Loan to Saracens by.... Barnet Council

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Loan to Saracens by.... Barnet Council

Postby barnetpete » 08 Jun 2018, 11:38

I'm informed that Barnet Council are loaning money to Saracens towards their new stand. I don't know the nature of the deal/rates etc, but as a top line headline it seems wrong on so many levels.
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Fdn with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 1872
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: Loan to Saracens by.... Barnet Council

Postby dawat » 08 Jun 2018, 14:34

barnetpete wrote:I'm informed that Barnet Council are loaning money to Saracens towards their new stand. I don't know the nature of the deal/rates etc, but as a top line headline it seems wrong on so many levels.


If true, I am sure that Barnet Council would have been only too pleased to do the same for us if we had asked! Everyone knows how heartbroken the council was when Barnet FC decided to move to Harrow despite all the pleas of Barnet Council to stay and opt for one of the many alternative new ground sites the council offered to the club. Still it's nice to see that Barnet Council are not prepared to let another of our borough's long standing sports club's slip through their totally supportive fingers. Barnet Council and sport go together like fish and jam. Anyway must pop off now as I am overdue for some more of my medication and a nap!
dawat
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 17:06

Re: Loan to Saracens by.... Barnet Council

Postby rudebwoyben » 08 Jun 2018, 14:46

dawat wrote:
barnetpete wrote:I'm informed that Barnet Council are loaning money to Saracens towards their new stand. I don't know the nature of the deal/rates etc, but as a top line headline it seems wrong on so many levels.


If true, I am sure that Barnet Council would have been only too pleased to do the same for us if we had asked! Everyone knows how heartbroken the council was when Barnet FC decided to move to Harrow despite all the pleas of Barnet Council to stay and opt for one of the many alternative new ground sites the council offered to the club. Still it's nice to see that Barnet Council are not prepared to let another of our borough's long standing sports club's slip through their totally supportive fingers. Barnet Council and sport go together like fish and jam. Anyway must pop off now as I am overdue for some more of my medication and a nap!


:laugh: :laugh:
For all of 5 years!
User avatar
rudebwoyben
 
Posts: 5024
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:53
Location: Hackney, London E5

Re: Loan to Saracens by.... Barnet Council

Postby Mikel Bee » 08 Jun 2018, 15:01

Wonderful, they've found money to splash on Saracens but what about collecting the bins every once in a while? 3 weeks now and no collection. Rubbish is building up on the pavements in this corner of Barnet. [/Moany local resident]
Image
User avatar
Mikel Bee
 
Posts: 2645
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 02:23

Re: Loan to Saracens by.... Barnet Council

Postby NorthFinchleyBee » 10 Jun 2018, 06:51

Mikel Bee wrote:Wonderful, they've found money to splash on Saracens but what about collecting the bins every once in a while? 3 weeks now and no collection. Rubbish is building up on the pavements in this corner of Barnet. [/Moany local resident]


Yep, and weeds growing throwing pavements everywhere I look. I work in Camden and the contrast is shocking.
NorthFinchleyBee
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 13:53

Re: Loan to Saracens by.... Barnet Council

Postby GenkiDev » 10 Jun 2018, 17:31

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:Wonderful, they've found money to splash on Saracens but what about collecting the bins every once in a while? 3 weeks now and no collection. Rubbish is building up on the pavements in this corner of Barnet. [/Moany local resident]


Yep, and weeds growing throwing pavements everywhere I look. I work in Camden and the contrast is shocking.



Bloody youths! :whistle:
GenkiDev
 
Posts: 745
Joined: 10 May 2015, 13:16


Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chesbee, Google [Bot], Norfolkbee and 18 guests