e-programmes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolk & Chance

Re: e-programmes

If I tried to recall a random game from 40 years ago I'd struggle.
Pick up an old program though and it all comes flooding back.
Even where I stood with my old Dad.
I do however accept that times change and youngsters today will find other ways of reminiscing.
Just seems sad though.

And any youngsters who go with their Dads to watch the Bees, treasure every game, cos they ain't gonna be here forever.
MCB

But with e-programmes can't all these be done anyway? I know to us fogies it's not the same, but the programmes will exist forever, can be downloaded in a click and the game revisited in seconds without having to go through boxes in the attic!

I've reduced my programme collection to about 25 of the most memorable games with newspaper clippings and some odd fanzine obviously written by nerdy students off their heads on drugs, but I havn't bought a programme for years as I know I don't have the storage. But now I read them every game?
Norfolk & Chance

Yes indeed.
And it will seem perfectly normal to them, as it no doubt already does.
I can't quite explain the pleasure of dusting off a faded old program though and having a thumb through it.
And then thinking, between sneezes, Jesus Christ, what happened to the last 40 years!
The e program is quite appropriate today but the passing of the paper one is a bit sad, that's all.
#Beebot

The below website is selling printed copies of the e-programmes. Not 100% sure if legit though.

https://www.m60footballprogrammes.com/2 ... -413-c.asp
hoppy

I've just skimmed throughyesterday's (free to read) e-programme. A good read, I hope the Stockport fans appreciated the extensive coverage on their club.
I was originally uncomfortable about the decision to scrap the hard copy programme, but, to be honest, I have come round to this now.
I see that over 1800 people have so far read yesterday's programme. That is surely a bigger number than we would have sold!
The advertisers must be happy to get potentially more views. I am £3 richer. Barnet FC is not making s loss on the programme. Everyone's a winner.
becbee

Agree with Hoppy.
I religiously always bought the programmes on my way into the ground. In the pre mobile phone era, I'd read it pre match and at half time but once I had a phone I instead would be online checking the team / half time scores etc. Buying the programme remained an ingrained habit but in the last couple of seasons I'd do no more than glimpse at the programme whilst at the ground, post match I'd take it home and usually either forget to read it, or after a defeat not want to anyway. It was really a wasted £3.
Now I read the online version a couple of hours post match instead and save £3 plus storage space. I still only skim through it though. I'm not really interested in in-depth coverage of the opposition.
DerekRocholl

hoppy wrote:I've just skimmed throughyesterday's (free to read) e-programme. A good read, I hope the Stockport fans appreciated the extensive coverage on their club.
I was originally uncomfortable about the decision to scrap the hard copy programme, but, to be honest, I have come round to this now.
I see that over 1800 people have so far read yesterday's programme. That is surely a bigger number than we would have sold!
The advertisers must be happy to get potentially more views. I am £3 richer. Barnet FC is not making s loss on the programme. Everyone's a winner.
1,800 views doesn’t mean 1,800 people. It is the equivalent of 300 people opening looking at their programme on an average of 6 different ocassions between buying it and throwing it away. I have no doubt the club has stopped losing money on the programme but I seriously doubt it is worth advertising in other than as a form of charity to TK.