Sack the fucking lot of them

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
StephenM

Re: Sack the fucking lot of them

Edd1 wrote:
StillClueless wrote:Still a lousy manager. Hated his tactics 20 years ago and nothing has changed my mind. Give him time to ensure a relegation battle and then he’ll fuck off and let someone else take the blame. Sound familiar?
Hear hear.

The stadium clock said 77 mins. We’re 2-0 down at home. Ebbsfleet had a corner. Our most advanced player had his feet on the D. So just 22 yards down the pitch, a full 34 yards from being off side and 90 yards from the opposition goal. What sort of tactics are they?
Its the same tactics he's always used. I've not been to a game this year yet but can I assume he insists that every throw in is taken straight down the line as "statistically it comes back to you".
StillClueless

Still tactics. A master at defending a losing position.
dawat

Norfolk & Chance wrote:No Still, is better than a bad Still...........
But maybe we can get half a Still !
EastBarnetBee

Still has to go. Our performances have been fucking embarrassing. Get Harrison out on loan - he’s not good enough. We need some loanees and fast.
letchbee94

Edd1 wrote:The title says it all.

The board, the coaching staff, the players, even the fucking bar staff. Every single one of the people that supposedly run the club.

Fuck off. All of you.
Agree with Norfolk only 1 man I want replaced.

Like the rest of my mates I go with we cannot comment on the bar staff now as we are not spending money when at the Hive now (apart from our entrance fee but that has already been paid for as we members)
letchbee94

The board, the coaching staff, the players, even the fucking bar staff. Every single one of the people that supposedly run the club.

Fuck off. All of you.

Like the rest of my mates I go with we cannot comment on the bar staff now as we are not spending money when at the Hive now (apart from our entrance fee but that has already been paid for as we members)
DerekRocholl

letchbee94 wrote:

Fuck off. All of you.

Now that I can’t by a programme or draw ticket I only buy the a South terrace ticket and I must be getting close to spending less with club now than I did before the payillion opened at Underhill more than a decade ago.
letchbee94

Yeah for the first time in 24 years we are not doing a H/T Black and amber draw.
Like you Derek I would still buy these things on a match day.
net_nhoj

As I return home to my cottage in Hadley Wood after a scrumptious meal at Skwed in Cockfosters where I dined alone and opted for a chicken based meal with pitta and homemade chips, I slip into bed and think "I told you so". The messiah was here earlier on in the year and warned you about TK, the Hive and everything that has been happening and will happen. Some agreed, others disagreed.

You can see the direction this club has been going on from the outside looking in for years on end. It's clear the man running the show has no clue about football as per his ridiculous statements he put out previously in regards to Rossi, appointing Mcghee, Westley and then Allen. And the saddest part about it all is he can't even put the right people in charge to run the club if he can't do it properly. Appointing Still another has been dinosaur and letting him have full reigns on transfers was never going to end well, the same with Robson who was allowed to go in his direction.

One minute Robson's signing English players released from higher clubs, then we are turning into a mini Ajax, next thing it's back to Allen and now it's Still and his dagenham boys. Just decide on a long term plan and stick to it. What's to lose...every sign of relegation and TK rips it up and starts from scratch. Now we've gone back to Still, what next? TK move aside and let someone who knows what they are doing employ someone who knows what they are doing.

As usual, great training ground, but fack all on the pitch. And the frustrating thing is, because of the training ground it's all there, it's ready to go, but what's the point of having great facilities if you are signing a bunch of imbeciles and putting in place a manager who barely knows who Pep Guardiola is. Guys like Still, ask him how many professional development courses he's been on recently...there are loads of managers like Eddie Howe, Chris Hughton, Pochettino who would open their doors for Still to go and observe and learn new methods. I bet you he hasn't done anything of the like in the last five years.
ricardobee

net_nhoj, or even haissem wise words. As we speak I hear the knives (and pens) being sharpened by the lovers and followers of this insular, clueless of good football, employer of crap managers.
I look forward to more of your rich and informative parables.
barnetpete

Anyone delved into the Man City documentary on Amazon yet? I admire their owners visions and dreams, first class sports/training complex, entertaining football, employing the best people, planning for the future, investing in the youth.

To a point TK seems to have tried to have done that with Barnet; a complex of sport, quality facilities for the level of player playing at the level, a youth structure, and even spent money on a squad. But somehow money has been spent so badly, there is no soul to the club, no winning mentality, no togetherness. That requires the right characters and expertise in the crucial management positions up at the top, which then leads to employing the right staff, empowering them, both on the playing side and the non playing side. And taking the fans along on that journey.

