Coventry

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
finchleyman

Re: Coventry

3-0 Looks like my post at half-time was the kiss of death.
How can Coventry score no goals against Morecombe and yet already have three against Exeter?
Norfolk & Chance

50,000+ at Wembley. Not too shabby for a league 2 playoff final.
alexbach

Wasn't losing sleep, but well done Coventry and and the precious few, so what

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
Mickbee

finchleyman wrote:3-0 Looks like my post at half-time was the kiss of death.
How can Coventry score no goals against Morecombe and yet already have three against Exeter?
Because they chose not to. They are undoubted a quality side which makes it harder to stomach. A Coventry team playing at 50% would have put a few past Morecombe.
Norfolk & Chance

alexbach wrote:Wasn't losing sleep, but well done Coventry and and the precious few, so what

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
It's advisable to wear a hat if you're out in the sun for a while Alex..
letchbee94

Wanted Exeter to win as I thought they looked the better team when we played them, Coventry looked so poor both times we played them (did not surprise me that they failed to beat Morecambe)
Sure they did not help us to stay up but they can be added to a big list of things and people to blame for us going down.
To name a few, injuries, Rossi, McGhee, TK, Poor defending, poor finishing....
Mickbee

Boiled down to 45 minutes not played on a level playing field that afternoon.
Coventry showed their class this afternoon, that's what you get for a £2million wage bill. They looked fresher than Exeter towards the end of the game.
becbee

Today - football at Wembley . Exeter City finished 4th, Coventry City 6th - Coventry won P.O. Final and promoted.
Two days ago - Rugby Union at Twickenham . Exeter Chiefs finished 1st, Saracens 2nd - Saracens won P.O. Final and so Champions.

The city of Exeter must hate P.O.s at the moment
Eltel

I hope they get relegated next year in similar circumstances to us. Poetic justice and all that.
Tuesds

I must say I struggle with this argument that because we had a bad season, we can't complain about the the extraordinary scenes at Coventry on the final day. There are two things that can be true at the same time:

1. Barnet were not good last season
2. It's not good when two teams have a mutual interest in a draw and spend a big chunk of a match playing in adherence to an apparently unspoken agreement not to try too hard to score.

Yes, we were rubbish because we only managed a paltry 46 points from 46 contests. But Morecambe only managed 46 points, and they had 45 contests plus one match in which their opponents didn't appear to be trying very hard for at least part of the match!

No-one's calling for Coventry or Morecambe to be thrown out of the league (Coventry might see to that themselves if they can't resolve the status of their home ground); We just think it's hard to stomach a team which hadn't failed to score for months (and only then against the champions-to-be) showing almost zero attacking intent in the second half of its home game vs the worst team in the league (on form).
ninestein

Remember, there is such a thing as karma. We will have a good season next year and Coventry will struggle against relegation. Our paths will cross again and the circle will be complete...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

There really isn't such a thing called karma.
Things happen that we call karma but in reality are just different events that we choose to link.
It's like astrology.
But I've no doubt something will happen in the future to Coventry that will afford us a wry smile.
Anyway, stuff them. It's done, finished, we move on.
Have Coventry ever won the conference? Have they f........
ninestein

I love the way we bang on about having won the conference three times.
Trouble is, we keep going there in order to win it!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

ninestein wrote:I love the way we bang on about having won the conference three times.
You've got be in it to win it !
Norfolkbee

hoofer2 wrote:
ninestein wrote:I love the way we bang on about having won the conference three times.
You've got be in it to win it !
Barnet's problem has always been that each time they've won the Conference, they've failed to kick on like some other clubs have done.
There was an excuse the first time because the club under Fat Stan was a disaster waiting to happen with a team, that was capable of so much more, being allowed to drift away. However, even the rebuilt club that followed enjoyed the best part of a decade in a comfortable position with a couple of dips at the playoffs.
The chance wasted under Fairclough was the biggest disappointment because there was the makings of a decent side, which was never really bolstered by a,few players of proven League ability.
The latest sortie into the EFL just never got started for reasons that don't require me to keep going over.