e-programmes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: e-programmes

watfordbee wrote:Poor and amateurish from the club, must be the only club in the country to not produce a programme.
Does this mean that there will be no ground hoppers at The Hive?
John_c

watfordbee wrote:Poor and amateurish from the club, must be the only club in the country to not produce a programme.
Hardly. It's going to be the norm.

Progressive and forward thinking.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
jerroll

The football league voted to stop producing programmes so we won't be the only club doing this.
rudebwoyben

I'm already reading my copy!
I quite like it. Storing PDFs is less onerous than storing physical copies and even though I'm not going to the match tonight it's nice to be able to get a copy.
BeeSwede

For us international Bees this is just great! Just read the first programme in three years - excellent reading :hi:
MCB

If you want a hard copy, colour printers cost £30. If groundhoppers want something printed, team sheets available in club shop (how much?).

This is the new norm.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I wonder what the costs were vs advertising money received + sales vs cost of production & paying programme sellers.
alexbach

does this mean village pays to get in?
MCB

alexbach wrote:does this mean village pays to get in?
Good point.

Alex, you write in the programme. How many were normally sold? Will be interesting to compare vs number of impressions of online programme.

Also, i'm not wishing to give anyone any ideas, but I think they should be free for members, and emailed out on the day so they have them first.

£1 for everyone else...
chesbee

Will be fun getting it signed
pokal02

I assume it was losing money - in which case I can't really complain (although I'm sad that 100+ years tradition has been lost at a stroke) - I don't think raising the price to £4 would have been viable. At least it postpones the day when I'll need more shelves built to house my collection (which goes back to 1959)! I won't be reading the e-version - not sure yet whether I'll buy the team sheets - thought 30p for the Ipswich one was a bit cheeky - they can only cost 2 or 3 pence to produce.
Norfolk & Chance

Can the e version be annotated? I know some people like to make notes on the program, score/scorers etc
Maybe the teamsheet could be used for that for those that like to.
alexbach

MCB wrote:
alexbach wrote:does this mean village pays to get in?
Good point.

Alex, you write in the programme. How many were normally sold? Will be interesting to compare vs number of impressions of online programme.

Also, i'm not wishing to give anyone any ideas, but I think they should be free for members, and emailed out on the day so they have them first.

£1 for everyone else...
Yes MCB, but only.sold them at underhill.suspect less at the hive was not uncommon to sell out

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
becbee

Part of me is very disappointed, buying a programme has always been part of the home match day experience ( I stopped buying away ones several years ago). There always appeared to be quite a lot sold - we were known to run out when there was a large away following - so I'm surprised the club presumably consider it to be non cost effective, but what would I know?

However whilst I always bought the programme, I rarely had time to give it more than a quick glimpse pre kick off then if we lost, I couldn't be bothered to look at it afterwards so I suppose it was a waste of money. At least with it being on-line I have the opportunity to read the online version before leaving home , so will probably end up reading more for no cost than I often used to when I was paying £3.

It's rather harsh though on those who don't use the internet, but then, so much in life these days must be difficult for those who don't use the internet.
Monsieur Abeille

I'd be disappointed if I was at the match, but being at home its great to have the program available, and FOC
timbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Can the e version be annotated? I know some people like to make notes on the program, score/scorers etc
Maybe the teamsheet could be used for that for those that like to.
Yes - at least you can on an iPad. Save it into iBooks and you can then digitally scribble on it. Other pdf editors are probably available. Finally the excuse I need to buy an Apple Pencil.

First time I have looked at a programme for some years having given up buying them and binning all but a few important ones.
Look up, look up, look up now,
It's a long way down
2002-3 Prediction League Champion