Pre Season Friendlies

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Hiveoccupier wrote:
pletch99 wrote:I'd certainly hope for them to move the game to either 1pm or 5pm so fans can watch the England game in the bar. I'd prefer 5, because I'd struggle to make 1 due to family commitments.
I can’t believe they won’t switch the time. I’m sure both squads will want to watch the 1/4 final too.

Either way I’m going to the Hive on Saturday to watch as much of England and Barnet playing as possible.
The question was asked on Friday evening and TK did say that as long as WBA are happy he would switch the kick off time.

With the hot weather I would also think it would be better for the players to have an earlier kick off time.
becbee

Switching to 1pm would come with the risk of extra time and penalties which would then clash with most/ all of the first half.
5pm onwards seems like a better idea to me.
Psycho

buzzinbee wrote:Would find it hard for people to want to watch the England match at the Hive.

Should be brought forward to Friday evening or played on Sunday.
Have you seen the two matches for Friday? Brilliant. Every football fan will want to catch France v Uruguay and Brazil v Belgium. As for Sunday, we run the risk of a hangover if England go out ( and don't forget Sweden will be much fresher mentally and physically).

Has to be Saturday at noon IMO. Will cost the club money shifting it at short notice though but what a day!
hoppy

Psycho wrote:
buzzinbee wrote:Would find it hard for people to want to watch the England match at the Hive.

Have you seen the two matches for Friday? Brilliant. Every football fan will want to catch France v Uruguay and Brazil v Belgium. As for Sunday, we run the risk of a hangover if England go out ( and don't forget Sweden will be much fresher mentally and physically).

Has to be Saturday at noon IMO. Will cost the club money shifting it at short notice though but what a day!
If Martin Allen was still in charge the West Brom game would have a 12.00 kick off.
Mad Dogs and Englishmen......
hoofer2

becbee wrote:Switching to 1pm would come with the risk of extra time and penalties which would then clash with most/ all of the first half.
Should have been 1pm anyway - with World Cup shown on screens afterwards.
jerroll

becbee wrote:Switching to 1pm would come with the risk of extra time and penalties which would then clash with most/ all of the first half.
What !!- its a preseason friendly not a cup game!! if we kick off at 1 finish at 2.45 then everyone decamps to the bars!!
MCB

jerroll wrote:
What !!- its a preseason friendly not a cup game!! if we kick off at 1 finish at 2.45 then everyone decamps to the bars!!
:laugh: I completely agreed with becbee when I saw that, I think i'm still suffering from a bit too much to drink last night!
Psycho

hoppy wrote:
Psycho wrote:

If Martin Allen was still in charge the West Brom game would have a 12.00 kick off.
Mad Dogs and Englishmen......
Very good, Hoppy. Took me a minute to get it. Even more apt if the heatwave continues! :laugh:
Jon83

Changing a world cup 1/4 final kick off time for a Barnet pre season is a bit much.

Good that TK is willing (as alluded to earlier in thread). WBA have to agree as well. Northampton played a pre season last night. Liverpool have apparently refused a change of kick off time for their friendly against Chester on Sat.
hoppy

Jon83 wrote:
Changing a world cup 1/4 final kick off time for a Barnet pre season is a bit much.

Good that TK is willing (as alluded to earlier in thread). WBA have to agree as well. Northampton played a pre season last night. Liverpool have apparently refused a change of kick off time for their friendly against Chester on Sat.
Harlow v Leyton Orient kick off time switched to 11.30am.
becbee

jerroll wrote:
Sorry, brain dead this morning.
Maybe I was thinking that England V Sweden could be changed to 1pm so as to avoid clashing with our PSF!!!!!!!
letchbee94

I thought it would be 1pm but thinking about it 12.30 makes sense as fans will want to get drinks maybe have quick bite to eat between the psf ending and the start if England game
DerekRocholl

letchbee94 wrote:I thought it would be 1pm but thinking about it 12.30 makes sense as fans will want to get drinks maybe have quick bite to eat between the psf ending and the start if England game
The players might want to see the full game too !
letchbee94

Hiveoccupier wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:I thought it would be 1pm but thinking about it 12.30 makes sense as fans will want to get drinks maybe have quick bite to eat between the psf ending and the start if England game
The players might want to see the full game too !
Good point, gives the players time to shower and freshen up as well.