e-programmes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
djhdjh

Re: e-programmes

So we just throw out things that are 'old school' as if change is always a good thing. Maybe you'd like to tell our current manager that he's been doing it wrong all these years, I'd say he's pretty 'old school.'

The value of a programme is in large part as a memento, a reminder of games that have gone before. I regularly flick through them because I see them lying around in a way I wouldn't if they were online. Being able to hold them matters, being able to flick through them before the game, at half time and on the way home on something larger than a mobile screen matters. Sure this is misty-eyed romanticism and nostalgia but that's the essence of football supporting overall.

I have no interest in reading some glorified blog produced by the club in its place. If you want to get rid of programmes to save a few bob and pretend you're saving the world while being hip and trendy, go ahead and do it. But let's not pretend it's any sort of replacement.
alexbach

djhdjh wrote:So we just throw out things that are 'old school' as if change is always a good thing. Maybe you'd like to tell our current manager that he's been doing it wrong all these years, I'd say he's pretty 'old school.'

The value of a programme is in large part as a memento, a reminder of games that have gone before. I regularly flick through them because I see them lying around in a way I wouldn't if they were online. Being able to hold them matters, being able to flick through them before the game, at half time and on the way home on something larger than a mobile screen matters. Sure this is misty-eyed romanticism and nostalgia but that's the essence of football supporting overall.

I have no interest in reading some glorified blog produced by the club in its place. If you want to get rid of programmes to save a few bob and pretend you're saving the world while being hip and trendy, go ahead and do it. But let's not pretend it's any sort of replacement.
Just telling you that's all I knowImage. Was mentioned on Hospital radio barnet a week ago. Recalled it was a sad day when new musical express abolished the print edition. Im sure we will learn more in course

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
Last edited by alexbach on 04 Aug 2018, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
BeesKnees

It's more than a replacement for me. I chose not to buy programs because they are a wasteful use of resource that often ends up gathering dust. I switched to eBooks and magazines long ago. The energy cost of production and recycling is higher and more toxic than most realise.

I would love to buy electronic format and access all the stories, interviews and information that others do, plus it opens up the market to non match goers.

A good move by the club.
DerekRocholl

BeesKnees wrote:It's more than a replacement for me. I chose not to buy programs because they are a wasteful use of resource that often ends up gathering dust. I switched to eBooks and magazines long ago. The energy cost of production and recycling is higher and more toxic than most realise.

I would love to buy electronic format and access all the stories, interviews and information that others do, plus it opens up the market to non match goers.

A good move by the club.
Has the cub actually decided to replace the printed programme with an online version ? I would have thought it more likely that the printed version would cease with no replacement other than just the existing website content and social media feeds.
chesbee

I stopped buying programmes last season simply because that after 53 years of collecting them I had run out of space, and to be honest I didn't miss them......although if e-programmes were available I would subscribe
ricardobee

What ever next? The end of live football being played by humans? Will football end up just being generated on computers. Sky have recently been showing the World Cup played by computer nerds. God help us all!
At least it will save some chairmen the bother of opening white elephant stadiums they can hardly fill.
BeesKnees

Hiveoccupier wrote:
BeesKnees wrote:It's more than a replacement for me. I chose not to buy programs because they are a wasteful use of resource that often ends up gathering dust. I switched to eBooks and magazines long ago. The energy cost of production and recycling is higher and more toxic than most realise.

A good move by the club.
Has the cub actually decided to replace the printed programme with an online version ? I would have thought it more likely that the printed version would cease with no replacement other than just the existing website content and social media feeds.
No idea, my response is based on the original post that an e-programme will be available
letchbee94

Well Aldershot produced a programme anyway.
John Hunt

Without any announcement yet i suspect they are on the photocopier. I wonder if the programme sellers have heard either way!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

I assume no news means they will still be available to buy tonight. Off to work now so too late to download anything.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BEEGONE

Confirmed on main site. Download only.
alexbach

just read the first issue
Carla was at maldon and tiptree. Craig saul now has a page, alongside us veteran contributors
Last edited by alexbach on 07 Aug 2018, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
CrawleyBee

Poor and amateurish from the club, must be the only club in the country to not produce a programme.
Formerly Watfordbee
PBBee

At least they are free of charge which I wasn't expecting!
hoppy

With no programme sellers does this mean no match day draw tickets?