These Weddings

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
First Half Only

These Weddings

ok it's bad enough having weddings on match days,
bars being shut, being looked at by guests like your something from the Jeremy Kyle show but....

Do you think TK tells them when they book that there will be a football match on at the same time..
I think proberly not as they seem as fed up as we look when they see football people about.

I just think the man will do anything for a pound note even misleading people on their wedding day
StephenM

Re: These Weddings

I'm pretty sure any weddings that are taking place at the moment were arranged prior to this seasons fixtures coming out. I'm also pretty sure it is made known to the couple booking the venue that matches could be happening at the same time.
First Half Only

really... Away fans wasn't told Saturday..that a pre arranged wedding was in their end and before the game please drink elsewhere.. as you won't be allowed in the hive bar either.
MCB

Ebbsfleet fans did have drinks and food available to them.

But it was still bloody shoddy.
Norfolk & Chance

Is it out of the question that a small number of particularly unpleasant away fans could actually try to crash a wedding if they were stopped from using the bar etc?
Now that would make someone's wedding quite memorable!
john dockers shorts

Can someone briefly summarise the issue with weddings. I saw one v Gravesend and didn't cause me any problems.
Norfolk & Chance

If you see no issue, there is no issue!
Each to their own!
Mem Beespod

Personally I question a couple who want to get married at a football club with a 50/50 chance their wedding will fall on match day. My missus would’ve had a fit if I suggested somewhere like the Hive for our wedding day!!
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
hoppy

I wonder which made more cash for for TK. The wedding in the North Stand or the wake inside the ground?
DerekRocholl

hoppy wrote:I wonder which made more cash for for TK. The wedding in the North Stand or the wake inside the ground?
Almost definitely the wedding. There are very few places in London that have the necessary capacity to host a fully catered wedding of the size many Hindu and Sikh families wish to hold.
DerekRocholl

hoppy wrote:I wonder which made more cash for for TK. The wedding in the North Stand or the wake inside the ground?
Almost definitely the wedding. There are very few places in London that have the necessary capacity to host a fully catered wedding of the size many Hindu and Sikh families wish to hold.
alexbach

Against Dagenham... Nice day to start again.nice day for a white wedding

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
hoppy

Hiveoccupier wrote:
So can you blame TK for cashing in on these weddings?
Personally I can't see what all the fuss is about. The wedding guests dont affect my enjoyment (?) of the football. So, TK closed the North Stand bar. The away fans still had access to another bar with food and drink. One would hope that the money made from the weddings (or at least part of it) will drip-feed into the football club finances. There may be minor inconveniences (parking?) but surely we can out up with these if we look at the bigger picture.
Now, whether the wedding guests have an issue with a football match being played at their wedding venue, that is an issue for them. Frankly, I don't particularly care. They have the choice to choose another venue.
MCB

Imagine if you had the away bar booked for your wedding for the Leyton Orient game (can't think of many that would bring more than 100) - it could and would impact it.

Ebbsfleet fans should have had end of West Stand and the old away bar for everyone's benefit.

Just think there are better times and places to hold it. There are what - 24 / 52 Saturdays used up for football. Surely on those days there could be a game time wedding embargo?

Are Sikh/Hindu weddings restricted to Saturdays? I know how big and profitable Hindu weddings can be, but all it takes is one bad incident (pissed abusive away fans etc) and no-one will want to get married at The Hive.

Let's just have 4 hours 23 times a year where football is the priority. It's not a big ask.

That does 328 days to rinse the facility for any money making purposes.
Last edited by MCB on 21 Aug 2018, 07:23, edited 4 times in total.
RichardM

hoppy wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
So can you blame TK for cashing in on these weddings?
Personally I can't see what all the fuss is about. The wedding guests dont affect my enjoyment (?) of the football. So, TK closed the North Stand bar. The away fans still had access to another bar with food and drink. One would hope that the money made from the weddings (or at least part of it) will drip-feed into the football club finances. There may be minor inconveniences (parking?) but surely we can out up with these if we look at the bigger picture.
Now, whether the wedding guests have an issue with a football match being played at their wedding venue, that is an issue for them. Frankly, I don't particularly care. They have the choice to choose another venue.
This.