The underlying feeling of negativity is infectious, the fans are riddled with it, and that stems from the feeling coming out of the club. The return of Still and Currie was an opportunity, like the opportunity when we won the league, but the club doesn't capture that optimism, doesn't instill hope and positivity.

The players should turn up at the hive and have a buzz about training and playing there, be proud to put on the shirt. Despite its location, the fans should turn up for a match and be proud of the team and the ground, the potential of the club and the chance to enjoy it with their mates. That is all sadly lacking.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
shankbee01

barnetpete wrote:Anyone delved into the Man City documentary on Amazon yet? I admire their owners visions and dreams, first class sports/training complex, entertaining football, employing the best people, planning for the future, investing in the youth.

To a point TK seems to have tried to have done that with Barnet; a complex of sport, quality facilities for the level of player playing at the level, a youth structure, and even spent money on a squad. But somehow money has been spent so badly, there is no soul to the club, no winning mentality, no togetherness. That requires the right characters and expertise in the crucial management positions up at the top, which then leads to employing the right staff, empowering them, both on the playing side and the non playing side. And taking the fans along on that journey.

The underlying feeling of negativity is infectious, the fans are riddled with it, and that stems from the feeling coming out of the club. The return of Still and Currie was an opportunity, like the opportunity when we won the league, but the club doesn't capture that optimism, doesn't instill hope and positivity.

The players should turn up at the hive and have a buzz about training and playing there, be proud to put on the shirt. Despite its location, the fans should turn up for a match and be proud of the team and the ground, the potential of the club and the chance to enjoy it with their mates. That is all sadly lacking.
One of my best mates is a City fan and hates what his club has become, a couple of his mates who have season tickets have stopped going to most games because ‘it’s boring and the stadium has no atmosphere’.

I guess some people will never be happy but it shows what I’ve suspected for a long time, the problems aren’t exclusive to Barnet. Look at other forums, when teams are losing the atmosphere becomes terrible. When teams are winning people enjoy it and still moan about stuff. Just seems to be the way it is these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeeBoi1980

shankbee01 wrote:
barnetpete wrote:Anyone delved into the Man City documentary on Amazon yet? I admire their owners visions and dreams, first class sports/training complex, entertaining football, employing the best people, planning for the future, investing in the youth.

One of my best mates is a City fan and hates what his club has become, a couple of his mates who have season tickets have stopped going to most games because ‘it’s boring and the stadium has no atmosphere’.

I guess some people will never be happy but it shows what I’ve suspected for a long time, the problems aren’t exclusive to Barnet. Look at other forums, when teams are losing the atmosphere becomes terrible. When teams are winning people enjoy it and still moan about stuff. Just seems to be the way it is these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People tend to have selective memories.

Underhill was not fit for purpose. The pitch, whilst less sloped than in times past, was still not great. The toilets were foul. The dressing rooms old and cramped. The place was ramshackle.

The problem is, we have so many good memories there, and it's our ramshackle, so we will tend to remember the good over the bad. And of course, for many the location was the only thing that mattered.

In reality what we have now is vastly improved, but we will tend to hold onto the past.

In general, football comes from a place of foul language, homophobia, racism and sexism. It couldn't continue as it was.

But again, it was our imperfect game, and we remember times past fondly.

In reality we have 24 hour access and exposure to the game we love through media and social media, and the game is safer and more accessible to families.

People simply have a tendency to reject change and hang onto the past. I put myself in that bracket for example, given I'm very anti VAR.

It wouldn't matter what was going on, there will always be those who want things to stay as they were.

I'm sure if we were in League 1 off of the back of a successful season the location of the stadium, the prices and the weddings wouldn't matter to so many people. But equally to some they still would.

Everything the fans and the club are going through are just part of a cycle we see time and again, at other clubs, in other sports, and in life. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make the tripe on the pitch any more palatable. But rest assured, no matter what happens now and in the future, it certainly won't be to the liking of all Barnet fans, even though we all have the same basic desire for the club to be successful.
Norfolk & Chance

Well that was confusing!
eastbarnetsupporter

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Well that was confusing!
Makes sense really.

Times change in all sports and industries and a certain element won't always like it.

I loved Underhill but it was a crumbling dump (but it was out dump).

Like black cab drivers who fail to see how technology has surpassed them (with Uber and the like) some people don't want things to change.

My dad blindly refuses to get internet banking because he hates tech (even though he would greatly save time and effort if he did so). Many arguments have taken place. His generation are likely to do what they know best and not look ahead.