Charlie Clough

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Charlie Clough

#Beebot wrote:Our probably highly paid, 4th choice centre back has agreed to leave on a free - why are we complaining?

He was way, way below par for most of last season. This is great news and will free up wages.
I was NOT complaining about his departure, mere querying how it was announced.
MCB

He was very highly rates in the Conference - FGR fans were dismayed when we were allowed to sign him. 70 starts for them in the Conference and then 47 for us, he'll comfortably get a new club especially as he's only 27.

Good luck to him. But we can do better.
bigjohnakinde

MA done us a favour, got rid of some of the shit (Bar Ryan Watson of course) so it would be easier for the new guy to come in and work with. Clough was never good enough, and at non league I think he would still show he's not good enough.[/quote]

You are literally the only Barnet fan who wanted Watson to stay. A shocking shocking footballer - I can't understand how he's a professional.
NorthFinchleyBee

bigjohnakinde wrote:MA done us a favour, got rid of some of the shit (Bar Ryan Watson of course) so it would be easier for the new guy to come in and work with. Clough was never good enough, and at non league I think he would still show he's not good enough.
You are literally the only Barnet fan who wanted Watson to stay. A shocking shocking footballer - I can't understand how he's a professional.[/quote]

I've a mixed view on Watson. I thought he was dreadful in his first view games but he started to grow on me under Allen. His passing improved dramatically and a couple of nicely weighted passes led to goals. I also thought he could do a job as a squad player in the NL.
jerroll

Watson was a typical academy graduate from a higher level who spent too much time playing non contact under 23 football - there was a player in there somewhere but he had no idea how to translate that into a physical league like league 2.
LoudmouthBFC

bigjohnakinde wrote:MA done us a favour, got rid of some of the shit (Bar Ryan Watson of course) so it would be easier for the new guy to come in and work with. Clough was never good enough, and at non league I think he would still show he's not good enough.
You are literally the only Barnet fan who wanted Watson to stay. A shocking shocking footballer - I can't understand how he's a professional.[/quote]

Time will tell going into non league if it was a good move or a bad one to not keep him around. He had energy so could get about the pitch. Non league will be more about fitness and toughness. We need to grind out games this season coming.
alexbach

barnetpete wrote:How many times, it wasnt just Martin.... "In our meeting this morning was Adrian Whitbread, Carl Muggleton, Danny Senda and Rossi Eames." and their are rules about informing players about taking up options/letting people go. A decision had to be made

Also, who else would have made the decision?? Let TK do it? No thanks. Martin knows the players, and was best placed to make the decisions. A new manager can always call Clough back, but not sure why you would want to as he wants first team football and not sure he'd be a regular.
Yes Pete. It happens. After our flashman meltdown crisis, seem to remember Carl hoddle rejoining, God rest his soul. There are probably other examples from before social media

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk