Where are our goals going to come from?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: Where are our goals going to come from?

#Beebot wrote:Walker and EMC are wingers.
Only going by what the club say :?:

i was sure i've seen EMC playing upfront. Never seen Walker play.
20-year-old forward Josh Walker signs a two-year deal at Barnet FC following a successful trial period.
Ephron Mason-Clark, born in 1999, signed his first professional deal with Barnet in July 2016 after graduating from the youth academy. Possessing the skill to play either as a striker or on the left-wing
#Beebot

MCB wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Walker and EMC are wingers.
Only going by what the club say :?:

i was sure i've seen EMC playing upfront. Never seen Walker play.
20-year-old forward Josh Walker signs a two-year deal at Barnet FC following a successful trial period.
Ephron Mason-Clark, born in 1999, signed his first professional deal with Barnet in July 2016 after graduating from the youth academy. Possessing the skill to play either as a striker or on the left-wing
I only saw EMC play up front in his first couple of games under Allen, he's primarily a winger.

Walker played on the wing all of last season at Hendon.
Valter E

My guess is that new forward will be Michael Cheek or Morgan Ferrier. Both have Daggers background....
mcleod23

If it's Cheek, that really is doing things on the cheap. We have to do better than him surely otherwise we really won't do very well?!!! Ferrier would be a good addition despite all the crap going on behind the scenes (agent now sacked)
rudebwoyben

mcleod23 wrote:If it's Cheek, that really is doing things on the cheap. We have to do better than him surely otherwise we really won't do very well?!!! Ferrier would be a good addition despite all the crap going on behind the scenes (agent now sacked)
The Cheek of it if it is Cheek! I'm agreed that I would be very disappointed if he turns out to be our no 9.
#Beebot

rudebwoyben wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:If it's Cheek, that really is doing things on the cheap. We have to do better than him surely otherwise we really won't do very well?!!! Ferrier would be a good addition despite all the crap going on behind the scenes (agent now sacked)
The Cheek of it if it is Cheek! I'm agreed that I would be very disappointed if he turns out to be our no 9.
I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea as Tarpey would be our primary goalscorer. Cheek's main role would be as foil for Tarpey and as outlet for Sparkes's crossing.

Sean Marks was the perfect foil for Tarpey at Maidenhead and he was a fairly crude type of player.
Norfolk & Chance

I think perhaps too much reliance is going on to Tarpey.
He got a very serious injury and so won't be the player he once was.
He may also be prone to similar injuries if he has a weakness now.
Imo we need more than just a foil for him.
We need the insurance of another main striker or we may end up with similar frustrations to last season.
djhdjh

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I think perhaps too much reliance is going on to Tarpey.
He got a very serious injury and so won't be the player he once was.
He may also be prone to similar injuries if he has a weakness now.
Imo we need more than just a foil for him.
We need the insurance of another main striker or we may end up with similar frustrations to last season.
Is it really so certain that he won't be the same player? Players do come back from serious injuries, especially these days, and he was more about cleverness in his movement than out and out pace which is less likely to be lost. Not that it will definitely happen and it may take some time if it does, but there's no reason to definitively say he won't be the same player.

Obviously 2 big time goalscorers would be better than 1 so let's hope Tarpey does come back good as before and we bring in another as well.
Norfolk & Chance

If I was a betting man I'd say Tarpey will be a tad slower but I accept some players use their noddle more to make up for it.
I hope for his sake (and ours!) he can show us the type of player he was at Maidenhead, he deserves it.
I just hope it's not all down to him though as that will be asking for trouble on the injury front.
Not long now and we'll start to find out.........
antbfc

rudebwoyben wrote:
Knowing very little about Cheek can i ask why you'd be disappointed? Got a pretty good scoring record at this level for a supporting striker, has the height we need, knows the way John Still works...
rudebwoyben

antbfc wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
Knowing very little about Cheek can i ask why you'd be disappointed? Got a pretty good scoring record at this level for a supporting striker, has the height we need, knows the way John Still works...
On reflection I was a bit harsh. 13 goals in 34 matches last season is pretty decent and he was one of the top scorers in the National League in 16/17 despite playing for a Braintree side that got relegated. I suppose he doesn’t really go with the term ‘marquee signing’ and Daggers fans never really took to him, saying that Ferrier was the more talented player.
Valter E

Cheek was injured and missed parts of the season. He played 168 min per goal. Ferrier needed 243 min per goal.
Psycho

At least we have a bit of cockney rhyming slang now - John Still = Barnet nil.
mcleod23

antbfc wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote:
We have £250k from Akinde and probably around 3k per week in wages in the back pocket. Even if you used half of that cash, get a statement signing in and send some sort of message to the rest of the league. We did the last time we were in the Conf (Togs and Cook) in the last week - I hope the same this year.
talldarkslim

This season is heading for mid table mediocrity before we start. The signings look reasonable but lack real ambition. Without a strong centre forward we are destined for 7th-12th place. Going to the hive is better than going shopping with her indoors!