Callum Reynolds

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby tomrose72 » 10 Jun 2018, 14:09

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Possibly a sideways move, given where they finished last season, but we are likewise expected to be in the play-off mix next season so not sure about their suggestions of it being a backwards move either.
tomrose72
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 05 Apr 2013, 12:50

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby Tuesds » 10 Jun 2018, 15:02

tomrose72 wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Possibly a sideways move, given where they finished last season, but we are likewise expected to be in the play-off mix next season so not sure about their suggestions of it being a backwards move either.


They’re a bigger club with a bigger fanbase and a bigger Football League history. So, from a Shots fan’s perspective, Barnet should be a backward step for an Aldershot player who’s turned down a contract. However, it’s not really a backwards step because despite their bigger fan base, our club has invested in additional revenue streams to enable us to spend more on players than them.
Tuesds
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby Norfolkbee » 10 Jun 2018, 15:12

Tuesds wrote:
tomrose72 wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Possibly a sideways move, given where they finished last season, but we are likewise expected to be in the play-off mix next season so not sure about their suggestions of it being a backwards move either.


They’re a bigger club with a bigger fanbase and a bigger Football League history. So, from a Shots fan’s perspective, Barnet should be a backward step for an Aldershot player who’s turned down a contract. However, it’s not really a backwards step because despite their bigger fan base, our club has invested in additional revenue streams to enable us to spend more on players than them.

Bigger Football League history? Aren't they a phoenix club? However, I do expect them to be in the promotion shake-up come April.
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 2853
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby ninestein » 10 Jun 2018, 18:05

We are a big fish in this pond. Why shouldn't other club's top players be tempted by a move to Barnet. Some of our fans have England syndrome... talking down our prospects before a ball has been kicked.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
User avatar
ninestein
 
Posts: 4629
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 10 Jun 2018, 20:10

ninestein wrote:We are a big fish in this pond. Why shouldn't other club's top players be tempted by a move to Barnet. Some of our fans have England syndrome... talking down our prospects before a ball has been kicked.


Living in the past on both counts.
We'll have no idea how big we are in the conference until next season.
And when it comes to England, it's better to expect nothing in the hope of being pleasantly surprised.
Norfolk & Chance
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: 03 Jun 2017, 09:22

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby mcleod23 » 10 Jun 2018, 21:27

Tuesds wrote:
tomrose72 wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Possibly a sideways move, given where they finished last season, but we are likewise expected to be in the play-off mix next season so not sure about their suggestions of it being a backwards move either.


They’re a bigger club with a bigger fanbase and a bigger Football League history. So, from a Shots fan’s perspective, Barnet should be a backward step for an Aldershot player who’s turned down a contract. However, it’s not really a backwards step because despite their bigger fan base, our club has invested in additional revenue streams to enable us to spend more on players than them.


All their best players have left?!
mcleod23
 
Posts: 1459
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 23:33

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby #Beebot » 10 Jun 2018, 21:43

In terms of resources we've had quite a bit more than Aldershot for some time now.

If we're basing it on history, it's like saying that Man City is a step down from Forest.
#Beebot
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby watfordbee » 10 Jun 2018, 22:17

Facilities, we outdo almost every other conference club, average attendance will just about be top 10. Depends what you want to measure it on, I would be disappointed if I was an aldershot supporter.
Now Lingfieldbee
User avatar
watfordbee
 
Posts: 959
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 14:09
Location: Lingfield

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby John_c » 11 Jun 2018, 05:40

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Ah how I've missed the old parachute money conspiracy theory.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4682
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby ccollis_869 » 11 Jun 2018, 09:45

watfordbee wrote:Facilities, we outdo almost every other conference club, average attendance will just about be top 10. Depends what you want to measure it on, I would be disappointed if I was an aldershot supporter.

To be fair I would say we have THE best facilities in the non-league. Not the biggest capacity but the actual facilities are better then almost every league two and one clubs
ccollis_869
 
Posts: 550
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 21:05

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby Norfolkbee » 11 Jun 2018, 11:35

ccollis_869 wrote:
watfordbee wrote:Facilities, we outdo almost every other conference club, average attendance will just about be top 10. Depends what you want to measure it on, I would be disappointed if I was an aldershot supporter.

To be fair I would say we have THE best facilities in the non-league. Not the biggest capacity but the actual facilities are better then almost every league two and one clubs

The trouble often is that the majority of other fans - and some potential new signings - tend to view a club by the size of its attendances. A crowd listed in the Sunday papers as 1,700 conjours up the perception "small club" with the casual (and many non-casual) observers. This is one reason why the Bees need to grow their support base.
Norfolkbee
 
Posts: 2853
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 09:43

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby LoudmouthBFC » 11 Jun 2018, 12:51

John_c wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Ah how I've missed the old parachute money conspiracy theory.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Money and Barnet, has that ever been used in the same sentence before?
LoudmouthBFC
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 19 Mar 2016, 18:39

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby MCB » 11 Jun 2018, 12:55

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
John_c wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Ah how I've missed the old parachute money conspiracy theory.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Money and Barnet, has that ever been used in the same sentence before?


When TK got John Doolan to sign a 5 year contract.
User avatar
MCB
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: 11 May 2016, 17:41

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby LoudmouthBFC » 11 Jun 2018, 13:06

MCB wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:
John_c wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:Not sure how they can say it's a backwards move.


Ah how I've missed the old parachute money conspiracy theory.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Money and Barnet, has that ever been used in the same sentence before?


When TK got John Doolan to sign a 5 year contract.


What a man. 2nd best scouser to ever play for us, next to Ryan Watson of course :ohlord:
Attachments
1559033.jpg
1559033.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
LoudmouthBFC
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 19 Mar 2016, 18:39

Re: Callum Reynolds

Postby jerroll » 11 Jun 2018, 13:24

Mark Carter was the best scouser to play for us!
jerroll
 
Posts: 8570
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberforever, Google [Bot], LadyBee, Norfolk & Chance and 25 guests