Why do we no longer get the Arsenal PSF?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
EssexVillaBee

Re: Why do we no longer get the Arsenal PSF?

I never attended any of these games because A) I don't like Arsenal and B) the admission prices were hiked to Premier League level.
rudebwoyben

EssexVillaBee wrote:I never attended any of these games because A) I don't like Arsenal and B) the admission prices were hiked to Premier League level.
From the sounds of things, a lot of us (including me) only ever went to this fixture once!
hoofer2

Morgan Ferrier will go to a league club. I hear Tranmere are the latest to show an interest, and I am sure he will want to challenge further
up the pyramid rather than a sideways move.
ricardobee

I absolutely hated this fixture but it made quite a bit of £sd for the club with the high admission price being paid by gooners and also lots of sponsorship. I think it stopped after the reserve league for premier clubs disappeared.
beew

Only went to one, the 10-1 defeat which was prior to my following Barnet. I was given 6 tickets for the main Stand by Arsenal. Took my family and when we arrived someone was sitting in my seat. We only used 4 of the tickets so I said to the guy he could sit in one of the spare seats. He did so and as the game kicked off he promptly lit a cigar which completely pissed me off.
DerekRocholl

hoofer2 wrote:When you look at reports such as this https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/14/arsenal- ... d-7716342/
it's a shame Arsenal pulled out of the PSFs with us.

Did Wenger / TK have a fall out? Or is it simplye because Arsenal Ladies play at The Wood, and have a similar arrangement to us when Arsenal reserves played at Underhill?
I thought we got the PSF in return for letting them use Underhill for reserve matches. Hence the deal switched to Boreham Wood when the reserve fixtures went.

the reserve matches probably helped Arsenal to recruit supporters locally to Barnet’s detriment. It always seemed a crime that the club either couldn’t or didn’t promote Bees fixtures to Arsenal supporters turning up to those games.
eastbarnetsupporter

I have fond memories of Barnet v Arsenal in them pre-season friendlies. I remember meeting ray parlour with my Barnet top on and getting a picture and I've still got it to this day (I was about 11 at the time).

Whilst I understand for many it might have been a snobby experience with Arsenal fans dominating the terraces, I thought it was a pretty special fixture as a kid.

Not sure how the marketing went but it should have been used as an opportunity for Arsenal fans to visit Barnet when there was Arsenal away games on or on a different day.

There is a huge number of Barnet fans that also support Arsenal (and Spurs) due to the catchment area and this should have been utilised better.

With the hive being a much better set up than Underhill, I think many Arsenal/Spurs fans would be impressed if they came to visit us for a pre-season game. You never know they might come back once in a while having been to the ground having established a connection.