Where will we finish in the 18/19 season?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Where will we finish 2018/19

Poll ended at 04 Aug 2018, 13:27

1st - CHAMPIONS
11%
2nd-3rd - Promoted via Play Off Semis
21%
2nd-3rd - Play Off Semis and Not Promoted
9%
3rd-7th - Play Off Qualifying & Promoted
4%
3rd-7th - Play Off Qualifying & Not Promoted
28%
8th-12th - Mid table nothingness
21%
13th-17th - Lower Mid Table even less nothingness
4%
18th-20th - Flirt with Relegation
No votes
21st-24th - Relegated - NLS HERE WE COME!
3%

Total votes: 76

buzzinbee

Re: Where will we finish in the 18/19 season?

Tarpey was predicted to not play any PSFs and maybe miss the first two weeks on the season due to management not wanting to rush him back, by a Club employee, on twitter, a few weeks ago.

Understand the frustration of lack of info but seems that every company/business (sorry Jerroll), nowadays acts in this way and then they come up with if they told us, it would be detrimental to the Club!

Probably I will get shot down for this. I think we can do ok for the first month with Coulthirst and Barham up front depending on what service they will receive. I am still concern about the middle and defence sides of the team.

On were we will finish at the end of the season, I'm more a glass half empty fella. As in seeing other teams eg: Salford, Chesterfield, Hartlepool & Orient piping us in promotions and resided to spending a season down here like the last time!

I usually bet (throw away my money) on us to win or go up every season, I'm not this year and the last time I didn't was 2014/15 :ohlord:
jerroll

buzzinbee wrote:Tarpey was predicted to not play any PSFs and maybe miss the first two weeks on the season due to management not wanting to rush him back, by a Club employee, on twitter, a few weeks ago.

Understand the frustration of lack of info but seems that every company/business (sorry Jerroll), nowadays acts in this way and then they come up with if they told us, it would be detrimental to the Club!

Probably I will get shot down for this. I think we can do ok for the first month with Coulthirst and Barham up front depending on what service they will receive. I am still concern about the middle and defence sides of the team.

On were we will finish at the end of the season, I'm more a glass half empty fella. As in seeing other teams eg: Salford, Chesterfield, Hartlepool & Orient piping us in promotions and resided to spending a season down here like the last time!

I usually bet (throw away my money) on us to win or go up every season, I'm not this year and the last time I didn't was 2014/15 :ohlord:
Fair enough but a simple confirmation that those players are likely to be out until 2019 would suffice(Stilly answered questions on Mauro & Ricky but didn't comment on Sim at the Q& A but most supporters who weren't there would be completely in the dark) - certainly not expecting a definitive return date! Barham looked very lively @ Maldon and will probably be more suited to being an impact sub as the season progresses.
Last edited by jerroll on 20 Jul 2018, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
#Beebot

I hope the trialist forward from the Maldon game plays against Ipswich. We need a big centre forward regardless of whether Tarpey is back soon or not.
MCB

So with all our signings seemingly tied up, albeit possibly without a back up keeper at the moment.

Changed your thoughts? You've got till Saturday at 13:27 to change your mind..
letchbee94

My expectations are make the play offs, then it just a case if fortune is on our side in the play offs.
MCB

Less than 10% of us expect us to be champions, but..

1 in 3 of us expect us to get promoted.
62% of us expect to get in the play offs.
30% of us expect to make Wembley - well, and that's without looking at the FA Trophy

I'd consider a 'good' season is for us to get into the play offs - and 7 out of 10 of us think we'll do that.

Probably the most positive i've seen Barnet fans as a whole :D

I'll assume the 2 people who think we're getting relegated to be Carlisle fans.

All i'll say is that in 2001/02, the first season back after we got relegated from the football league, we had a bloody awful team, and the threat of Underhill stopping us getting back into the football league, and we finished 5th.

In 2013/14 we finished 8th, 7 points behind what was then the final play off position, but only 2 behind what is now the bottom play off place.

I think that the play offs should be a minimum target this year. We're stabilised, and although I don't see the flair or a Richard Graham, Dwayne Lee, Luisma Villa or Lee Cook in our team, I see a manager and team that will be a constant 7 out of 10, and I think that's good enough for us to challenge the top 5.
becbee

To be honest, how can we judge when we barely know the players? Even those who've seen the new signings play have only seen them in PSFs, which are never a reliable source.
Also having not been in this league for a while, over half the clubs have changed, we don't really know how high the bar is anyway.
MCB

becbee wrote:To be honest, how can we judge when we barely know the players?
Fair enough, i'll delete the thread and see if we can get Reckless' prediction league shut down.