Squad numbers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Afrobee

Re: Squad numbers

#Beebot wrote:
Afrobee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Anyone know if Aghadiuno is still with us? I noticed he played at QPR on Tuesday but no squad number for him.
He did not play against QPR. He is yet to play under Still. You probably mistook him for a trialist. Aghadiuno is actually, a second year scholar.
He was on the bench at QPR as per Twitter. He was a second year scholar last year, so would be too old for the U18s now.
No. Go and check. He is a second year scholar. He signed with Barnet at 17. It's one of those very strange situations....a two year scholarship signed last year. If I'm right, you'll find RML (KML's brother) also signed last year at 17.
ETBee

Watched some of the training today - there certainly does seem to be a lot of players, most of whom I didn't recognise but that's me. Seems a lack of height in the team, except for a 6 ft 7 in Latvian(?) Goalie on trial. Good to see Tarpey running around. Players being pushed hard physically.
letchbee94

New kit available tomorrow as well
#Beebot

Afrobee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Afrobee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Anyone know if Aghadiuno is still with us? I noticed he played at QPR on Tuesday but no squad number for him.
He did not play against QPR. He is yet to play under Still. You probably mistook him for a trialist. Aghadiuno is actually, a second year scholar.
He was on the bench at QPR as per Twitter. He was a second year scholar last year, so would be too old for the U18s now.
No. Go and check. He is a second year scholar. He signed with Barnet at 17. It's one of those very strange situations....a two year scholarship signed last year. If I'm right, you'll find RML (KML's brother) also signed last year at 17.
That would be odd, as Aghadiuno turned 18 in January, and I remember seeing him play in a friendly at Bedfont back in summer 2016, so not sure what terms he was on back then.
Afrobee

He did not play against QPR. He is yet to play under Still. You probably mistook him for a trialist. Aghadiuno is actually, a second year scholar.[/quote]

No. Go and check. He is a second year scholar. He signed with Barnet at 17. It's one of those very strange situations....a two year scholarship signed last year. If I'm right, you'll find RML (KML's brother) also signed last year at 17.[/quote]

That would be odd, as Aghadiuno turned 18 in January, and I remember seeing him play in a friendly at Bedfont back in summer 2016, so not sure what terms he was on back then.[/quote]

Like RML he was part of the Under 17 squad who were all on "extended schoolboy contracts" but were later offered full scholarships. Make no mistake, that was an excellent team which in my view was better than the Youth team squad. Some of them were picked up by Premiership clubs for free! There is no Under 17 squad now.. it looks like there is just a Youth team and a "development" or college team.