Callum Reynolds

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pgbee

Re: Callum Reynolds

Seem to remember a big punch up at the end of Northampton away on a Friday night at the cricket ground where I think we equalised (or they did) and the ref bottled it by blowing for full time about 5 minutes early , it was in the Bull-Carter era...
TWS

hoofer2 wrote:
tpBEE wrote:
Scored the best OG I have ever seen at Underhill against Northwich Victoria
Never!! Greg Heald's bullet header into top corner from 18 yards out vs Southend was by far the best one. Got sent off immediately afterwards after tussling with Carruthers
I remember that one! A great diving header, Carruthers patted Heald on the head as he lay face down and all hell erupted! I know we still ended up winning. Was it the day when Danny Brown scored an absolute rocket to win it 2-1?

Also a mention to the Paul Wilson elbow on Paul Raynor at the end of a home game against Orient. I think Raynor had celebrated an Orient 90th minute winner by running the length of the East Terrace giving us abuse. Straight from kick off Wilse saw his opportunity and perfect smashed him in the face with his elbow. A red card very quickly followed!
ninestein

Ahh Paul Wilson... who remembers the stamp on that Wigan player? He nearly lost his meat and two veg.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

Nowadays players see red simply for a badly mistimed tackle or two yellow cards. They just see the red card, walk off and the match continues. I can't remember any recent dramas.
hoofer2

becbee wrote:Nowadays players see red simply for a badly mistimed tackle or two yellow cards. They just see the red card, walk off and the match continues. I can't remember any recent dramas.
I expect this to be due to the fact there are TV cameras and mobiles filming everything now right - the inane, mundane and innocuous right down to the football lower leagues.

Players cannot get away with things any longer. I remember one the first highly publicised incidents about cameras catching incidents on pitch was when Paul Davis of Arsenal
punched Southampton's Glenn Cockerill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxCKczfG-r4
rudebwoyben

TWS wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
tpBEE wrote:
Scored the best OG I have ever seen at Underhill against Northwich Victoria
Never!! Greg Heald's bullet header into top corner from 18 yards out vs Southend was by far the best one. Got sent off immediately afterwards after tussling with Carruthers
I remember that one! A great diving header, Carruthers patted Heald on the head as he lay face down and all hell erupted! I know we still ended up winning. Was it the day when Danny Brown scored an absolute rocket to win it 2-1?

Also a mention to the Paul Wilson elbow on Paul Raynor at the end of a home game against Orient. I think Raynor had celebrated an Orient 90th minute winner by running the length of the East Terrace giving us abuse. Straight from kick off Wilse saw his opportunity and perfect smashed him in the face with his elbow. A red card very quickly followed!
A sterling act of public service for the greater good by Wils there!
Eltel

Has this thread got anything to do with us signing Callum Reynolds?
Norfolkbee

Eltel wrote:Has this thread got anything to do with us signing Callum Reynolds?
That should be on a new thread entitled "new signings". However, I fear that is some way off.
RichardM

letchbee94 wrote:When we played Leeds in the league cup I remember their keeper Neil Sullivan did something to 1 of our forwards.
Think it was 2-1 at the time and it might have turned the game around had he been sent off.

The referee saw a video of the incident after the game and told Andrew Adie he would have sent Sullivan off if he had seen it during the game.
Jon83

Back to topic. Signed!
jerroll

Good to see an experienced manager starting with the spine unlike last summers nonsense (not a pop at Eames by the way!!)
CrawleyBee

jerroll wrote:Good to see an experienced manager starting with the spine unlike last summers nonsense (not a pop at Eames by the way!!)
Agreed John, the team is shaping up nicely. Still seems to be quietly going about his business.
Formerly Watfordbee
LoudmouthBFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LoudmouthBFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norfolk & Chance

My wife is very impressed with this signing and is enquiring about membership!