with a good
knowledge of non league football.

He is ambitious to prove himself at a higher level and
could be a hidden gem.

Two things against that are, that his current club, Dulwich
Hamlet, have just been promoted to the National League South
and that TK might not want an inexperienced manager.

On the plus side, are his own personal ambitions and the fact that
at the moment Dulwich appear to be without a home or a backer.

Could be interesting, as he ticks a lot of boxes.

I just cannot believe the nonsense I'm reading suggesting that Gavin Rose will be a suitable candidate.Yes, Hamlet has now finally been promoted (just), but given the resources available to him (not Billericay levels granted) he has made heavy weather of getting them out od Step 3 for a number of seasons.God knows how many chances he's had! The idea that he is competent to make the jump from step 3 to Step1/ League 2 is ridiculous! There are countless better options to choose from if TK ever gets that desperate!
As said already, with only one auto promotion spot getting out of that league is easier said than done. Also, given the type of football his Dulwich team play he could make us very attractive to watch. He's popular at Dulwich and I've never heard any calls for him to be sacked there.

There are more functional managers we could go for who would do a good job, but I would rather have him than some of the many awful names that the bookies have put forward. Given TK's record of appointing managers we could do far far worse.
You're beginning to sound like his agent! One automatic promotion and one play-off winner is promoted out of that league every season. Read what I'm saying!!!! Dulwich has had far more resources (Billericay excepted) than most other teams in that league. Yet, despite this, year after year he has failed to achieve what other teams with less at their disposal have managed to do. He's never won the league and only this year, finally manages to win the Bostik Premier play-offs after drawing 1-1 against Hendon but winning only on penalties! Yet, somehow, you think this is the man to take Barnet forward? The mind boggles!
Norfolkbee

Afrobee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Afrobee wrote:
BigBee wrote:Having spent some time involved in football at all
levels, including South London, I have done a small
amount of research into some up and coming managers.

One name that consistently crops up is Gavin Rose.

Highly thought of, very well repected and with a good
knowledge of non league football.

He is ambitious to prove himself at a higher level and
could be a hidden gem.

Two things against that are, that his current club, Dulwich
Hamlet, have just been promoted to the National League South
and that TK might not want an inexperienced manager.

On the plus side, are his own personal ambitions and the fact that
at the moment Dulwich appear to be without a home or a backer.

Could be interesting, as he ticks a lot of boxes.

I just cannot believe the nonsense I'm reading suggesting that Gavin Rose will be a suitable candidate.Yes, Hamlet has now finally been promoted (just), but given the resources available to him (not Billericay levels granted) he has made heavy weather of getting them out od Step 3 for a number of seasons.God knows how many chances he's had! The idea that he is competent to make the jump from step 3 to Step1/ League 2 is ridiculous! There are countless better options to choose from if TK ever gets that desperate!
As said already, with only one auto promotion spot getting out of that league is easier said than done. Also, given the type of football his Dulwich team play he could make us very attractive to watch. He's popular at Dulwich and I've never heard any calls for him to be sacked there.

There are more functional managers we could go for who would do a good job, but I would rather have him than some of the many awful names that the bookies have put forward. Given TK's record of appointing managers we could do far far worse.
You're beginning to sound like his agent! One automatic promotion and one play-off winner is promoted out of that league every season. Read what I'm saying!!!! Dulwich has had far more resources (Billericay excepted) than most other teams in that league. Yet, despite this, year after year he has failed to achieve what other teams with less at their disposal have managed to do. He's never won the league and only this year, finally manages to win the Bostik Premier play-offs after drawing 1-1 against Hendon but winning only on penalties! Yet, somehow, you think this is the man to take Barnet forward? The mind boggles!
That'll be a no from you, then?
Afrobee

Lol! I'm afraid so Norfolk.....I watch an awful lot of non league so the very suggestion terrifies me to the core! We want to go back up in one season, not ten!
BigBee

Afrobee wrote:Lol! I'm afraid so Norfolk.....I watch an awful lot of non league so the very suggestion terrifies me to the core! We want to go back up in one season, not ten!
How long did it take Nigel Clough to get Burton to the football league.
Didn’t do too bad did he.

And please remember Dulwich are only one league behind us, with,
I dare to suggest, a much smaller budget than us.

Anyway, I only put his name up as a possibility.

Do you have any suggestions.
ninestein

It won't be Adrian Whitbread or Carl Muggleton. Both of them have unsurprisingly been named as Martin's backroom staff.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Afrobee

BigBee wrote:
Afrobee wrote:Lol! I'm afraid so Norfolk.....I watch an awful lot of non league so the very suggestion terrifies me to the core! We want to go back up in one season, not ten!
How long did it take Nigel Clough to get Burton to the football league.
Didn’t do too bad did he.

And please remember Dulwich are only one league behind us, with,
I dare to suggest, a much smaller budget than us.

Anyway, I only put his name up as a possibility.

Do you have any suggestions.
Fair point BigBee! Even as a possibility Gavin Rose taking up the reins makes me shudder. Luke Garrard is a good shout. Actually you'll find him very similar to MA in many ways. Positive aggression.. No nonsense approach. The players will very quickly find out who's in charge despite his young age. There are others from non league with a lot more experience though. The Barnet job will probably be the biggest management job going. Nicky Law would be a great shout too!
pgbee

Just seen on BBC South Today that our Arry is looking to get back into management if the right thing came along!! Yikes!
ninestein

Whilst the saga over John Still is (still) playing out, Ady Pennock has left Barrow today. The same Ady Pennock who was at FGR for 3 seasons and led them to the playoffs twice, then also had a stint at Gillingham. Personally, I think John Still would be the better option, but Pennock is the sort of manager I can imagine us plumping for... and then getting rid of in March!
rudebwoyben

ninestein wrote:Whilst the saga over John Still is (still) playing out, Ady Pennock has left Barrow today. The same Ady Pennock who was at FGR for 3 seasons and led them to the playoffs twice, then also had a stint at Gillingham. Personally, I think John Still would be the better option, but Pennock is the sort of manager I can imagine us plumping for... and then getting rid of in March!
Nope, fans of all 3 clubs he managed have a very negative opinion of him.,
ccollis_869

ninestein wrote:Whilst the saga over John Still is (still) playing out, Ady Pennock has left Barrow today. The same Ady Pennock who was at FGR for 3 seasons and led them to the playoffs twice, then also had a stint at Gillingham. Personally, I think John Still would be the better option, but Pennock is the sort of manager I can imagine us plumping for... and then getting rid of in March!
Ady Pennock stinks of midtable nothingness
Bee52

Being completely practical, anyone that comes from FGR probably has shit that stinks of carrots and quorn.
ninestein

At least we know now it won't be Pennock!
amberforever

Bee52 wrote:Being completely practical, anyone that comes from FGR probably has shit that stinks of carrots and quorn.
Thinking of cutting out the Weetabix myself ;-(
Bee52

Top man! Far too much of this vegan mularkey going on! Eat more pets!