e-programmes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

e-programmes

Postby hendon4bee » 03 Aug 2018, 14:32

I have been meaning to suggest this for a while to the club. Word from the oracle at Barnet is that this will be the only option this season. Sad and the end of an era but sensible in my opinion. Environmentally friendly, cost effective, and can be downloaded hopefully in advance to read on the trip to the Hive. Hopefully will be the same for some away teams.

Instead of having a programme as a souvenir of a new ground a selfie will have to suffice.
Last edited by hendon4bee on 03 Aug 2018, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
hendon4bee
 
Posts: 1789
Joined: 08 Feb 2011, 13:27

Re: e-programmes

Postby ccollis_869 » 03 Aug 2018, 14:42

WHAT?!?! Am I reading this right that there will be no programmes on sale around the ground!
ccollis_869
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 21:05

Re: e-programmes

Postby LoudmouthBFC » 03 Aug 2018, 14:43

ccollis_869 wrote:WHAT?!?! Am I reading this right that there will be no programmes on sale around the ground!
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (8.45 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
LoudmouthBFC
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 19 Mar 2016, 18:39

Re: e-programmes

Postby ccollis_869 » 03 Aug 2018, 14:46

Fuck the trees! i want my programme!
ccollis_869
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 21:05

Re: e-programmes

Postby LoudmouthBFC » 03 Aug 2018, 14:51

ccollis_869 wrote:Fuck the trees! i want my programme!
Attachments
Yeah-Fuck-You-Too-Funny-Tree-Meme-Picture.jpg
Yeah-Fuck-You-Too-Funny-Tree-Meme-Picture.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
LoudmouthBFC
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 19 Mar 2016, 18:39

Re: e-programmes

Postby becbee » 03 Aug 2018, 14:57

When the subject of clubs being allowed to stop producing paper match day programmes made the news, I recall reading that this applied to EFL clubs only and that NL clubs would be obliged to continue as previously.
becbee
 
Posts: 6881
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: e-programmes

Postby Hiveoccupier » 03 Aug 2018, 15:43

hendon4bee wrote:I have been meaning to suggest this for a while to the club. Word from the oracle at Barnet is that this will be the only option this season. Sad and the end of an era but sensible in my opinion. Environmentally friend, cost effective, and can be downloaded hopefully in advance to read on the trip to the Hive. Hopefully will be the same for some away teams.

Instead of having a programme as a souvenir of a new ground a selfie will have to suffice.


This is a poor idea - if they have to go down this route they should print and sell single page team sheet style programmes with an AR link to online material for those who want it.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: e-programmes

Postby Bees1888 » 03 Aug 2018, 16:16

:sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?
Bees1888
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 17:26

Re: e-programmes

Postby jerroll » 03 Aug 2018, 16:27

Bees1888 wrote::sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?

Fortunately we don't live in a communist state and people have the freedom have their own opinions!!
jerroll
 
Posts: 8754
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: e-programmes

Postby ccollis_869 » 03 Aug 2018, 16:40

Bees1888 wrote::sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?

I very rarely moan in all fairness, but this is a key thing I enjoy about going to football and if/when (because let’s face it it will happen eventually all over football) I will genuinely miss it a lot.

I’m sure you have things not relating to the game that you enjoy about going to football, if the club removed that I’m sure you’d be against the idea
ccollis_869
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 21:05

Re: e-programmes

Postby Hiveoccupier » 03 Aug 2018, 16:41

Bees1888 wrote::sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?


It's an idea that would if implemented further diminish by a small amount the experience of following the club when better options exist. There is nothing environmentally friendly about it, using paper produced sustainably supports forestry which helps the environment.

The positive way to respond to the club is by giving them some feed back on the idea before they take a decision which won't have a positive outcome for them.

Your approach isn't supporting the club, it just encourages the club to pursue a direction from which it achieves a sub optimal outcome.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: e-programmes

Postby alexbach » 03 Aug 2018, 17:26

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Bees1888 wrote::sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?


It's an idea that would if implemented further diminish by a small amount the experience of following the club when better options exist. There is nothing environmentally friendly about it, using paper produced sustainably supports forestry which helps the environment.

The positive way to respond to the club is by giving them some feed back on the idea before they take a decision which won't have a positive outcome for them.

Your approach isn't supporting the club, it just encourages the club to pursue a direction from which it achieves a sub optimal outcome.
Have.written column for Braintree notes fir Eastleigh almost.complete

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
User avatar
alexbach
 
Posts: 574
Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 15:42

Re: e-programmes

Postby Hiveoccupier » 03 Aug 2018, 17:53

alexbach wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Bees1888 wrote::sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?


It's an idea that would if implemented further diminish by a small amount the experience of following the club when better options exist. There is nothing environmentally friendly about it, using paper produced sustainably supports forestry which helps the environment.

The positive way to respond to the club is by giving them some feed back on the idea before they take a decision which won't have a positive outcome for them.

Your approach isn't supporting the club, it just encourages the club to pursue a direction from which it achieves a sub optimal outcome.
Have.written column for Braintree notes fir Eastleigh almost.complete

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk


Hopefully you have given the editor enough time to correct all the spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. ! :whistle:
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: e-programmes

Postby John_c » 03 Aug 2018, 18:42

Hiveoccupier wrote:
alexbach wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Bees1888 wrote::sad: :sad: :sad: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Again - why is it you all have something to moan about?

It's not happened yet, and 90% of you will most likely like this idea. It's a good idea, as agreed environmental friendly!!!
Can we not just support the club for once in a positive manner without the negative nonsense?!!?!?


It's an idea that would if implemented further diminish by a small amount the experience of following the club when better options exist. There is nothing environmentally friendly about it, using paper produced sustainably supports forestry which helps the environment.

The positive way to respond to the club is by giving them some feed back on the idea before they take a decision which won't have a positive outcome for them.

Your approach isn't supporting the club, it just encourages the club to pursue a direction from which it achieves a sub optimal outcome.
Have.written column for Braintree notes fir Eastleigh almost.complete

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk


Hopefully you have given the editor enough time to correct all the spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. ! :whistle:
Do I detect some rancour with Alex?

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: e-programmes

Postby barnetpete » 03 Aug 2018, 21:04

E-programmes have to be the way forward. Current programmes are made for a smaller and smaller number of people. Programmes were great prior to internet/twitter/social media. Now we have news on tap, videos etc programmes are an old school thing. Keep the premise via an e- programme to allow those who wish to write write.
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adher36, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Norfolk & Chance and 20 guests