National League - Early Bird Odds 2018/19

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pletch99

Re: National League - Early Bird Odds 2018/19

I really not as confident as some. While I agree the team played well in the last few weeks, over the course of a season they didn't play well and there is no guaruntee that some players won't slip back into old habbits.

It's also unknown at this stage how well Tarpey and Johnson will recover from their injuries. If Still brings in the right players, it's certainly possible that we can win it, but if the players cannot maintain their end of season form we could easily find ourself mid table or worse. We're also going to have to get used to a scalp that teams are going to want to take.

The truth is that nobody knows at this stage - not me, not the bookies and not any of you!
Norfolkbee

I may have a few quid on us once the key positions are filled. Depends who JS brings in, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later. Clubs are already making signings, so he can't afford to let too much grass grow under his feet. Badly needs to sign a keeper (or two), a centre back (unless he gives Clough a chance) and the central midfielder Eames, McGhee and Westley neglected to bring in last season.
John_c

Lots of brave talk about this.

It's ridiculous to start with the pissing this tinpot league stuff so early. Let's wait until September at least.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
MCB

John_c wrote:Lots of brave talk about this.

It's ridiculous to start with the pissing this tinpot league stuff so early. Let's wait until September at least.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Rubbish. It's like printing money. Put your house on it.
ealingbee84

pletch99 wrote:I really not as confident as some. While I agree the team played well in the last few weeks, over the course of a season they didn't play well and there is no guaruntee that some players won't slip back into old habbits.

It's also unknown at this stage how well Tarpey and Johnson will recover from their injuries. If Still brings in the right players, it's certainly possible that we can win it, but if the players cannot maintain their end of season form we could easily find ourself mid table or worse. We're also going to have to get used to a scalp that teams are going to want to take.

The truth is that nobody knows at this stage - not me, not the bookies and not any of you!
I think if you look at the last time Barnet relegated, they had good form except for the first 12 games. I Thought they would be play offs minimum at least but it didn't happen. A whole season can be a lot on a team. I don't think fans should expect promotion in 1 year. I think the past 2 promotions taking 4 and 2 years is actually not bad.

I'll look at odds to promote rather than win.

In regards to bookie odds, they fluctuate based on what people are betting on. If people are betting on Chesterfield, Orient and Salford then their odds will lower.