Where will we finish in the 18/19 season?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Where will we finish 2018/19

Poll ended at 04 Aug 2018, 13:27

1st - CHAMPIONS
11%
2nd-3rd - Promoted via Play Off Semis
21%
2nd-3rd - Play Off Semis and Not Promoted
9%
3rd-7th - Play Off Qualifying & Promoted
4%
3rd-7th - Play Off Qualifying & Not Promoted
28%
8th-12th - Mid table nothingness
21%
13th-17th - Lower Mid Table even less nothingness
4%
18th-20th - Flirt with Relegation
No votes
21st-24th - Relegated - NLS HERE WE COME!
3%

Total votes: 76

BGr

Re: Where will we finish in the 18/19 season?

Adam Rooney may well be the record signing in this division if it’s ever disclosed. I’ve heard £700k. And apparently a staggering 10,000 pounds a week including bonuses. Is there a chance he might be making more than some clubs’ entire squads? I can’t imagine Solihull or Braintree have weekly budgets much above that. I really hope him and the other moneychasers who have turned up there deliver half arsed performances for them and they finish mid table. Odious club, and I hope they either fail or ascend to a level where they can’t financially bully their way to success so the backer pulls out and Neville et al lose a fortune trying to keep them afloat.
Norfolkbee

I don't think players particularly worry about team-mates being on bigger wages providing they deliver the goods. It's when they don't that the problems start
#Beebot

Norfolkbee wrote:I don't think players particularly worry about team-mates being on bigger wages providing they deliver the goods. It's when they don't that the problems start
Bigger? No, probably not.

Earning several times what you earn? Absolutely.
#Beebot

hgbee wrote:Adam Rooney may well be the record signing in this division if it’s ever disclosed. I’ve heard £700k. And apparently a staggering 10,000 pounds a week including bonuses. Is there a chance he might be making more than some clubs’ entire squads? I can’t imagine Solihull or Braintree have weekly budgets much above that. I really hope him and the other moneychasers who have turned up there deliver half arsed performances for them and they finish mid table. Odious club, and I hope they either fail or ascend to a level where they can’t financially bully their way to success so the backer pulls out and Neville et al lose a fortune trying to keep them afloat.
I would be very surprised if anyone at Maidenhead (who I also follow) was on more than three figures per week.
Norfolkbee

A big wage automatically puts the pressure on a player to deliver. Rooney will have to hit the ground running. If not, the mutterings and back-biting will be starting before September. Everyone knows that reputations and big money cut very little ice in the fickle world of football fans. In fact, they make a massive stick to beat players with.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 19 Jul 2018, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Norfolk & Chance

Moneychasers!! Lol

The opportunity to earn more money playing football nearer to home.

I can't imagine Rooney et al would give a shite what anyone else thinks of their career decisions and nor should they.

And 'reputedly' and 'rumoured' does not mean it is fact!!
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Moneychasers!!

And 'reputedly' and 'rumoured' does not mean it is fact!!
Accepted, however the quotes from the Aberdeen manager would appear to support it.

"I think Adam has tried to allude to why he went there, but we'll now try to use the money brought in from Adam towards bringing in someone else.
"I think what is clear is that Salford are a very ambitious club and are in a hurry to get through the leagues."
Psycho

If it comes down to a last day decider between Chesterfield and Salford City for the title, the Spierites will be the team I'll want to go up. They've got plenty of history, Martin Allen works bloody hard and the fans will deserve it after a shocking last three years with back-to-back relegations. The fans will fill out their new ground every 10-14 days. Salford won't be able to sustain the level of astronomical money spent before it all goes tits up and the other 23 NL teams will be laughing at them. I really hate Gary Neville as well with that moaning nasal Manc accent we heard on ITV in the last month at the World Cup.
ninestein

Psycho wrote:If it comes down to a last day decider between Chesterfield and Salford City for the title, the Spierites will be the team I'll want to go up. They've got plenty of history, Martin Allen works bloody hard and the fans will deserve it after a shocking last three years with back-to-back relegations. The fans will fill out their new ground every 10-14 days. Salford won't be able to sustain the level of astronomical money spent before it all goes tits up and the other 23 NL teams will be laughing at them. I really hate Gary Neville as well with that moaning nasal Manc accent we heard on ITV in the last month at the World Cup.
Definitely agree I'd prefer Chesterfield to go up over them, regardless of what we do. I hate it when clubs think they can just wave the chequebook and buy the trophy.

Notts County thought they could buy League 2 a while back. Jake Hyde brought them down to earth temporarily. They did go up, but right now they're no further forward. The approach wasn't sustainable.

Likewise, look at Rushden & Diamonds the moment Max Griggs walked away.

I take pride in the fact we are a professional, sustainable club. We live within our means. Does that guarantee success? No. But at least i am likely to have a club to support in 5 years or 10 years time and beyond. We are where we are on merit.

The moment Salford go up, they will be subject to more stringent financial fair play rules. Let's see how their wage bill is affected then.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
rudebwoyben

ninestein wrote:
Psycho wrote:If it comes down to a last day decider between Chesterfield and Salford City for the title, the Spierites will be the team I'll want to go up. They've got plenty of history, Martin Allen works bloody hard and the fans will deserve it after a shocking last three years with back-to-back relegations. The fans will fill out their new ground every 10-14 days. Salford won't be able to sustain the level of astronomical money spent before it all goes tits up and the other 23 NL teams will be laughing at them. I really hate Gary Neville as well with that moaning nasal Manc accent we heard on ITV in the last month at the World Cup.
Definitely agree I'd prefer Chesterfield to go up over them, regardless of what we do. I hate it when clubs think they can just wave the chequebook and buy the trophy.

Notts County thought they could buy League 2 a while back. Jake Hyde brought them down to earth temporarily. They did go up, but right now they're no further forward. The approach wasn't sustainable.

Likewise, look at Rushden & Diamonds the moment Max Griggs walked away.

I take pride in the fact we are a professional, sustainable club. We live within our means. Does that guarantee success? No. But at least i am likely to have a club to support in 5 years or 10 years time and beyond. We are where we are on merit.
The money that Notts County supposedly had didn’t even exist!
northantsbee

I hope it takes Salford as long as it took FGR to buy promotion
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
#Beebot

A fully fit Tarpey is better than Adam Rooney anyway.
MCB

#Beebot wrote:A fully fit Tarpey is better than Adam Rooney anyway.
Let's hope we see a fully fit Tarpey then.

Does anyone actually know when we will see Tarpey, Santos, Vilhete, Akinola & Harry Taylor back on the football pitch?

I've heard 'months' for the latter 4, but no-one seems to know and the club won't tell us.
jerroll

MCB wrote:

Does anyone actually know when we will see Tarpey, Santos, Vilhete, Akinola & Harry Taylor back on the football pitch?

I've heard 'months' for the latter 4, but no-one seems to know and the club won't tell us.
People were saying on Tuesday that Tarpey might appear tomorrow but take that with a pinch of salt!! Once again the club seem very reluctant to update us on how long these players will be out for!
MCB

jerroll wrote:
MCB wrote:

People were saying on Tuesday that Tarpey might appear tomorrow but take that with a pinch of salt!! Once again the club seem very reluctant to update us on how long these players will be out for!
An approach I can't understand. It doesn't put us in a position of weakness to share their fitness. It's not Mad Dog saying Jude Stirling won't play, but several long term injuries.

if we know all 5 are expected to be back in 1st team consideration in the next month it would improve our outlook.