The Emery Dynasty

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MatyasSportsJourno

The Emery Dynasty

Hello

I am sports writer for Nemzeti Sport paper in Hungary and I am interested in English football. I hope it is ok to post. With the news that Unai Emery has taken on the big job at Arsenal I want research some of Unai’s lesser known family who have made an impact on English football. I have learnt that there was a Barnet player named Christophe Emery. Christophe is Unai’s brother and the two Spaniiards grew up together in the Basque region of Spain before Cristophe emigrated to a small village near Stevenage. Their father and grandfather, named Juan and Antonio respectively, were also footballers, both goalkeepers. The former appeared for several clubs in the second tier, whilst the latter competed with Real Unión in the top division.

Has some Barnet fan any stats on Cristophe’s time at Barnet? How many appearances, goals, and any cups or trophies he won for Barnet? What position did he play? Any memorable moments or pictures? Will he one day travel back to Spain to take up management do you think or maybe even become an assistant with Unai at Gunners?

Thank you
beeamazed

Re: The Emery Dynasty

:eee:
foxy

Brilliant but not foxy!

I would question his whereabouts on a certain Tuesday night in Scarborough when the legend that is EmeWee was not present!

Piss poor IMO... that Yakubu header sent us top for 20 mins!
Bee_Forever

Mr Emery retired from football aged 30 with a chronic neck injury caused by the john still era.

Until that point he was an ever present for Barnet. Travelling all over the country with them (with the exception of a small Yorkshire town by the sea.

I am sure someone will have an out of focus picture of sir Chris of emery in his glory days...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
John Hunt

Disgracefully left off the bench for the Herts Senior Cup Final despite making the team in the programme.

Saw out his playing days for AFC Wimbledon I am led to believe.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

By the way he preferred Dallas to Dynasty.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
letchbee94

hendon4bee wrote:By the way he preferred Dallas to Dynasty.
:)
I Was There

Always liked Dick Emery as a comedian, a real good laugh, good appointment by The Arsenal.
Did not know he had any interest in football
However I think the Gooners will turn on him.
I expect after they start booing him, he will say

Oo .... you are awful .... but I like you all.