Still In!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Still In!

About 20 years ago the company I was working for took our department and 10 visiting Japanese colleagues to Simpsons on The Strand for the 10 deadly sins breakfast.

Porridge to line the stomach followed by enough meat to start meat sweats for the uninitiated. To their credit out of politeness all the Japanese male and female consumed the entire breakfast out if politeness to their hosts unlike some of the lily livered locals.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 31524.html

That said there were alot of visits to the bathroom for the next 2 days for the uninitiated with a look of anguish on return.
Norfolkbee

I used to work with someone who always claimed to have a full English breakfast every morning - a cup of strong black coffee, a cigarette and a good cough!
dawat

Norfolkbee wrote:Anyone for a little muesli with skimmed milk, fresh orange juice and whole wheat toast with a light covering of a poly unsaturated spread?
Norfolk sound more like the 'healthy' light breakfast I eat at home or else porridge (with some sliced strawberries) or toast. When I'm away I stop worrying about the cholesterol and go for a full English minus the black pudding but with baked beans! Home or away it's tea with breakfast.
Norfolk & Chance

Norfolkbee wrote:I used to work with someone who always claimed to have a full English breakfast every morning - a cup of strong black coffee, a cigarette and a good cough!

If I had that for breakfast I'd think very carefully before having a good cough !
Norfolkbee

dawat wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Anyone for a little muesli with skimmed milk, fresh orange juice and whole wheat toast with a light covering of a poly unsaturated spread?
Norfolk sound more like the 'healthy' light breakfast I eat at home or else porridge (with some sliced strawberries) or toast. When I'm away I stop worrying about the cholesterol and go for a full English minus the black pudding but with baked beans! Home or away it's tea with breakfast.
Holidaying abroad or on a cruise can be interesting when the breakfast buffet includes various cakes and pastries. Sometimes I'm tempted, but usually I find it a tad early for that type of stuff. This generally depends on what I've drunk the night before!
hoppy

I had a few days in Sicily recently and the breakfast at the hotel included SALAD!!!!
Yes, bloody lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, ham, can you believe that??
AND....NO SALAD CREAM!!!!
pgbee

Has anyone found a continental hotel that serves proper bacon instead of greasy streaky bacon with next to no meat...?
GenkiDev

Reminds me of a youth football tournament to Holland where they have HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS on toast! Weird!
dawat

Norfolkbee wrote:
dawat wrote:
Holidaying abroad or on a cruise can be interesting when the breakfast buffet includes various cakes and pastries. Sometimes I'm tempted, but usually I find it a tad early for that type of stuff. This generally depends on what I've drunk the night before!
I know what you mean Norfolk. Went to Lake Garda in Italy last year and they always served up both croissants and any cakes left over from the previous evenings meal. Along with the ham and cheese etc seemed a weird mix.
MCB

Anyone fancy a Currie for breakfast?

No? Well he's confirmed he's left the daggers.
PaulGoldie

Still In!

There other assistant manager, Junior Lewis, goalkeeper coach, Jim Stannard and Academy coach, Micah Hyde have all also left!!!!

Perhaps John Still is going to bring his whole backroom team with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by PaulGoldie on 28 May 2018, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

PaulGoldie wrote:There other assistant manager, Junior Lewis, goalkeeper coach, Jim Stannard and Academy coach, Micah Hyde have both also left!!!!

Perhaps John Still is going to bring his whole backroom team with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Micah Hyde joins us I wonder whether he'll bring his son Tyrique with him? 18 year old D&R forward / midfielder.
kingpinfid

I’m hungry.

Is it acceptable to eat a full English breakfast in the evening?
Beeliever

Mandatory
Beeliever

Mandatory