Pecking Order RIP - fowl play not suspected

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Pecking Order RIP - fowl play not suspected

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Adios, farewell, the chips were down for you. Welcome back the Hive bar! Drink2:
Hive Bar to make welcome return for the World Cup and beyond!

Work is underway to transform Pecking Order back to The Hive Bar just in time for the World Cup.
https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/june ... nd-beyond/
ninestein

Re: Pecking Order RIP - fowl play not suspected

Wow... didn't see that coming. Basically sounds like they will be opening up a bit more space, less emphasis on sit-down meals, more space for fans to mingle. Does this mean Starbucks will be going too? Either way, it's a healthly decision which should prove popular with fans. Hope they get it ready in time for Thursday!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jdmckbee

Excellent decision by the club........a rare occurrence.
We're the West Bank Underhill......
hoofer2

I expect it it would have been a fiscal decision - was there enough trade for Pecking Order to generate enough profit?, rather than to appease the Bees Fans.

I presume the Stanmore Location had the higher turnover until Nandos opened up a branch.
letchbee94

Good news, well done TK.
barnetpete

Ruined a good chicken shop with cheaper chicken. Originally it was really good food.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Mickbee

Hurrah, ill conceived idea in the first place. Back to how it was please.
Last edited by Mickbee on 12 Jun 2018, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
BeesKnees

Excellent news, hopefully this will tie into converting the east stand to a terrace and so give those standing decent facilities.
alexbach

This is a summary Image

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
ninestein

I like the idea that the rotisserie chicken will stay on the matchday menu. It was actually quite nice. I just get the impression that the whole restaurant idea didn't quite do enough on non-matchdays.

As you say, now that the East is to become a terrace, it may give those fans the means to go inside at HT. Although for the moment we still have the problem of where the directors and press are going to go. The hospitality seats currently fill from an entrance near the dugouts. I'm sure TK has a plan though...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BEEGONE

Didn't pecking order close some other restaurants down recently?
barnetpete

BEEGONE wrote:Didn't pecking order close some other restaurants down recently?
They had the original restaurant in Stanmore, Nando's opened up a few doors down and took lots of the business away over night. Not long after TK bought out the two original owners.

The restaurant at the hive was never going to work unless a small part of a bigger chain of restaurants, that survived on match day takings but benefited from economies of scale on ordering etc. I noted the quality of the chicken dropped about 6 months after opening, I assume a TK decision to increase margins, and it effected the quality of the experience. I had been down a handful of times on non match days as work fairly close but stopped going as it was now no longer any better than Nando's.

I was told that before going with Pecking Order TK was close to a franchise deal with Pizza Hut, be interesting to see if a restaurant returns, or it remains a bar which serves food.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Norfolkbee

barnetpete wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:Didn't pecking order close some other restaurants down recently?
They had the original restaurant in Stanmore, Nando's opened up a few doors down and took lots of the business away over night. Not long after TK bought out the two original owners.

The restaurant at the hive was never going to work unless a small part of a bigger chain of restaurants, that survived on match day takings but benefited from economies of scale on ordering etc. I noted the quality of the chicken dropped about 6 months after opening, I assume a TK decision to increase margins, and it effected the quality of the experience. I had been down a handful of times on non match days as work fairly close but stopped going as it was now no longer any better than Nando's.

I was told that before going with Pecking Order TK was close to a franchise deal with Pizza Hut, be interesting to see if a restaurant returns, or it remains a bar which serves food.
I visited Pecking Order on a Friday evening last summer and my wife and I were the only two in there apart from four staff. The food was better than I've had on a Saturday, but that was probably because there was more time for individual preparation. It was also a bit dearer. My wife actually asked me how the place could keep going if it was empty on a Friday night. I told her that I thought its days were numbered.
alexbach

Other observations......
1. unsteady market at present with Stanmore Wetherspoons having long since closed
2. Personally found the décor too dark and dreary. After a home defeat did not like staring at black wallls
Masuka

Always was a bewildering decision to open a chicken restaurant in place of The Hive Bar and expect it to do any business Sun-Friday, except for the odd mid-week home game. Generally I think most people go to watch football and have a few beers or bovrils, not a plate of chicken.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee