Barnet Lane Playing Fields

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BGr

Barnet Lane Playing Fields

Having already robbed EN5 of It’s professional sports outlet, it will come as no surprise to anyone that Barnet Council are now conducting a “feasibility Consultation” on “enhancements” to the playing fields on Barnet lane:

https://engage.barnet.gov.uk/Barnet_Pla ... g_George_v

Anyone whose lived in LBB for more than 6 months knows that this translates roughly as “we have deliberately neglected these public facilities for long enough that no one cares about them any more, and now we are goIng to sneak through the back door our proposal to flog them to the highest-bidding buy-to-let housebuilder.”

If you care about football in the borough, you should leave your comments. One way they can improve the facilities is by painting the football pitches and putting up the goal posts like they used to. I noticed they stopped doing this a few years ago, and I suspect it is to drive usage down and reduce opposition to them flogging it off.

They have got away with enough already, if residents don’t act there will be no sport left in this borough that doesn’t involve an oval ball and corporate hospitality suites for 10 grand a season. There will certainly be no places left for youngsters to exercise and play football!
alexbach

Re: Barnet Lane Playing Fields

hgbee wrote:Having already robbed EN5 of It’s professional sports outlet, it will come as no surprise to anyone that Barnet Council are now conducting a “feasibility Consultation” on “enhancements” to the playing fields on Barnet lane:

Anyone whose lived in LBB for more than 6 months knows that this translates roughly as “we have deliberately neglected these public facilities for long enough that no one cares about them any more, and now we are goIng to sneak through the back door our proposal to flog them to the highest-bidding buy-to-let housebuilder.”

If you care about football in the borough, you should leave your comments. One way they can improve the facilities is by painting the football pitches and putting up the goal posts like they used to. I noticed they stopped doing this a few years ago, and I suspect it is to drive usage down and reduce opposition to them flogging it off.

They have got away with enough already, if residents don’t act there will be no sport left in this borough that doesn’t involve an oval ball and corporate hospitality suites for 10 grand a season. There will certainly be no places left for youngsters to exercise and play football!
Well said. Seems as if at least one fingate friendly will be played there, says my reliable source(Thomas salinger)

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
beew

hgbee wrote:Having already robbed EN5 of It’s professional sports outlet, it will come as no surprise to anyone that Barnet Council are now conducting a “feasibility Consultation” on “enhancements” to the playing fields on Barnet lane:

Not sure where you get this from. The pitches on King George V are prepared every July and the goal posts are put up. 3 full sized pitches and two junior ones. I did comment on this a week or so ago as the documents I read, was for the proposal to create a football hub across both fields with pitches and changing rooms at a cost of £4.5 million and a view to share these facilities with the new Ark school.
ninestein

I would love to see how a load of new houses cope with all the flooding those pitches take over the winter.

I recall one winter that game after game was postponed on Barnet Lane because neither side could swim. Then again if the professionals at Luton can do it...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

alexbach wrote:

Well said. Seems as if at least one fingate friendly will be played there, says my reliable source(Thomas salinger)

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk

I used another reliable source too, Wingate and Finchley's website, it confirmed three games at Barnet Lane.