What’s has happened to Still?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pauln50

Re: What’s has happened to Still?

Just watched the highlights of the under 18 team beating MK Dons. I really hope Still was there to see how it can be done. OK only a few minutes but that was really impressive. Play them on Saturday, might stand a chance!
dawat

I am baffled by what is happening with John Still and the team at the moment to be honest. John had an opportunity not given to any previous one of our managers in recent history to my knowledge. He was allowed to bring in several players from his former club and allowed to supplement them with players of his own choosing before the season started. He had the ability to gel that team as far as possible before the season started, but used these games to try out trialists and different formations, which meant as the season began the first team once again looked like they hardly knew each other. No change there then.
To build a team around a style and a player that are unsuitable is not just baffling it is bordering on insanity! Any professional footballer given enough games will produce a few good performances, but that doesn't warrant their continual selection. In the past we have seem this same baffling tendency with managers, Blackman being a good example, where players keep getting selected over other better players without rhyme or reason! Why are these fundamental failings supposed to be acceptable to the fans who witness and comment on them repeatedly?
Is it that our managers are supposed to be 'experts' on football and so should not be questioned or challenged? I like the following definition of an expert : An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing!
Do some of our managers know so much about football that they can no longer see what is blindingly obvious to those of us who are not experts?
talldarkslim

Where are the urgent loan signings without which this club is in a death spiral?
NorthFinchleyBee

Hello all, I've been on holiday and come back to see we are in the shite somewhat. Hope they gell as a team soon.One question though, when is Tarpey coming back? Sorry if I've missed this.
jerroll

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:Hello all, I've been on holiday and come back to see we are in the shite somewhat. Hope they gell as a team soon.One question though, when is Tarpey coming back? Sorry if I've missed this.
30th February!!! - the truth is no one has a clue what is wrong or at least that's the line the club are taking.
NorthFinchleyBee

jerroll wrote:
NorthFinchleyBee wrote:Hello all, I've been on holiday and come back to see we are in the shite somewhat. Hope they gell as a team soon.One question though, when is Tarpey coming back? Sorry if I've missed this.
30th February!!! - the truth is no one has a clue what is wrong or at least that's the line the club are taking.
Bloody hell, that is bad luck. effectively out for a season and a half. I was hoping he would be back at some in the Autumn and bag some much needed goals. In that case I'm bemused as to why we did not try harder to keep Nicholls or to recruit someone with a better pedigree than those currently in the side.
jerroll

NorthFinchleyBee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Bloody hell, that is bad luck. effectively out for a season and a half. I was hoping he would be back at some in the Autumn and bag some much needed goals. In that case I'm bemused as to why we did not try harder to keep Nicholls or to recruit someone with a better pedigree than those currently in the side.
30th February =never!! according to still he trained all week before shots then pulled out during the warm up! could be fit for Saturday or maybe never play again!
EastBarnetBee

We’re never going to see this guy play. End of.
northantsbee

Where is BRANIUPJHONSTILL to defend this manager of great tactics and morals?

In answer to the question "What’s has happened to Still?", the answer is unfortunately nothing, he is still here.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
talldarkslim

Even the ardent followers who sit close to me have nearly had enough. I can understand TK not wanting to pay more wages with the size of our squad. This is the worst group of new players I have ever seen. We may well be too far adrift by the time the walking wounded are fit again. Watching Barnet has become totally depressing.
BarmyBee210

You must be joking? In terms of talent this team has no end of potential, we're just waiting to click. Bouccharde and Tarpie will be the missing links to connect us to a sustained promotion push. Oh, and nothing has happened to Stilly. I had coffee with him yesterday and nothing is wrong. He's the best manager in the league and will go on a similar run to the one his Luton side embarked on. Trust me, don't argue. I'll be waiting.

Signed,

Twoten.
To bee or not to bee

talldarkslim wrote:Even the ardent followers who sit close to me have nearly had enough. I can understand TK not wanting to pay more wages with the size of our squad. This is the worst group of new players I have ever seen. We may well be too far adrift by the time the walking wounded are fit again. Watching Barnet has become totally depressing.
There’s a lot of us feeling like that but we’ve all got the Barnet bug. I should imagine if we don’t get at least 3 points from the next 2 games things will come to a head. No idea what the answer is in that scenario but I don’t run a football club. I just want to watch my team try to play some decent football.
hoofer2

talldarkslim wrote:Even the ardent followers who sit close to me have nearly had enough. I can understand TK not wanting to pay more wages with the size of our squad. This is the worst group of new players I have ever seen. We may well be too far adrift by the time the walking wounded are fit again. Watching Barnet has become totally depressing.
I am still compelled to go as nothing can be worse than the Mullery era. I also prefer to moan in person. The utopian alternative of watching AFC Barnet struggling to play in Oak Hill Park for some fans is even worse.
talldarkslim

If we are lucky we will get 3 points from the next 4 games. A loss at chesterfield should be followed by a win v daggers. However 3 draws are more likely which will not be good enough.
becbee

To bee or not to bee wrote:
There’s a lot of us feeling like that but we’ve all got the Barnet bug. I should imagine if we don’t get at least 3 points from the next 2 games things will come to a head. No idea what the answer is in that scenario but I don’t run a football club. I just want to watch my team try to play some decent football.
It's the football season, it's what we do. Having said that, I'm not going to Chesterfield tomorrow.

When we were relegated, I felt that one positive would be all the new grounds. When the fixture list came out, I was looking forward to my first visits to Dover and Bromley. ( 1st and 4th September). Now I'm not sure whether or not to go, will see what happens this weekend first.